Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#26 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 10:50 PM
That's looking much better!

Take a look at the positioning of your kitchen units in relation to the windows because it looks like you have units occluding them. Also why do you have 2 double beds in one room?

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#27 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Karen Lorraine
That's looking much better!

Take a look at the positioning of your kitchen units in relation to the windows because it looks like you have units occluding them. Also why do you have 2 double beds in one room?

Thanks!

I guess it does look quite strange with the countertops obscuring half the windows.

My reason for the two double beds is to have the room somewhat like a hotel room, in case there is more than one loving couple or just four people. I guess it is a little excessive compared to the master bathroom which has one toilet and a sink but two showers. In addition to why I built this mansion for a full house, I was thinking it could also provide as a small bed and bath business for visitors.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#28 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 9:37 PM
I wouldn't want to share a room with another couple!

So I think you need to move the kitchen counters or use different windows

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Inventor
Original Poster
#29 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 3:57 AM
The mansion has undergone a couple more suggestions, by organizing the kitchen furniture to where they don't obscure half the windows, and I got rid of one of the double beds in the master bedroom. Bedroom may still look a little big, but I want to let other players decide how they will organize it if needed. After all, there's plenty of room for something more modern like a television or a computer station.

I am nearly ready to start submitting this project to see if it will get a better score than previously. If there are any other minor recommendations, speak now or forever hold your peace. :P

Screenshots are my changes made to the two rooms mentioned.
Screenshots
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#30 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 8:34 AM
New top down images would be good so that we can see your furniture placement in relation to where the walls are placed

Inventor
Original Poster
#31 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 5:45 PM
Done! :D

Third floor is probably insignificant to show but why not. :P
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#32 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 8:46 PM
Nitpick - in two of those upstairs bathrooms, the toilet is positioned so that it's the first thing you see when you open the door. This is not ideal.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
Original Poster
#33 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 3:58 AM Last edited by kamoodle5 : 4th Apr 2017 at 7:29 AM.
Organized those two bathrooms to where the toilet now stands beside the bathtub away from the door. The screenshot is of one of those bathrooms.

Edit 4/4/2017: The chateau has been uploaded and approved. Thanks so much for the feedback, everyone. It definitely looks much better than my previous shot at this project before the hiatus. Enjoy the mansion while you can. :D
Screenshots
Page 2 of 2