Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#751 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 10:44 PM
Random question: what kind of cats and dogs, if any, do people think would work best for each of the Widespot families? Do you see a particular family as "cat people" or "dog people", or have any particular breeds in mind for particular families (or individual sims - perhaps one sim from a family loves Labradors and everyone else can't stand dogs?)? I would also be interested in what cats and dogs, if any, people think would work well for Peni's County family, who feature in Meadow Creek, if anyone has ever played them. I always recreate them so that they can live in Widespot instead. Oh, and the Ottomai!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#752 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 6:41 PM
I give "farm" families a good, smart working dog, like a collie or shepherd. But poor, dirty, stupid Sims only adopt stray dogs; the big, dirty, bitey ones. Upper-crust families get beautiful, well behaved cats. I never let them get a pet just because they randomly roll a want for one. That play-boy doesn't REALLY want a puppy - maybe I'll just let one of his girl-friends leave him with a "woops" baby...serve him right. The only pets that work (how many do YOU know?!) are pure bred (show business?). If a really lower-class family want to pay attention to, and train, their big dog, AND they are really poor, their big dog could get a job in security.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#753 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 3:37 AM
Well, obviously Rich Mann has a pampered, snow-white cat.

grammapat, all the working dogs I personally know/knew are service dogs. Who all live with the person they work for, because how else would they do their job? I basically don't use the pet careers, unless it's a challenge that requires them.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
#754 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Random question: what kind of cats and dogs, if any, do people think would work best for each of the Widespot families? Do you see a particular family as "cat people" or "dog people", or have any particular breeds in mind for particular families (or individual sims - perhaps one sim from a family loves Labradors and everyone else can't stand dogs?)? I would also be interested in what cats and dogs, if any, people think would work well for Peni's County family, who feature in Meadow Creek, if anyone has ever played them. I always recreate them so that they can live in Widespot instead. Oh, and the Ottomai!

A bit of a late reply, but, in my mind: Lands and Beeches are dog people (big dogs for Lands, small ones for Beeches), Weisses and Harts are cat people. Manns are a difficult one - I think Rich was more of a cat person (but my Rich never had a cat), but his adopted son, Aden, is definitely a dog person. Junior's not really bothered either way. None of my Ottomai have ever had a pet, but if they did, I think they'd need both - it fits in with their chaos.

And Woody Weiss is the cattiest cat person who's ever lived! At one point he had six!

♫Cuz I don't have a home in this life, I have to roam. Got nowhere to lay my head, so I'll follow you instead, and set my gaze on the place I'm going to. Til then I'm homeless, but I'll roam with you...♫

My Simblr: http://natteryaktoad.tumblr.com
Alchemist
#755 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 2:35 PM
My pets are as random as the rest of my game. It's all inspired by random events in the game or issues that crop up in the way I play.

In the game, if sims roll a want or a stray happens by that seems interesting, I follow up and do what I can to let them choose and develop relationships.

As for how I play, at one point, I "got rid" of a lot of townies in Widespot by changing them to downtownies where there's no downtown attached.

In this case, though, one of the family bin sims (Cyd Roseland, now Cydney Rose, and Porthos) that I had planned to downtownify had a pet. I liked the idea of the sims wandering off "somewhere" on their own, but it didn't sit right with me to send the poor dog off on his own, so those two joined the community (turns out he's an old college chum of Nathan Gavigan and he's now joined the family in a poly relationship and Mary isn't sure which of them is the father...).

Anywho, these sims I had no intention of playing became important to the story in Widespot, because there was a random game-supplied dog that I didn't want to throw into the ether alone and the Gavigans were boring me.
Mad Poster
#756 Old 3rd Jan 2019 at 2:38 AM Last edited by lauratje86 : 3rd Jan 2019 at 6:50 AM.
So, I'm back again, still playing about with my Widespot head-canon. I have been wondering about maiden names for some of the Widespot sims, and I have also been coming up with parents/siblings for some of the older Widespotians :-) So far I have the following:

Daytona Beech has never been married, so Beech is her maiden name. Her parents' names were Lytham & Anne Beech. Hamilton's father was Basil Oldie (the older brother of Pleasantview's Herb Oldie), and Mary-Sue Pleasant and Tara Kat are Hamilton's half-sisters. Sandy Beech's maiden name is Shores. Her parents' names were Gulf & Adelaide Shores, and she has two brothers; Ephraim (older) and Lincoln (younger). Adelaide's maiden name was River. Sandy grew up in Widespot, but her brothers moved away when their parents had both died. The Shores household used to own the General Store, which they sold to Rich Mann when he moved to the area.

Valentine Hart was an only child, and his parents' names were Lion and Lotta Hart. His mother's maiden name was Love, and Demi Love (Pleasantview police officer NPC) & Sarah Love (from La Fiesta Tech) - I head-canon Demi & Sarah as sisters - are his first cousins once removed. Angel Hart's maiden name was Falls. Her parents' names were Fergus & Niagara Falls, and she has two younger siblings; a brother, Rock, and a sister, Wichita. Val grew up in Bigg City and Angel grew up in Belladonna Cove.

Homer Land's parents were Basuto & Naga Land. Beulah Land's maiden name was Hill. Her parents' names were Knapton & Beverly Hill, and she has three older sisters; Caitha, Churia and Coultra. Homer & Beulah both grew up in Bigg City and moved to Widespot when they eloped to get married against their parents' wishes.

Rich & Lana Mann were both only children. Rich's parents were Hench & Tilla Mann. Lana Mann's maiden name was Lakes. Her parents' names were Franklin & Kawartha Lakes. They both grew up in Bigg City and lived there until recently.

Skye Weiss's parents were Oldan & Adele Weiss. They died in a garden fire when he was still a teenager, and he lived on his own for four days before selling their family home, which was in Riverblossom Hills, and moving to university.

In my game I also make a CAS family for Sadie Wilkie (the cashier) and made her playable. I am considering changing her surname to Hawke for my next version of Widespot. In that case her parents would be called Chi-Leanne & Cooper Hawke, and Chi-Leanne's maiden name would've been Pidgeon. Cooper's parents' names were Rufus & Savannah Hawke, and he had an older brother named Black. Chi-Leanne's parents' names were King & Pink Pidgeon. Both of their families lived in Bigg City.

**ETA** Has anyone else come up with extended families, backstories etc for the Widespotians? I would love to read about them! :-)
Mad Poster
#757 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 5:55 PM
Apologies for double posting! I am a terrible person, clearly :-)

I have recently been looking into Hexagonal-Bipiramid's 3t2 Traits System and I was wondering if anyone else was planning on assigning traits to the Widespot sims? Does anyone have any ideas regarding which traits would be appropriate for different Widespot sims? As mods utilising the traits system are still in the process of being created/released it's impossible to know exactly what effects each trait will have on the game, but I still think that it's interesting to think about! :-)

There is a list of traits here. I think that it includes all of the TS3 (non-hidden) traits.
Mad Poster
#758 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 7:51 PM
I've played Widespot so many times...I just love it. It's what made me decide the "usual" faces were boring, and a bit of bork is interesting. I've forgotten names right now, but the son of the rich couple considers himself Romantic, but he's really a stupid, self-centered jerk. He'll never leave home. He's the guy that made me want to download a hack that causes child support. Then there is the pregnant Land; she's smart and quite conservative, but gullible (she was SURE the man was going to marry her - he never does). And boy did I have fun with the names! I've made lots of families that follow that sort of naming: sounding like real names, but funny. Fox Hunter, Kareem and Jack Cheese, Sugar Cookie, Stan and Helen Back.

Mad Poster
#759 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Apologies for double posting! I am a terrible person, clearly :-)

I think you can be forgiven since it's been over a month!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#760 Old 19th Apr 2019 at 2:35 AM
Junior and Candy Mann would like to announce the birth of quadruplets, Richard Mann III (aka Little), Fancy, Frida, and Fyre.

Little Mann has his daddy's hair, eyes, and skin tone, with his three sisters showing maternal influence. Pics to follow in a few sim days when they grow up enough to show some features.

I know Peni's offline just now, but I remember her making a pleasure family (I think two sisters) for her own Widespot, and would anyone happen to remember if she did or didn't share them anywhere?

Mad Poster
#761 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 7:24 PM
I haven't. I could. But I just got back and it'll take me awhile.
Going through life called Little Mann...I feel sorry for that boy already!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#762 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 11:32 AM
Hi again!

I had some trouble with my game a while back, which took some time to fix, and when I got it to work again I was feeling cut off from my existing 'hoods, so I did what I usually do in that situation - start a new one. (It tends to get me back in the mood and then I want to get back to my old 'hoods as well.) This new one is combined of Bluewater Village, Pleasantview, Strangetown, Widespot, and Academie Le Tour. Now that I've played a few days/rounds, I'm about to add in Downtown as well.

Progress report on Widespot sims:

As for the other sub-hoods:

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#763 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 6:50 PM
Dixie Land and Hugh Knowe, as a couple, are kind of surprising me. I wouldn't normally see Fortune and Knowledge sims together, but it was Dixie's idea. We'll see if it lasts through college. Beulah and Homer are going to like Hugh, I'm sure. Especially if he's willing to move to Widespot.

This setup has the Widespot families, the Fox sisters, the LGU sims, and the LGU parents with some assorted little CAS-made siblings. So far the only parents who've decided they need more kids are the Wheels, and they're expecting twins. Virginia Beach and Scot Land are an item, but Ginny has a very big crush on Junior Mann. Ima and Ura Fox both got their first woohoos with Valentine Hart, who, yes, is married to Mary, with twins, which encounters left Ima also expecting twins. Candy and Junior had a little boy, and Penny and Rhett a little girl. If Rhett would stop cheating at chess he'd get along better with Skye. Sandy and Daytona autonomously played chess until they were friends (again!) and decided they could work together, in honor of which Sandy redid the kitchen in cool blues, and Hamilton, left reeling by the sudden political alliance between his mother and wife, has managed to reconcile with Sandy. Sandy's son, Leif, has black hair, mid-tone skin, and blue eyes, so the possibility of passing him off as Hamilton's is there. Maybe.
Rocky and River both grew up into knowledge teens.
Cash Notes has made it to one promotion from unseating Rich Mann as Criminal Mastermind, and when he gets it, if he gets it (some nasty chance cards in that career) I will make Rich finally retire. The two are friends, anyway, and so you know, if Junior's little thing with Candy just doesn't work, the Notes twins are both in high school, and Melody or Harmony would probably get on fine with Junior. Though little Daddy's Girl Paige, still a child, is definitely Cash's intended heir. Cliff may have a little trouble explaining that he's going to be a doctor for the mob to Sara, but he's going to cross that bridge . . . . later. Like after the wedding, later. If Junior ever figures out Rich's career, which he's working in Intelligence, so he just might be a mole, he probably won't object at all to letting Cash handle it.

Mad Poster
#764 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 6:48 PM
Gee, I haven't played this hood in a while (I've played it at least 3 times, sometimes with subhoods). I'm bored with the 7 hoods I'm now playing, but think I'll start this hood again (Penny makes my FAV faces!)

Alchemist
#765 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 7:28 PM
@Peni Griffin, I feel like this belongs in stupid questions, but which terrain is Widespot built on? And... if I weren't into asking stupid questions, how would I be able to find out from looking at it in SimPE or whatever?

EDIT: Oh! Nevermind! It's Sedona. You say so in the description. But if you didn't, how would I know?
Mad Poster
#766 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 10:06 PM
I'm afraid I have no idea how you'd know! Visual comparison, I suppose.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#767 Old 8th Sep 2019 at 11:23 PM
Lab Assistant
#768 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 3:36 AM
I just started playing this hood combined with Emerald Heights (as the Downtown) and Land Grant University. I haven't played much so far, but here's a small update on what has currently happened:

The Harts
Valentine met and went on a date with Cola Panoski, who he's added to his woohoo score. Candy gave birth to a daughter named Nayely, and she got a job in the Cosmetology career. Rhett got a job in the Mortician career, booty called Penny, and then asked her to go steady. Goldie met a few teens online but had a big crush on Delaney Wentworth. She and Delaney had a dream date, and she's hoping he'll ask her to go steady soon.

The Weisses
Nothing much happened apart from Penny giving birth to little Clayton Weiss. She also had Rhett over for some fun and fell pregnant again.

The Lands
Dixie went straight off to college and moved into Dormitory 3. Mary gave birth to a daughter, Joelle Land, and managed to get Junior to go steady with her. River aged up into a family sim.

The Manns
Junior invited Mary over to propose. They married and she and Joelle moved in. Joelle became a cute toddler, and Mary fell pregnant again. Junior and Mary both got jobs so they can fulfil their LTWs; Junior is in Entertainment, and Mary is in Culinary.

I'm still finishing up the Mann's round before moving on to the Beech family and then Emerald Heights. I'm very excited to see how it all pans out though.

Call me Hannah
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#769 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 7:20 PM
To Hamilton and Sandy Beech, boy/girl twins Malibu and Venice.
To Ura Fox and Rhett Hart, boy, Rhett Fox.
To Ima Fox and Valentine Hart, boy/girl twins Kit and Sylvia.

Richard Mann III grew up well, is dotted on by the four adults in his life, and expected to achieve great things. (Probably the best bathtub pirate ever, but only Rich is likely to be disappointed with that ambition.) Both Rich and Lana would like more grandbabies, but neither Candy nor Junior want a baby, and with neither of them rolling the want, it'll only happen by risky woohoo, if it happens.

Arden and Joy Hart (Valentine and Mary's twins) are very happy toddlers and Mary is expecting again. Both parents are happy about this, and Valentine has rolled the ten kids want. (Well, he's got Candy, Rhett, Goldie, Arden, Joy, Kit, Sylvia, and twins on the way, and I have triplets/quads, so he may even get there.)
Leif Beech (Sandy and Rhett) is the most miserable toddler ever. Sandy is going to save her marriage, and paying attention to Leif has no place in that. (Rocky and Daytona do pay him some, but he doesn't want them! He wants Mom!) I had the wonderful moment of hearing the 'fall in love' music at III's birthday party, which in Widespot generally leaves to an "Oh, now, what did you go and do that for!" but this time it was Hamilton and Sandy in the hot tub, so that was quite all right.

Down in Bigg City, the Wheels added Rhonda and Fortuna to the family, and also have Daisy's son by Gerry Mander, Sal. They don't do well with kids until they can hold a conversation, but they're affluent enough to have a nanny and butler for the baby/toddler years. The Notes adopted Helen and Hi's twins, Sarabande and Minuet, and a game-generated baby Viola. The Knowes adopted a game generated child boy, Marshal. Paige Notes, Ian Gutenberg, and Linc Matrix all grew up well, though only the Gutenbergs and Notes threw parties--the Matrixes quite possibly didn't notice that Linc grew up. They're furious with Thea, who got pregnant when she snuck out with Woody Weiss. They also may not have noticed that Crystal is nearly due. (Rock will roll the occasional kid-related want, like Thea is an overachiever, but then Crystal asks him on another date and it rolls away. And since Crystal's pursuing 50 dream dates, they have average three a day. Between Dot dropping out of college and Thea not going, Rock isn't going to get his graduate three kids from college LTW, but he also isn't even friends with any of his kids, and he doesn't roll interaction wants for them.) Dot Matrix and Luis Iana welcomed baby Chris, and Thea plans to move in with them the moment she graduates.

Lab Assistant
#770 Old 2nd Oct 2019 at 1:47 AM
A small update as I just finished up the Mann and Beech rounds.

Mary gave birth to her and Junior's first child, a daughter they named Ocean, and quickly fell pregnant again.

Sandy found a job as an Estate Agent. Rocky grew up into a bisexual popularity sim. Sandy gave birth to her and Rhett's baby, which turned out to be surprise triplets! They welcomed two girls and a boy named Darcy, Vonda, and Hector. Virginia invited her friend Woody over and got her first kiss (they have two bolts together!). Daytona and Hamilton are just working.

Next I'll be playing with the Emerald Heights sims, starting with the Panoski sisters, and I'm excited to play them :D

Call me Hannah
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#771 Old 4th Oct 2019 at 6:24 PM
With audience of Cash and Grace Notes and Carol Bellum, Cliff proposed to Sara at the Gate Restaurant in Bigg City. With audience of Homer Land, Mary Hart, and Allie Knowe, Hugh proposed to Dixie at Sing for Your Supper.

I can't decide if the game summons relatives of people on dates deliberately, but all college student proposals on community lots have involved watching relatives. It's moderately creepy. I think it was a good thing my husband proposed in the car, honestly: my parents would've totally--especially Mom--acted like a sim and been there if they could've, and my in-laws, too!

Ida Juana and Andy both graduated, and will throw graduation parties and head back to Bigg City next rotation.

The sorority now consists of Helen Wheels, Sara Bellum, Dixie Land, Ginny Beech, Goldie Hart, with pledges Viola, Sadie, Harmony and Meolody (Notes twins) and Cassia (Bellum). The fraternity has Hi Thyme, Hugh Knowe, Cliff Notes, Scot Land, and pledges Woody and Wagner (Wheels). I may have a slight dearth of males in the college age range right now. The next round of teens aging up to YA is all female, but when I hit the current middle schoolers the sex ratio reverses, and only Delta and Paige (Notes) are females.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#772 Old 15th Oct 2019 at 4:46 AM
Are those Angel's eyes on Dyan? Did she have green eyes? Skye's are blue, right? Penny's are alien, and Rhett's are brown like Val's.

Oh, that's Dyan Hart, son of Rhett and Penny, and Launa Lee's younger brother, the newest baby in Widespot, born right smack at six am at the end of his household's rotation.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#773 Old 15th Oct 2019 at 6:26 AM
Yes, Angel's eyes were green! Hurray!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#774 Old 24th Oct 2019 at 7:26 PM
Appeal to people with facial recognition skills: Is there any Rhett in that face? Or is Leif basically a male clone of Sandy in terms of facial structure?

Daytona likes this kid, so much so that Leif sleeps in Ginny's old bed in Daytona's room-the toddler twins are in Ginny's old room. Rocky admits he's not bad for a little bother. Even Hamilton's coming around. Leif: sees someone at the chess board, rolls want to play chess. Smart little guy. He's also managed to meet and promptly roll wants to befriend his half-sister and Rich Mann III, and since I play by wants . . . but he doesn't roll wants for his mother anymore. Or for his little half-siblings in the house.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#775 Old 25th Oct 2019 at 4:48 AM
I'd need a close up to be sure. The skintone is Rhett's, certainly.

If there's Rhett there it'll show up a lot more when he hits puberty.

Page 31 of 32