Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#1676 Old 12th Dec 2023 at 11:03 PM
Children, please be nice! We can all have different opinions and post what the heck we like without insulting each other.

I really love that Paralives looks very different to the other forthcoming lifesim games, even if it's not my favourite look. It gives lots of choice to the players when deciding upon which game to buy, no?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1677 Old 12th Dec 2023 at 11:26 PM
Right now Paralives is my top choice. They've even made some adjustments that I quite like. The important part is that their character creator is very customizable and they already have integrated mod support. I doubt I'll need mods to make them look too different since I tend to be a "maxis match" type of person (I don't change/overhaul games too much from their original design, just tweak it). I'm glad Paralives didn't try and go into a super realistic or alpha direction because they could've fallen into the uncanny valley trap or increased their dev time tenfold trying to make more realistic people... realistic. When you lean a little more into the toony side of things, your characters are allowed to move weird or do seemingly inhuman antics. You don't have to do as much mocapping, you don't have to worry as much about awkward lighting, the clothes and hair don't have to look as convincing etc etc.

As an indie team of 10 people, I honestly think the style they've chosen fit within their limitations and is the most bang for all the patron's buck. The Day Before just gave the internet yet another demonstration that expecting a smaller team to poop out super hi-def looking game is foolish. (But that's what Inzoi is for, which is not being made by an indie company unlike Paralives)

Anyway, we kinda have the best of both worlds going on here. There are dozens of lifesims potentially coming around when there used to be one. For each new one that pops up, more people will split off and get comfortable with the game that suits their needs best.

I don't know why anyone is still fighting about this. If one of the games doesn't suit your fancy you don't have to like it or pay attention to it, there are other equally interesting options now. I'll probably be getting Life by You in early access to give feedback since it is so similar to Sims 3, the Sims game I play most at this point (though I haven't played Sims 3 in a while, I have a weird color banding issue I can't fix). And then, Paralives whenever that comes. Hopefully sooner than later~
Theorist
#1678 Old 12th Dec 2023 at 11:48 PM
Paralives is my top choice too even though I don't particularly like the art style. They seem to be focusing on improving familiar gameplay systems from the Sims (i.e. making a "better" Sims) which I appreciate. inZoi looks amazing but I don't know if it's a game I want to play. LBY looks like ass and I don't know if it's a game I want to play either but I absolutely love that there's 3 new games being developed right now that I'm interesting in.
Mad Poster
#1679 Old 13th Dec 2023 at 12:05 AM
It is good that there will be options and we can choose where our interest lies? We will need more info. about all of them and then can decide at release which ones to try?
Mad Poster
#1680 Old 13th Dec 2023 at 12:10 AM
If all three make the final cut, we will get to choose what we prefer to play

For me, paralives reminiscenses the charm of TS2, while the other two have TS3 here and there LBY might flock in TS3 players, but also being a mod creating program (maybe throws in body shop and CAW equivalent), while inZoi is something we all wanted from TS4 or TS5 to be like (a GTA 5 like environment and “Sims”) It be like getting all three sequals of The Sims again and others get to choose what to play and complain/compare what each one don’t have from one another and suck at

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#1681 Old 13th Dec 2023 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
If all three make the final cut, we will get to choose what we prefer to play

For me, paralives reminiscenses the charm of TS2, while the other two have TS3 here and there LBY might flock in TS3 players, but also being a mod creating program (maybe throws in body shop and CAW equivalent), while inZoi is something we all wanted from TS4 or TS5 to be like (a GTA 5 like environment and “Sims”) It be like getting all three sequals of The Sims again and others get to choose what to play and complain/compare what each one don’t have from one another and suck at

Yep! And there is no reason we cannot try/play more than one. And we will want what we like all to be in one game of course! And that ain't gonna happen!
Theorist
#1682 Old 13th Dec 2023 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
And so why is it OK to you that Naus says they are weird and do not look human, eh? He has a problem with how they look also and says would need to get past that. UM...............

It is OK to me because I have only been browsing this thread for a day (since I was here last) and I saw on that page alone:
Oh yikes that all looks horrible to me

even the shadows are a mess

skin details is IMO awful

I think the Para are awful and I will not get the game because of them

They will lose some sales due to them

weird non human looking IMO fugly cartoons

Versus
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
I don't mind the cartoonish look, but the proportions ARE weird. They don't look like humans.

I'm not trying to attack you, My last message came out a LOT more aggressive than I intended upon hitting reply. That's my bad. It just feels like you are going very hard in the paint in a way that you used to be critical of others fort doing.
Mad Poster
#1683 Old 13th Dec 2023 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
It is OK to me because I have only been browsing this thread for a day and I see on this page alone:

Would you like to cite all the negative posts and threads on this site about 4 and EA also? And ones about the other games in development? And all the past versions of the game? And bother to look at all my posts since I have been on this site? You are barking up the wrong tree and totally wasting your time.
Theorist
#1684 Old 13th Dec 2023 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Children, please be nice! We can all have different opinions and post what the heck we like without insulting each other.

I really love that Paralives looks very different to the other forthcoming lifesim games, even if it's not my favourite look. It gives lots of choice to the players when deciding upon which game to buy, no?

Sorry, you're right, of course. I had replied directly from the notifications screen and did not see your call for nuclear non-proliferation. I'll be a good boy

I'm looking forward to Paralives, personally. The aesthetic is such a vibe. I think the proportions are fairly realistic to me, Sims 4 sims look like stringbeans imo, even the bulky/beefy ones, but then again, I am a hermit who does not know what real people look like anymore. The atmosphere feels cozy and I adore the hand-painted look of the face textures, with all the lines and wrinkles that let you know "this is a painting of person, not a plastic doll"
Mad Poster
#1685 Old 13th Dec 2023 at 5:49 AM
I'm looking forward to Paralives, personally.

And there is nothing wrong with that, and as simsample says, it is nice that we have so many choices in the wind.
Top Secret Researcher
#1686 Old 14th Dec 2023 at 5:09 PM
Toilet cleaning animation
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/eP96il8R_S4
Theorist
#1687 Old 16th Dec 2023 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Toilet cleaning animation
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/eP96il8R_S4

OH MY GOD, not only are they holding an actual toilet brush, and using it in the actual toilet, you can actually see the dirt fading. This is Sims 2 level detail. Finally, the spiritual successor to The Sims 2 that we deserved.
I never thought I would be in love with the sight of someone cleaning a toilet.

Although, they did forget the last part where you swish the brush around in the water as you flush to rinse it out. Who just taps it on the side of the toilet with all that gunk stuck in there and calls it a day?
U N S A N I T A R Y :')
Mad Poster
#1688 Old 16th Dec 2023 at 7:25 PM
Although, they did forget the last part where you swish the brush around in the water as you flush to rinse it out. Who just taps it on the side of the toilet with all that gunk stuck in there and calls it a day?

I always tap but then rinse out in sink and not in dirty water in toilet. So person who did animations must do that way also. It is nice that the process has so much detail.

Actually have the thing with the disposables that we just flush and use that at this location. :D
Top Secret Researcher
#1689 Old 16th Dec 2023 at 7:54 PM
OH MY GOD, not only are they holding an actual toilet brush, and using it in the actual toilet, you can actually see the dirt fading. This is Sims 2 level detail. Finally, the spiritual successor to The Sims 2 that we deserved.

I also love the attention to detail. Now, there was some initial clipping of one foot but overall, I'm quite happy how things look.
Theorist
#1690 Old 16th Dec 2023 at 11:19 PM
I always tap but then rinse out in sink and not in dirty water in toilet.

But the water that drains into the toilet when you flush IS clean
also... THE SINK?!?!?! forgive me, but I think you accidentally have your sinks tagged incorrectly because I'm washing my hands in your kitchen
Mad Poster
#1691 Old 17th Dec 2023 at 3:21 AM
But the water that drains into the toilet when you flush IS clean

But it ain't clean until flushed and not while doing. Anyway, Para are safe no matter what.
Smeg Head
#1692 Old 17th Dec 2023 at 9:31 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 17th Dec 2023 at 9:55 AM.

Might be a Para with recycling/conservationist/green traits so will not waste the water needlessly. If the next Para to use the toilet will do so standing, to empty their bladder, then they just mix the grimy water with their own body waste before flushing. The world and the eco system saved that little bit more through water conservation. Every little helps. If the next user is one who needs to sit, to proverbially "drop the kids off at the pool," so they would need to flush away the grimy water first to prevent any filthy splashbacks hitting them square on the... how did queen Lizzy II once put it, "annus horibilis." I suppose that's an acceptable wasting of water, even for those super green eco-loving folks.

Those toilet splashbacks somehow have a miraculous dead-eye aim. Better than Star Wars Stormtroopers.

Voice heard coming from toilet, "hey, honey, I didn't realize we had a bidet installed. But ain't it supposed to clean up when you've finished, not during? I still got a few more loaves to pinch off here, but now I'm all wet." Miraculous aim, indeed.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#1693 Old 17th Dec 2023 at 12:15 PM
I always tap but then rinse out in sink

Inventor
#1694 Old 18th Dec 2023 at 2:39 PM
I still have faith the Paralives Team will deliver a good game. There's a certain level of polish they're aiming for that I appreciate, and they've kept the scope of the game within the limitations of their budget and team.

I feel like other games in the genre like "Life By You" are making a terrible mistake by adding waaaaaay too many features, and they don't really have the resources to polish those features.

As for the most contentious topic, the look of the Paras, I feel like they've improved a bit:

The proportions seem better and the art style appears to be more polished. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if they polish it really well, most people will be fine with it.
Mad Poster
#1695 Old 18th Dec 2023 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample

OH do not panic everyone. LOL. I use a brush at a house where I have spent maybe 10 days this year. I use a wand here with the flushables. That is what the Para should use. :D
Lab Assistant
#1696 Old 18th Dec 2023 at 5:27 PM
I really like the Paras because they look so alive even when they are not moving. Also, the skin texture has been improved, but I am not going to say anything more because that post on their Patreon page is behind a paywall.

I also have a feeling that this game will blend good with alpha cc, unlike TS4.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#1697 Old 18th Dec 2023 at 7:34 PM
OH do not panic everyone. LOL. I use a brush at a house where I have spent maybe 10 days this year.

Visit the parents, pollute their sinks with poop, then go home! Nice one. (I'm just teasing you, please don't take me seriously! )
Field Researcher
#1698 Old 21st Dec 2023 at 4:10 PM
Today's post was the skin texture adjustments mentioned earlier

https://twitter.com/ParalivesGame/s...62994187407502/
Mad Poster
#1699 Old 21st Dec 2023 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kirabook
Today's post was the skin texture adjustments mentioned earlier

TINY bit better but still a long way to go IMO. It is good that they are listening to the feedback that enough people think the Para need work that they are making at least a few very minor changes so far.
Lab Assistant
#1700 Old 10th Jan 2024 at 8:39 PM
Is the Paralives team making enough money?

I really hope this game comes out. I was a member for one month and everything that I saw about the game is so interesting and new.
Page 68 of 73