Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 3:22 PM
Default Monique's Hacked Computer Loan
I hope it's the right place to ask, since I searched other thread but didn't find any.
Is there a way to change the interest rate of Monique's Hacked Computer Loan? I find it a bit too high. I know there is cyjon's Loan Jar, but I'd like to know if it's possible, maybe with Simpe.
I'm not a modder, though, so I can't figure out by myself.

Thank you in advance.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 5:58 PM
I'm sure you can in SimPE, but I forget which file to look in. I'm not on the computer that has the files.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 6:09 PM
It'll be one of the BCons - maybe check Monique's thread to see if she says which one.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 9:52 PM
Would make a lot of sense as a BCON, but it's not. Only the potion parts even have BCONs. It's somewhere in the BHAVs, but which package and which one I have yet to crack.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 9:53 PM
It's not just the interest rate there is also the whole problem of it charging your sim interest when you are playing another family and go to a community lot and the family with the loan shows up. Then you will get a pop up saying X family just added -amount to their loan.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 9:56 PM
Yeah. I use Cyjons loan jar instead because of the community lot problem, but that one does not have the ability to save money, and I think it's too frequent to charge interest daily.

At some point I intend to make an improved banking system based on the computer and the loan jar, with easier user control so you can decide how much interest and how often, but I'd need more consecutive time to look at it than my studies allow right now. One day though.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Would make a lot of sense as a BCON, but it's not. Only the potion parts even have BCONs. It's somewhere in the BHAVs, but which package and which one I have yet to crack.

Well bugger

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It's not just the interest rate there is also the whole problem of it charging your sim interest when you are playing another family and go to a community lot and the family with the loan shows up. Then you will get a pop up saying X family just added -amount to their loan.

Yeah, this too is a little bit annoying.
Anyways, I tried to search through the original thread but didn't find anything useful, unfortunately.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

On the other hand, it's nice when they get interest added to their bank account.

I've been using Cyjon's jar more as well, mainly because you don't have to send a Sim to the computer to get a loan.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 12:44 AM
Very few of my sims have bank accounts. I switched to the loan jar as well unless the loan is cheap. Up to about 10K the interest isn't too bad.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 1:22 AM
Well hold on to your hats, I am making progress. This thread made me want to take a look at it. It was ages since I last looked, and I've learned a lot since so I understand a lot more this time around. Already have a functioning version of the loan jar that lets you decide which days you want it to add interest, and I have a few ideas on how to make an alternative to Monique's computer for savings. May have something for you all in the not too distant future, we'll see

Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Well hold on to your hats, I am making progress. This thread made me want to take a look at it. It was ages since I last looked, and I've learned a lot since so I understand a lot more this time around. Already have a functioning version of the loan jar that lets you decide which days you want it to add interest, and I have a few ideas on how to make an alternative to Monique's computer for savings. May have something for you all in the not too distant future, we'll see

I'm glad! Keep us updated
Mad Poster
#13 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 10:25 PM
I'll be looking forward to anything you produce-there has to be an easier way to give loans out.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Mar 2020 at 3:20 PM
Hi - given that we're all now stuck in the house (blasted COVID), I thought I'd rediscover this game and my love for it (which I don't think ever properly died, and I hated Sims3+4!) and create an account on here... Anyway, I loved this mod and it was GREAT in adding realism to my game, always wondered how to change the interest rates though. Total noob when it comes to this sort of stuff though, so wondered if anyone had cracked what needed to be altered in order to change the rate of interest for bank accounts and loans (if possible?) TIA.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 24th Mar 2020 at 11:31 PM
@Xander-Reece I prefer Cyons loan jar if a sim needs a loan, it comes with interest as low as 1% you just set what you want. The way I view it is, it's another bank with much better loan repayment. Welcome back BTW.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#16 Old 25th Mar 2020 at 12:26 AM
I'm not skilled enough at reading bhavs to find it; if I had to guess, I'd think it'd be in one of the global bank files, not in the computer package file. Maybe @Radium will know? You can also try asking Radium on tumblr (https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/) as she's (?) more active there and is usually pretty good about answering questions about modding.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 25th Mar 2020 at 3:31 AM
After some hunting I found the "Interaction - Calculate Account" BHAVs in MQ_Computer_Global_Bank_Controller.package. Both of them have two lines saying "Local 0x0000 *= Literal 0x0006", lines 0x8 and 0x12, which appears to correspond to an interest rate of 6%. Try changing the 6 to whatever you want the interest rate to be.

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Alchemist
#18 Old 25th Mar 2020 at 3:57 AM
Thanks @Radium! (You always seem to have time to answer questions; as an anon who has asked you several things, I really appreciate it!)

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 25th Mar 2020 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by @Radium
After some hunting I found the "Interaction - Calculate Account" BHAVs in MQ_Computer_Global_Bank_Controller.package. Both of them have two lines saying "Local 0x0000 *= Literal 0x0006", lines 0x8 and 0x12, which appears to correspond to an interest rate of 6%. Try changing the 6 to whatever you want the interest rate to be.

It's not just the interest rate, it contains a bug where you are playing a sim on a community lot and you will get a pop up on another playable sim that you aren't currently playing saying their loan just got -X amount.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 25th Mar 2020 at 5:49 AM
Both the BHAVs I mentioned have a line saying "Set to Next (Stack Object ID, person)". After each of those make a new line reading Stack Object's family == current family (first is found in stack object's persondata, second is a global variable). Make the false target go back to the Set To Next primitive.

AKA Midge the Tree
Alchemist
#21 Old 25th Mar 2020 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Radium
Both the BHAVs I mentioned have a line saying "Set to Next (Stack Object ID, person)". After each of those make a new line reading Stack Object's family == current family (first is found in stack object's persondata, second is a global variable). Make the false target go back to the Set To Next primitive.

Okay, so if I understand this right, the true target of line 0x1, or [prim 0x001F] Set to Next (Stack Object ID, person), should point to the new line (0x25), [prim 0x0002] Expression (Stack Object's family number == Current Family), which should have a true target pointing to 2--which line 0x1 did before we changed it--and a false target pointing back to line 0x1?

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 25th Mar 2020 at 6:42 PM
Yep, that should do it

AKA Midge the Tree
Test Subject
#23 Old 25th Mar 2020 at 10:38 PM
I mean wow guys, thank you - this is all really helpful; I didn't expect any responses! Probably need to get myself familiarised with all this ie. BHAVS, adding new lines, primatve (or whatever lol?)... As I say - total noob!
Alchemist
#24 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Xander-Reece
I mean wow guys, thank you - this is all really helpful; I didn't expect any responses! Probably need to get myself familiarised with all this ie. BHAVS, adding new lines, primatve (or whatever lol?)... As I say - total noob!

I have to test--haven't been playing households much lately, just building, so hopefully I can do this rather quickly--but if it works, I'll write up a tutorial with pictures.

And don't worry about feeling like a noob; I still do. I musta stared at SimPE and Radium's posts for a good twenty minutes before I figured out I should probably change the primitive on the new line I cloned. It just takes practice. Which is why I wanna test my changes first and make sure I got it right. But otherwise, it's not so bad when you know what to look for/how to read what you're looking at.

I think the biggest drawback to SimPE is the lack of instructions on tools or how to approach modding. What I find is that most tutorials teach you how to do one specific thing, which is great but doesn't really tell you how to do something else. Couple that in with the fact that there seem to be multiple ways to design a mod, and things can get really complicated, more than they need to be. Add to that a modder's neatness level; some don't label things or leave in unnecessary things, etc. And the result is SimPE and modding seeming scary/super hard. Or at least it did to me. Does any of that make sense? Anyway, don't sweat it, you'll be able to do it!

Alchemist
#25 Old 11th Apr 2020 at 1:47 AM Last edited by Phantomknight : 21st Feb 2021 at 5:01 AM. Reason: Updates
Okay, so I haven't done extensive testing because I've been building more lately. But I was able to play a bit and the change to the interest seemed to work. Didn't visit a community lot, so don't know if that edit works. (I've been able to test some more and it does work; interest only increases for the current family.) But since it's been some time, I thought I would write up what I did with pictures so that others who might not be as familiar with SimPE can try it and test, too. Oh and thanks/all credit to @Radium--I am just reiterating her instructions with pictures, basically.

What File to Edit: All changes are made to the "MQ-Computer-Global-Bank-Controller.package" file.
(It's possible that I've changed the file name when cleaning up my folders, so be mindful of that if your file name doesn't match mine--I think the only difference should be underscores vs dashes).

Changing the Interest
There are two Interaction - Calculate Account BHAVs, "0x00001002 (4098) Interaction - Calculate Account" which is for bank deposit accounts and "0x00001003 (4099) Interaction - Calculate Account" which is for loans. You can change both, or just one, and they can be different rates.

Changes are made to two lines in each BHAV, line "0x8 (8): [prim 0x0002] Expression (Local 0x0000 *= Literal 0x0006)" and "0x12 (18): [prim 0x0002] Expression (Local 0x0000 *= Literal 0x0006)".

In each line, click on the Operands Pop Up Wizard (hammer and sickle button) and then change the 6 to whatever you want your interest rate to be. I changed mine to 2. Make your changes and Commit File.

Remember to make the changes to both BHAVs. Again, turns out that you can make changes to just one. Update "0x00001002 (4098) Interaction - Calculate Account" if you want to change the interest rate for bank deposit accounts and change "0x00001003 (4099) Interaction - Calculate Account" if you want to change the interest rate for loans.

Making Interest Affect Only the Current Family
We're still editing the exact same two BHAVs, only we're adding lines. Select line "0x1 (1): [prim 0x001F] Set to Next (Stack Object ID, person)", then select Add.

The new line is added to the bottom of the list as "0x25 (37)", but since we selected line "0x1" first, the new line is a copy of line "0x1". This is useful because the True Target and False Target are correct, but we have to change the OpCode. Change it to 0x0002 by typing in the box or selecting the triangle next to the OpCode box to bring up the dialog menu. You can sort by Primitives, then Values in the dialog box to find 0x0002 Expression.

Then click on the Operands Pop Up Wizard (hammer and sickle button) to change the rest of the line's info. In this dialog box, change the first drop down to "Stack Object's person data". The second box will change to a drop down list; select "family number". Change the third drop down to "==". Change the fourth drop down to "Global". The last box will change to a drop down, select "Current Family". Hit Okay. You can also Commit File. The new line should now say "0x25 (37): [prim 0x0002] Expression (Stack Object's family number == Current Family)".

Then finally, we have to make sure our new line gets read. So go back up to line "0x1 (1): [prim 0x001F] Set to Next (Stack Object ID, person)". Change the True Target to our new line by typing in 25 in the box. Commit File. The True Target should have updated to our new line (click on the blue number and it should take you to the line we added).

Anyway, that's it. Save with a new file name then test it. Let me know if I made any mistakes or if someone has questions, etc.

Oh, and since I often see the same questions about opening files, here's some tips for complete SimPE beginners:

ETA: Info on the two different bhavs. Thanks again to Radium/Midgethetree for figuring this stuff all out and to Gabby2805 for the question.

Page 1 of 2