Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Natural Beauty: Idolatry of Flesh Redux

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 2nd Aug 2008 at 10:28 PM

144 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 132 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Scholar
#26 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 6:46 AM
A master piece ! and a beautiful presentation. at the hiding plant system.

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Field Researcher
#27 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 7:04 AM
WOW prettyful skins, these are gorgeous HystericalParoxysm! thank you! :D

=^.^= Treacherous Kitten =^.^=

*Life is like a box of chocolates, sometimes it's squidgy & sometimes it's nuts, most of the time it's nuts*
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 8:53 AM
Oh no, not more skins... XD Hee, my downloads folder is creaking already. I've got to try these out, the tones and new faces are lovely and may be just what I need to give my current blended defaults a little more flex, something I wanted but didn't want to spend more time making skins on.

I also found your previous skins too 'orangey'--to me, it was that they were oversaturated. I used the tan for a blending base and found that when I set saturation to -10 (perhaps -20? It's been a while) in HSV, instead of looking like tan-outta-a-bottle it was much closer to a 'real' tan (for a particular ethnic group, at any rate).

Enough out of me, time to try these out in game...
Test Subject
#29 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 9:37 AM
Personally, I liked your other skintones, they are very versatile for 'blending' with other skintones especially the darker ones. I can't wait try these out, I'm especially interested the the face textures :D
Test Subject
#30 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 10:09 AM
HP, I adore your skintones! They are so beautiful! Thanks for sharing them with us!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 10:52 AM
Thanks, it looks better then your older Idolatry of Flesh skintone set, I like it very much!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 11:09 AM
Okay, y'know, the being insulting toward my previous skins I'm not liking at all. They were a little too orangey - I still use them as my defaults and use them on most of my skins. I wanted to make a bigger set with different tones - in looking at the others I realized that most people actually ARE pretty saturated and most of the pics I used for the faces I had to desaturate a lot to make them work. I don't expect people to kiss my ass but damn, I worked for a year on those previous skins and I still like them.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#33 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 11:29 AM
Well - I liked the old skins. Still do. And I also like these ones.

Jeez, people, she's not making you pay for them, and she obviously worked really hard on them. At the risk of sounding cliched, if you don't have anything nice to say...

Sheer wonder, baby.

Instructor
#34 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 11:33 AM
Well, I don't know about the others, but your previous skintone set is my favourite of all time. And more shades of them, it's more than I can ask for. Thank you very much!

*runs to Bodyshop to check them now.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 12:49 PM
thanks, these are lovely, my fav is the blush skintone
Field Researcher
#36 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 1:26 PM
Oh, thank you! I love these skins, and I love your old ones too (I use them as defaults)!
Very nice!
Alchemist
#37 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 1:31 PM
I love these skins and the screenshots are simply beautiful! Thanks,
Instructor
#38 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 1:49 PM
hey HP I love those first skins myself. I don't care what anyone say they are some of my fave. I loved the darks one to. I didn't give a crap about the face or not. These I will be adding to my collections. when I saw it I was like "YES! more skins by HP". can't wait to check them out.
Test Subject
#39 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 2:43 PM
Hi!
I'm still using your idolatory defaults and just the other day I thougt I could youse some new defaults and, well: tadaaa!

Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
* Nipples on females, barbie below the waist.

Since defaults have already been announced I figure now if you're gonna make non-barbie versions, too? I'm almost certain you will, but nobody has asked before ...

Thanks in advance!

O.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Okay, y'know, the being insulting toward my previous skins I'm not liking at all. They were a little too orangey - I still use them as my defaults and use them on most of my skins. I wanted to make a bigger set with different tones - in looking at the others I realized that most people actually ARE pretty saturated and most of the pics I used for the faces I had to desaturate a lot to make them work. I don't expect people to kiss my ass but damn, I worked for a year on those previous skins and I still like them.

Oh no! I didnt meant it that way! I like your older skinset very much! I just said it looks better but the older skinset was also good! I'm just said its and Impovement for your older skinset, I'm sorry you misunderstood me!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 3:48 PM
Beautiful skinset! I love your previous set and this one add so much to it, thank you so much for all your work.
Any chance for a geneticized set?

"It's not true that life is one damn thing after another; it is one damn thing over and over"
Instructor
#42 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 4:04 PM
I love you!....in non romantic girly to girl way just in case anyone...
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 4:33 PM
HP, I was merely giving you feedback, not sniping. I wouldn't have used the original Idolatry skins for blending if they were bad.

If I were actually being mean, you wouldn't be able to help but tell.
Test Subject
#44 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 5:20 PM
I love them! Great to find some skintones that aren't TOO un-sim-like and even better that they don't look all oiled up like they're about to shoot for Maxim! Hurray! Some more manly men in game, and boys that should be wearing shorts not dresses =D

Fantastic Job HystericalParoxysm!! Even the fact that asian skintones are included in the pack, and more yellowy or rosey. perrrfect!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 5:57 PM
I really love the color differences on these; people of the same skin lightness don't all have pink-hued skin IRL so it's great to see someone considering that. Also I've always liked the mottled, matte look of your skins because they're a lot more realistic that way, so I'm glad you kept that. Overall, thank you for a great new skinset!
Scholar
#46 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 6:16 PM
These are nice The pale ones are particularly lovely looking. Much improved colouring/tones then the previous set. Thank you HP
Field Researcher
#47 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 6:17 PM Last edited by Vera Marina : 3rd Aug 2008 at 7:00 PM.
Wow! The fact that the faces are different from each other is amazing to me!
Very cool idea and give us hundres of possibilities...It will be really fun to see how the sim's face changes in a way we can't preview every time we'll change the skin tone, considering it is the same set! All the others skin sets only changes the skin colour, mostly...
Very clever !
Love the "spicy" presentation also, lol...cool place to kill sometime in a good company, lol...may I have the address ?

You know the way it twists and turns,changing colour,spining yarns
You know the way it leaves you dry, It cuts you up, it takes you high
You know the way it throws about,It takes you in and spits you out
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 6:43 PM
I can really see where the effort has gone into these skins. Thanks for taking so much time. If my computer could handle such a huge set i'd get them all, but as it is i'm only nabbing a couple.
Just the one question... are eyebrows included on the skin? It's because I'm personally not a fan of that as I ALWAYS want to put a different hair colour to the colour of the eyebrows! Anyway, thank you again.

if you ask me what im thinking.... the answer is always the same.

girl with a one track mind over here.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 8:29 PM
Sorry if I was misunderstood, HP, I really like your previous skins, but for me these are an improvement!

Need to bin the hair you create? To geneticize your eyeset or skinset? so PM me!:)
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 9:44 PM
HP fan here! Have a question, will non-Barbies be available on SS2?
Page 2 of 6