Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#6651 Old 17th Jun 2021 at 2:43 PM Last edited by Cassie95 : 17th Jun 2021 at 7:50 PM.
Lilith and Dirk were on one of their many dates, when all of a sudden Dirk decided he wanted to marry Lilith. They were in their bedroom and it was an impulsive decision. I think it suits them that way. They'd been engaged since the beginning of Dirk's Young Adult life but after Lilith moved in, they never seemed interested in following up with a wedding. Some might call this a bad sign, but Dirk and Lilith have lasted all these years, Dirk was there to support her when her parents died in quick sucession, he never made any advances towards his 3bolt classmate at uni, and if all that wasn't enough, he and Lilith themselves behave like 3bolters when they only have two. I don't know what's up with that, but it's really cute.

Dustin and Lucy were also on a date, in their house, while their daughter Maggie was sleeping. It was going well, until their only date-related wants were to dine out with each other. It's been financially rough for them and with a small child, no wonder they just want to get out for a bit. The romance seemed to be over though, so Dustin turned off the stereo... breaking it in the process. Then Lucy started lecturing him and she just went on and on... I love it when they do that, it's hilarious. But Lucy, please don't treat your husband like his mother did, you're on a date with him with no romantic wants whatsoever. But then, the lecturing realised her fear of having a bad talk with him, so all her wants re-rolled. The romance was back! I guess she came to her senses, at the last minute. They ended up having a dream date. The next day, Dustin got demoted from a chance card. Lucy was busting her ass trying to get that golden flower badge when he went to tell her. Their interaction was positive so they didn't argue about it. The day after that, Dustin got promoted and the first thing he did was to gift Maggie the piano that she wanted.

Right now I'm playing the Burbs. John and Jackie go hiking together, they garden a lot, Jennifer plays her guitar and her violin, but Brad and Cindy are harder to play with. Cindy hasn't discovered her one true hobby yet and Brad has already tried to make friends with his girlfriend's brother on the phone, and the rest of their wants I'm not interested in fulfilling right now. I'll just try to get them through the rest of the day. Ath least Brad will grow up soon, finally.
Eta: well, I found something for them to do: they helped get the house in shape for the headmaster! Or at least Mr 9-neat-points Brad did. Sloppy Cindy just sat on the couch in her formal wear. She and Brad were already in private school and now it was Jackie's turn. By the end of the visit Jennifer was a very happy sim, although she's in perma plat anyway. Next rotation I'll find out whether Brad will go to uni or not.
Advertisement
Scholar
#6652 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 1:24 AM
Dirk's one true hobby is Lilith. It's that way in my game, too, and I think they only have one bolt for each other.

I was playing my Pleasantview boardinghouse because I wanted something light and fun. That's where my single Sims live while they save up for a condo or a house or look around for the person they want to marry. The rest of the rooms I move townies into and let them just free will. So right now, three of my young men are living there (okay, maybe Beau is not so young anymore), along with Kaylynn Langerak and Jared Starchild. I moved Jared in because I know he's gay, and my one gay playable, Chase Pleasant, is always wanting to fall in love with his straight friends and is never attracted to any of the many gay townies roaming around, so I was kind of fixing them up. But Jared booty-called Ty Blubber, who is currently a townie--I didn't even know was gay. Ok, I just let them do their thing, woohoo in the hot tub and fall in love. Then Jared got the want to get engaged to Ty. Well, I can't resist an engagement want, and I figured that would be nice to have a gay couple in the boardinghouse. Usually, couples aren't allowed, but since they won't be having kids, that won't be an issue. So I had Jared propose, and Ty accepted. So then I had Jared propose marriage--I hadn't been playing him at all up to this point; their whole relationship developed through ACR--and Ty refused! I guess Jared was moving too fast.

Well, Jared's relationship with Ty immediately turned to -100/-100 and then he attacked Ty! What? They had a huge fight right on the front lawn and almost made Chase late for work. Jeez, I think Jared maybe has some issues. Ty might have just dodged a bullet there.
Theorist
#6653 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 11:36 AM
I just saw an interaction "Clean Up" when clicking on a Sim. Both were 20/20 towards each other, and the interaction got rejected (it had the animation of influencing or admiring). I typed in TCE and reloaded the lot, and I couldn't get the interaction to show up again. My mind must be playing tricks on me.
Mad Poster
#6654 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
I just saw an interaction "Clean Up" when clicking on a Sim. Both were 20/20 towards each other, and the interaction got rejected (it had the animation of influencing or admiring). I typed in TCE and reloaded the lot, and I couldn't get the interaction to show up again. My mind must be playing tricks on me.

Are you sure it was "Clean Up" and not "Cheer Up".

With Nightlife Cheer Up was added.
Quote:
Cheer Up
Requirements: A friend of a sim in a horrible mood

If a sim is in a really bad mood, another sim who is in a good relationship
with that sim can select the "Cheer Up" command under "Appreciate". Cheering
a sim up doesn't seem to have any special effects added to it, but it's
guaranteed to work, whereas trying many other social interactions might face
rejection.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Theorist
#6655 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 7:29 PM
I was installing new mods, so it might be something else. It definitely wasn't under Appreciate - it was directly available at the root, such as Break Up, Ask To Join, Say Goodbye.
Scholar
#6656 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 2:09 AM
I played the Lotharios tonight. Cassandra was feeling nostalgic, so while Don was at work, she had Darren over for a chaste little date. I wouldn't call it cheating--they didn't even woohoo--but Brandi and Don might feel differently. That night, they were robbed, and the burglar got away with the hot tub and the sports car--two of Don's most favorite things. The next morning, as he was crying over his stolen car in the driveway, Don found a love note from Darren to Cassandra, and that made him even more upset. They had an argument, and Don fell out of love with Cassandra, but then she asked him on a date, and in no time at all, he was strutting around her like nothing had happened. He bought a new hot tub and was all ready to woohoo in it (although it was storming out, so I didn't let him--I know better, even if Don doesn't). Cassandra and Don have no bolts together anymore (if they ever did), but he does genuinely love her, and it's sweet. Nina is the one who truly broke his heart when he saw her out with Daniel Pleasant so long ago, and he's never forgiven her for that.
Mad Poster
#6657 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 3:24 AM Last edited by FranH : 21st Jun 2021 at 4:11 PM.
A very sad day in Tinsel Town-Wayne Swanson died.

Wayne Swanson, retired Broadway star, dies at 64.

It was reported by his publicist that long-time Broadway and Hollywood star, Wayne Swanson, died at his home yesterday at age 64 from an unspecified cause.
Although in later years Mr. Swanson had been retired from the stage and screen, he was still active and was often seen jogging with his wife, Kristen Swanson, through Tinsel Town. In his retirement, Mr. Swanson had embarked on a second career in oceanography and was employed as a deep sea diver at the time of his death.
Described by friends and co-stars as "The nicest guy I've ever had the pleasure to work with." "A truly decent and kind man", Mr. Swanson was beloved by audiences throughout his career. He was noted for having a generous and lovable personality.
His private life, however, was reported by many gossip columnists and magazines as being rather turbulent-many people remember how his first marriage blew up in public, and his second one was noted by his infidelity to his second wife with his first. He remarried his first wife, Kristen after a contentious divorce from Ms. Asherah Walton, a move that did not surprise anyone.
He is survived by his wife, Kristen, daughters Angela Swanson Walton, Shelley Swanson Powers, sons John Swanson, and Stephen Swanson, as well as 5 grandchildren.
Services will be held at Our Lady of Infinite Sorrow on Saturday at 10 am with burial immediately following.
Friends, relatives and acquaintances are welcome to attend and to join the family after the services for a celebration of Mr. Swanson's life at his home.
Screenshots

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#6658 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 2:36 PM
Just realised I missed a whole chunk of households in my rotation, because I misread which household I was suppose to be on. Oopsie.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#6659 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 2:54 PM Last edited by sturlington : 20th Jun 2021 at 11:25 PM.
Beau Broke has always been attracted to older women. If you asked him who his three top women in Pleasantview were, he'd say Mary-Sue Pleasant, Jennifer Burb, and Dina Goth. But he married Kaylynn Langerak, who is only 10 years older than him. They met in the boardinghouse where they were both living. They got a trailer together, and they both want to have a baby, but conceiving may be difficult at Kaylynn's age. Still, it's good to see Beau settling down. Before he met Kaylynn, he was acting like a bit of a himbo.

ETA I was just thinking about this and I realized that Kaylynn has to be at least 15 years or more older than Beau, since she was a maid having an affair with Daniel Pleasant while he was still a toddler. Even if she was very young then, she wasn't underage--Daniel was a rat but not that much of one. I guess I'll have to add a few days to her age. Beau will probably be even more attracted to her!
Scholar
#6660 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 11:43 PM
In post-apocalypse SMB Northbridge, David Fell is at last married, and he and new wife Regina are expecting their first child together.

David's foster son, Alvin Futa, has moved into a two-room suite in the barracks with his fiancée, Brandi LeTourneau. They still have to use the communal kitchen and bathrooms, but at least they have a private sitting room (until they need it for a nursery, anyway). The suites were originally intended for higher-ranking unmarried officers rather than for couples or families, but accommodation is in short supply at the base so they have to make the best of whatever is available.

Wild-haired waif Charlie Yates is an adult now, too, and is likewise living in the barracks with girlfriend Sadie Pai. The hungry days before he was rescued and brought to the base remain with him, in that he has a passion for food and aims to reach the top of the culinary career as quickly as possible.

Nobody else seems very interested in reaching the top of their career track, so it may be some time before the base can begin to rebuild civilisation or the residents encounter other little enclaves of survivors.
Mad Poster
#6661 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 4:08 AM
After a major delay in births (due to mod interference), Hermione Hawk Snyder and Terrence Snyder of Tinsel Town welcomed a baby boy named Sam to their house on Saturday. His sister, Roxanne, who believes that she is a princess, (no joke-she transitioned to child with a blue princess outfit..which I allowed her to keep) is not happy to have to share not only the same room, but her Mommy and Daddy's attention! How dare that squalling baby do that to her!

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Lab Assistant
#6662 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 5:32 AM
The news of the old Sultan's death, the ascencion of one of his sons and the following death of his other sons just reached Cherry Blossom Islands. While The King intends to invite the new Sultan soon, the Sultan's half-sister as well as the old Sultan's two grandchildren who live there have entered their period of mourning. Neither of them is very keen on the new Sultan visiting, as they had bet their horses on another candidate. The good news however is that the next generation is already on its way, as the Sultan's half-sister is pregnant for the first time.
Scholar
#6663 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 12:44 PM
In Pleasantview, my first-generation kids are transitioning into adulthood, and a wedding went horribly awry.

Michael Dreamer (Dirk and Lilith) dated Lacey Lothario (second child of Don and Cassandra) all through high school and college, and both wanted to get engaged upon graduating. They bought a trailer, moved in together, and started planning the wedding. Everything went smoothly until after the cake was cut. I can't figure out why Lacey did what she did. She is a sensible Fortune Sim, like her siblings. She doesn't have a very high relationship to her brother-in-law Donald Burb (married to her older sister, Fiona), nor does she have much chemistry with him, but she flirted with him out of the blue in front of everyone.

Michael was so upset that he had to go take a bath and go to bed in the middle of the party. Then the popups came fast and furious. Don is no longer best friends with Lacey. Cassandra is no longer best friends with Lacey. Fiona is no longer best friends with Lacey. Lacey has not only ruined her own marriage, but probably her sister's as well.

When Lilith got home, she was so furious she had to rant to Dirk about it. (Dirk stayed home because he has the flu.) Both Lacey and Donald have made her enemies list, not a good place to be.

Lacey, what were you thinking? All I can guess is that she was overwhelmed and regretting that she got married so quickly out of college. Well, she has really messed everything up. Likely, Michael will divorce her, and now she has alienated all the people who cared about her.
Mad Poster
#6664 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 9:43 PM
My homesteaders in Dodge are closing in on winter and it's been an unusually warm dry year so far for them.They've been hearing talk of a dry spell being reclassified as a drought because it's been going on since spring and winter is almost arrived.
Lab Assistant
#6665 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 12:22 AM
Skip Jr. Broke (romance) shocked me by choosing Psychology as his major. He also reached perma plat just by satisfying wants, so he got Knowledge as his secondary. Looks like Brandi will graduate 3 kids from college, just like she wanted.

Lucy Burb just gave birth to John, which means she now lives with 3 Knowledge sims (husband Alvin, sons Marshall and John). They live in a trailer, so baby number 3 will have to wait. Brad Burb (family) decided that he wants to enter the Medicine career on the day of his birthday, with a D-, without wanting to go to college. He threw a birthday party instead, grew up well and rolled the want again. Sorry, Brad. Jennifer wanted to give him a gift, so she bought him the big telescope for his science hobby. Enjoy, Brad (hehehe). Btw, Cindy Burb's dog Ken is a menace. I had to play Brad's birthday party multiple times because he would terrorise one of the guests to the point where they would run off the lot.

Nicolo Goth grew into a Fortune sim. It'll be interesting to see where he goes with his life. He's not as nice as Primo and Isabella (family) and one of the very few memories he has of his dad is him cheating on his mom. He's not furious with Don anymore and in fact they talk on the phone a lot, but he might end up taking after him a lot. Although Don has decided to try to leave his romance days behind. Cassandra has forgiven him and he might even be able to visit the Goth mansion soon and finally spend some time with his youngest daughter Frida.
Link Ninja
#6666 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 5:34 AM
Default The Vacation Season continues
Still vacation Season!

Here's What's happening in Twikkii!

The Grandparents Cosgrove are still towing around their four grandkids, they, unlike the other grandparents are having a much better time befriending their spawns'-spawns. Of course, kids will get friendly when they are bribed with ice cream from the Boardwalk. They like that better than being holed up in Three Lakes in a cabin with no TV and only bug hunting to to entertain them which only results in bee stings.

Garrison and Gene are an elder couple that took advantage of the new travel agency in downtown Memosa Bay (thanks to @kestryllen for updating the property transfer mod to make this possible!) - and are having an intimate weekend in a jungle hut.

Siri and Jarome Thackery are empty-nesters that took a long weekend to get romantic in a beach-side shack, also via a 'private lodging' rental from the travel agency.

Miles Piper JUST got back from Three Lakes after two years (IRL! I forgot he was out there) abroad, decided he didn't want to back to work and then booked it to Twikkii, he tried a night at the beach camp, the Blossom Wood Hotel, and now is living it up on Twikkii Beach hotel. Hopefully he will come back before two years.

In Three Lakes:

Sly Sloblowski, a sloppy sim I made for a discord challenge about three years ago has been stuck in his messy house after being played exactly one day. It was time for him to bust out and find out more about himself! He went on a solo vacation to Three Lakes and stayed in my newly renovated Three Lakes Cabins, and along the way learned a bit more about cleanliness.

In Takemizu:

A lady named Alynna took one of the men in her life she had been stringing along and they camped out in the Bamboo Forest but while on a tour she drew the interest of the infamous 'Yellow Rose Clan' (IDK, it was a name on a chance card gone bad!) and had 300 Simoleans stolen! This encounter led me to build a new lot in Takemizu that is rumored to be a business front for the Clan as soon as she left.

At some point I will post overviews of my vacation hoods and all the extra little lots cause they were fun to revamp and add to, making vacations MUCH more enjoyable to play!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#6667 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 8:40 AM
It's a boy (again)!

David and Regina Fell have welcomed their new baby who, like every child born, adopted or fostered in this generation, is a boy. They've named him Kody, which was Regina's maiden name.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6668 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
It's a boy (again)!

Is the single gender intentional, or just happenstance?
Forum Resident
#6669 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 2:57 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 22nd Jun 2021 at 4:03 PM.
I started again a new Pleasantview I decided that the only way to get rid of Elvira with the clean versions is for Dina to finish with what she started.
Screenshots
Scholar
#6670 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 5:11 PM
I've been around to check on the aftermath of the Lothario-Dreamer wedding fiasco. Fiona seems to want to repair things with her husband, Donald. He was probably as surprised as anyone when her sister flirted with him at her own wedding, and the only thing he did wrong was to not reject the flirt. As a Lothario, though, Fiona is related to ALL the Goths and Calientes, and half the neighborhood wants to see the ghost of Donald. Hopefully, things will start to calm down soon. Fiona also wants to repair things with Lacey, or at least she wants to talk it out with her; she is really very tender-hearted. Lacey hasn't been home to accept her calls yet, though.

On the day after, Lacey had a want to have a baby and to have some interactions with Michael, so she tried flirting with him. He accepted the flirt and then he outright attacked her, like "How dare you flirt with me after what you did?" There was no option for them after that but divorce, since neither of them was in love anymore. Neither one could afford even the trailer on their own, so Michael had to move back into his parents' trailer and sleep in his childhood bed. Lacey had nowhere to go since her whole family is mad at her, so she moved into the boardinghouse. Now Michael wants to have a baby, so I guess he's either on the rebound or just ready to move on.
Mad Poster
#6671 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
I started again a new Pleasantview I decided that the only way to get rid of Elvira with the clean versions is for Dina to finish with what she started.

That's a new way to clear up the quandary Mortimer has! Have his girlfriend kill his wife!

Forum Resident
#6672 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 7:04 PM
@FranH I love Elvira but it doesn't fit that she lives in the history of Pleasantview, so I think this will be my new tradition every time I start the neighborhood again.
Mad Poster
#6673 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 7:20 PM
@Sokosims It looks like starting new Pleasantview games is a trend because I've got a Pleasantview Epic Challenge about to be started with ancestors of the Pleasantview residents moving into and starting a colony from scratch in the 17th century.I'm using a blank Pleasantview terrain and building the whole town myself from scratch and making my own versions of the sims.
Forum Resident
#6674 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 7:23 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 22nd Jun 2021 at 7:33 PM.
@TadOlson It actually makes me a bit mad that I don't have the concentration to make a really lasting one with many generations. I suppose that when my stage of creating neighborhoods passes, I will go back to concentrating on playing for real. I think in another life I must have been a historian because I love very long family trees.

I'm very interested in playing medieval, but I don't want to waste hours setting up and downloading items or clothes ... Is there somewhere that summarizes how to start and what should I get? In fact, I am secretly creating a medieval but modern (ccfree) neighborhood for that reason.

These Maraletsplay videos were the ones that made me want to play medieval. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I28fv89IdwI&t
Mad Poster
#6675 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 7:30 PM
I went to Medevelsims for some content so my sims won't have to take jobs and I just pretend the clothing is old fashioned.It's fine to just pretend things aren't that modern though I would use a Mod to unlock aspiration and career rewards to buy mode which is the case in my game and also take advatage of gardening to play farmers.I started with playing my BACC and am learning to be patient with bluilding my towns up slowly instead of rushing and getting lost.
Page 267 of 351