Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom food disappears - bandaid patch

by cathair2005 Posted 4th Feb 2006 at 8:44 AM - Updated 25th Jul 2006 at 1:07 PM by cathair2005

112 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 111 Feedback Posts
Page 3 of 5
Test Subject
#51 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 2:40 AM
Thank you so much. You're the best.
Test Subject
#52 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 4:58 PM
I have all expansion packs. I tried to use this yesterday. I had a new family on a lot and when it came time to eat they could not keep the plates. If they made the food, when they finished the plate would disappear. There was no option for them to pick up a plate that my all-in-one had prepared, and they could not get food from the buffet. I had some very hungry sims.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 2:24 AM
Yeah I am waiting for Cathair to update this hack too. Its an awesome hack that food lovers need.
Test Subject
#54 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 9:38 PM
I love this hack, however with OFB, the food disappears as soon as it is prepared. Even baby bottles disappear as soon as they are pulled from the fridge.
Test Subject
#55 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 6:28 PM
I tried your patch and it made my sims food dissappear before it had even been served, the plate and all, plus I couldn't pick up the plate before serving even with moveobjects on.
Test Subject
#56 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 10:33 PM
Default finish food
it doesnt work like i want it to as soon as the sim is done preparing the food it dissappears even before they eat it plus now they cant eat the food and they will die of hunger please fix
Field Researcher
#57 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 2:57 AM
Default Possible Expansion Pack Bugs
I don't know if this has happend to anyone else but I downloaded this mod before I purchased OFB and it worked fine. When I installed OFB I noticed that when my Sims cooked a meal, as soon as the food was prepared the dish would disappear. I made my Sims cook several times before I suspected that this mod may have something to do with why my Sims could no longer eat a meal they made. After quiting my game, removing this file, and reloading, I had my Sims prepare a meal and the dish did not disappear, allowing my Sims to eat the food they cooked. :hippy:
Field Researcher
#58 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 3:40 PM
terriecason - I had this problem to.
#59 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 3:42 PM
retyrtyrtyrty
Test Subject
#60 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 8:27 PM
hey, it doesnt work with OFB. When the sims make food it disapears and they cant eat it. u have to order food in all the time.
Test Subject
#61 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 3:56 AM
shorty943 again,
I noticed after installing this hack, My sims did not even get to leave the stove before plate, food all disapeared instantly. Of course with some 3500-4000 custom objects it could be a crazy interaction with another hack. But I thought you should know of this little bug.
keep up the good work and be good to your mother. regards.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 1st Apr 2006 at 5:57 PM
You're wonderful! Absolutely wonderful! Thanks for all of the time and effort that you put into making this hack. Much appreciated! :D
Test Subject
#63 Old 1st Apr 2006 at 7:33 PM
I had an issue where the Sim picked up the meal they had made and it disappeared!
Test Subject
#64 Old 1st Apr 2006 at 10:23 PM
Woofdreamer
i had the same problem,
if you have OFB installed, you should remove this mod cause it conflictes with it,
i removed the hack and now it works fine.

Cathair2005
Oh please pretty please update your wonderful hacks they are the best!!!

Game tip: inorder to delete an object that can't be deleted even with the ''move_objects on'' cheat like:''plates or homeworks..etc'' put it on a table then delete the table using ''move_objects on''.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#65 Old 2nd Apr 2006 at 8:40 AM
had a new family on a lot and when it came time to eat they could not keep the plates. If they made the food, when they finished the plate would disappear.
====
The same issue. I have to leave it back

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Test Subject
#66 Old 3rd Apr 2006 at 10:05 PM
Yeah, I downloaded this and I know you spent a really long time on this, but I have to delete it because, my sims spend the time making the food, but when they go to eat it, it disappears! So I just wanted to tell you that, and sorry if anyone already posted this bug, but I just wanted to tell you!

(())Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\has died, been cured, or is living with cancer.
Test Subject
#67 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 9:39 AM
Gah! Stuff disappears before my sims can eat it.... oh, it's happening to everyone else. *wheew*

Ah, well. *removes file from game* I don't really mind if food is left on the plate all that much. n.n
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#68 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 4:19 PM
I don't really mind if food is left on the plate all that much
===
Yeah that is better than no food at all.

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Test Subject
#69 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 6:07 PM
Well first of all Thank You for Your hard work....your foods are Great!
I tried the patch, but after installing Sims would start cooking, then stop and all woud dissapear............after I took it out it all went back to normal.
I have sims2 and University.

Thanks again
Barb
Test Subject
#70 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 5:24 PM
I downloaded this file but then found out that every time my sims cooked something it disappeared. I don't know if its just my game but after I took the file out of my downloads it didn't happen again.
Test Subject
#71 Old 24th Apr 2006 at 12:20 AM Last edited by Jeny1993 : 24th Apr 2006 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Conflict already adressed
Thank you for all your hard work on this mod but I was just wondering if you could try to make this mod compatibal for OFB.If not that's alright I understand,oh yeah and keep up the wonderful work
Test Subject
#72 Old 24th Apr 2006 at 5:56 AM
I also would like to see this compatible for OFB. I only hope you still have the will to continue on with it .

Untill The End of Us All.....
Forum Resident
#73 Old 4th May 2006 at 4:54 AM
Yeah, Cathair. I'm really sorry I have to bring this bad news to your attention as well, but the food does disappear into the sim's hand when they go for it. But, I should say I really do appreciate the effort and selflessness of spending 7 hours on it. Thank you for that. You really mean well. I wish you luck on getting it fixed! Sorry this happened.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 4th May 2006 at 12:03 PM
Uhm hey! I love this hack, the problem is whenever I try my sim to make dinner, it either makes the dinner and then the plate disappears rightafter or plainly puts it in the tablle but wouldn't eat it. I don't know if it because it conflicts with the other hacks, I'll check on it and see if there are any corrections if I deleted some of the hacks. And by the way, thanks a lot, plenty of simmers out there have been waiting for this. I sure am one of them;p

To all those interested in Draco and Hermione fics, please visit this site and leave a little review http://www.fanfiction.net/~hellish
Test Subject
#75 Old 5th May 2006 at 10:51 PM
well.. I guess I'm not the only one with this problem..I noticed that whenever serves any food it will dissapear...even when my kid makes food in the little toy oven...it happens to all foods including normal game ones. and if you have some food already in thier inventory they wont be able to eat it...the eat or grab a plate command isn't on it.
Page 3 of 5