Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 5:06 PM
Default How can I have my taskbar show on top while gameplay?
Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to make the taskbar show on top while playing the game. I use Windows 10. And launch the game using Sims 2 Launcher. Thanks advance.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 6:45 PM
I don't think so; when I play in window mode, usually the taskbar gets covered by the window screen. You could try looking in the Taskbar's properties to see if you can lock it to be on top, but I think you would have to reduce the size of the game window in order for that to happen. And you might not want that because it'll be a lower resolution.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Oct 2020 at 9:29 AM
Check to see if there's an option to "auto-hide" the taskbar. That way, you should still be able to make the taskbar pop up if you move the mouse to the bottom of the screen. I play with Windows 7 and don't know if Windows 10 still has this option.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Oct 2020 at 1:18 PM
Sorry for the late reply. Phantom the method you wrote doesn´t work but thaks for replying I appreciate it. Rox I am going to try your methode and see if it works.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Oct 2020 at 1:20 PM
Rox your method doesn´t work either but thanks for the reply.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Oct 2020 at 2:59 PM
Are you using Windowed mode? In my Windowed mode the taskbar shows at the bottom. Make sure you haven't chosen Windows borderless, because that does cover stuff.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Oct 2020 at 3:44 PM
What do you mean by Windows borderless exactly?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bold_as_a_gryffindor
What do you mean by Windows borderless exactly?

Sorry, mixed my games up. Some games have it as an option. Sims 2 doesn't. Thinking about it I have a pretty big screen and it's possible that I can see my taskbar because of that.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bold_as_a_gryffindor
And launch the game using Sims 2 Launcher. Thanks advance.
What is Sims 2 Launcher? Do you mean Origin? I am running Windows 10 and have Sims 2 in windowed mode, and have my taskbar set to autohide... it looks like this until I put my cursor to the bottom of the screen, and then the taskbar pops up like this.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 4:47 PM
Sims 2 launcher meaning they have discs instead of digital version.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
Sims 2 launcher meaning they have discs instead of digital version.
Oh I see, well if they want to run in Windowed mode they have to bypass that launcher and create a shortcut directly to the executable, anyway.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 1:01 PM
I've got my taskbar unlocked and set to autohide when I load my game up and the game loads in windowed mode so I can make my taskbar show up though I usually move it to the side of my screen for loading sims up.I'm playing TS2 UC on my computer.