Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Walls Repository & Index

by Numenor Posted 28th Apr 2005 at 5:06 PM - Updated 21st Mar 2017 at 8:48 PM by Numenor : Updated list of assigned ID's

373 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 356 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 15
Test Subject
#101 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 3:45 AM
Default request to register a few new walls...
Numbers 93 and 94, for this hack,

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...9865#post599865

here, allowing walk in basements.

And also, registering foundations numbers 19 and 20, for the same hack.

Mike
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#102 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 11:58 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------
CURRENTLY ASSIGNED WALL IDs (UPDATED 05 JULY 2005)
Please refer to the list below when assigning IDs to new custom walls, and report to me (by PM or posting in this thread) any ID that you claim for your custom walls.
Keep in mind that Maxis is likely to release new walls in the future; therefore, use ID number as high as possible, in order to avoid conflicts with future Maxis releases.

01: MAXIS - normal walls
02: MAXIS - Picket Rail fence (not in catalog)
03: MAXIS - attic walls (not in catalog)
04: MAXIS - non-rendered deck skirt (not in catalog)
16: MAXIS - deck skirt (not in catalog)
23: MAXIS - foundation walls (not in catalog)
24: MAXIS - deck skirt (not in catalog)
26: MAXIS - Deck Aged Wood fence arch
29: MAXIS - Pool wall

30--44: FOREVERJADON - Pool walls

90: NUMENOR - Unleveled wall
91: NUMENOR - Invisible wall
92: NUMENOR - Prison wall

93-94: SNAPPLEDUDE21 - Custom walls needed for Walk-in Basements

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
#103 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 12:13 AM
Hi, nice work.. I just wonder one thing how do i get the roof too be placet on the un-leveld wall. or how to get the uneven roofs? otherwise the walls works just fine.
Thanks // Miitra
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#104 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 10:45 PM Last edited by Numenor : 18th Jul 2005 at 11:41 PM.
I'm not sure you can have a perfectly fitting roof on an uneven wall, because there are no uneven roofs.
If you use the auto-roof function, the roof will be placed, but won't touch the lower parts of the uneven walls.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Field Researcher
#105 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 12:20 AM
walls
[COLOR=Blue]Wonderful Work. I am sooo impressed. thank you for your hard work. [/COLOR]
Test Subject
#106 Old 13th Sep 2005 at 4:54 AM
how safe is this the last time i messed with the game files i did not have any walls no foundations and no pool had to compleatly uninstall both games and reinstall them to get what i lost back
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#107 Old 13th Sep 2005 at 5:41 PM Last edited by Numenor : 13th Sep 2005 at 5:43 PM.
I'll try to explain better the installation intructions:
Quote:
How to install
IMPORTANT: this file will overwrite a game file! Follow instructions carefully!
a) Unpack the attached zip to your desktop.
b) Using Windows Explorer, open the following folder:
[gamedir]\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts
Note 1: the [gamedir] is usually C:\Program Files\EA Games, unless you have a custom installation.
Note 2: if you have the University installed, the installation path is the same.
c) Create a backup copy of the walls.txt file and put it in a safe place: you can use the backup in order to remove the custom walls and revert to the original game.
d) Move the new Walls.txt from the desktop to the open folder, overwriting the original file.

Peerforming step a) will result in having a file called Walls.txt on your desktop; leave it there, for the moment, and perform step b): open in turn the folders pointed out above, until you should see, in the Explorer window, the Scripts folder, containing a bunch of TXT files, among which you should see a Walls.txt file. This is the ORIGINAL walls.txt file: copy it in a safe location (any folder *outside* the game one and outside the downloads one: e.g. create a folder called "C:\Backup" and copy the ORIGINAL walls.txt in there).
Now close the backup folder and go back to the desktop (step d): copy the walls.txt file from the desktop and paste it into the "Scripts" folder, overwriting the original.

That's all: now in the Scripts folder there is the modified walls.txt, and in the backup folder there is the original walls.txt.
If you need to restore the original walls.txt, open the backup folder (e.g. C:\Backup), copy the walls.txt file from there and paste it into the Scripts folder, overwriting the modified one.

Test Subject
#108 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 7:26 PM
Default still works!!
I am really glad to see that the invisible walls still work with NL. I thought that I would have to rebuild my prisons but thankfully they made it through the transition intact. Cheers and !
Test Subject
#109 Old 28th Oct 2005 at 1:13 PM Last edited by james0264 : 28th Oct 2005 at 2:13 PM.
What icons correspond to the thumbnailResource variable?
Is there a way of finding out what the thumbnails are available, because I want to change the command highlighted in bold below? In other words, how did you know that "0xe9261348" is a particular wall thumbnail? Many thanks.

# normal walls
wall 1
defaultPattern "blank"
wallThickness standard
mayChangeSurface true
mayAttachObjects true
mayCutAway true
requiresFlatBottom true
requiresFlatTop true
submersible false
deleteTool partition
thumbnailResource 0 0x499db772 0xe9261348
thumbnailResource 1 0x499db772 0xe9261347
catalogTextIndices 0 1
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#110 Old 28th Oct 2005 at 3:46 PM
Those values refer to GroupID and Instance of the graphics contained into the ui.package, located in [gamedir]\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UI.
I browsed all the images (there are many!) until I found a suitable graphic for each custom wall, and then I wrote down the Group and Instance.

Test Subject
#111 Old 28th Oct 2005 at 4:13 PM
Just the answer I was looking for. Many, many, many thanks Numenor!
Test Subject
#112 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 5:10 PM
FINALLY ive got numerors windows and that, but not the walls! lol, ive been looking for ages I LOVE YOU, hypatheticaly of course, id ont mean to miss lead you :D

omg, i was walking along and there was this moose and he was eating some cranberry sauce, so he was like, Hey, im not a monkey woooo but then there was a monkey but it was a racoon and it breathed fire and it fell down the well and um... sorry, fell asleep on the keyboard there
Test Subject
#113 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 2:09 PM
Hello, I've used this for a while but I'd like my game a bit different now. Ive had it for like... 6 months XD so does anyone have a clean walls.txt that is not modified? :P

http://img44.echo.cx/img44/7877/ong2za.jpg
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#114 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 2:44 PM
Just edit again the walls.txt,and delete everything from
Code:
# *custom* un-leveled terrain walls
wall 90

to the end of the file.

But be warned: if in your lots there are custom walls, they will turn to black iron fences.

Test Subject
#115 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 7:47 PM
OMG! How did you do this? Genious!
Mad Poster
#116 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 6:45 PM
To be able to fix the walls made with the custom walls, modify the wall.txt for the default walls to enable it to build in many ways to fix the replaced iron fences.
The following setting has tested workable, and I can convert those old lots back to normal... with some works...

# normal walls
wall 1
defaultPattern "blank"
wallThickness standard
mayChangeSurface true
mayAttachObjects true
mayCutAway true
requiresFlatBottom false
requiresFlatTop false
submersible true
deleteTool partition
thumbnailResource 0 0x499db772 0xe9261348
thumbnailResource 1 0x499db772 0xe9261347
catalogTextIndices 0 1
Test Subject
#117 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 7:07 PM
wouldnt work for me

Well look at me and say im your momma. yup that how i Roll. Gass
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d...ster/justme.jpg
Test Subject
#118 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 7:53 PM
Awesomely awesome, Numenor. Thanks loads! And, to be honest, those instructions were more than clear, to me at least. But maybe it's because I wear my brain on the outside of my head....... hm. :gonemad:

><> HOW I MINE FOR FISH? <><
*Pagan * and * Proud*
avatar courtesy of VGCats, #178 by Scott Ramsoomair
also click here~>want to be a zombie?
and here~>want to be a vampire?
Test Subject
#119 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 6:55 PM
Question.... If I set a wall type to reqires flat bottom False and Flat top TRUE,

Will I get a wall that does indeed have a un-even bottom but a level top?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#120 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 3:02 AM
Actually, I've never tried... But I don't think so...
If you run this test, let us know the result, please.

Lab Assistant
#121 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 12:14 PM
Numenor, you are most sincerely one of the greatest modders ever. Your dedication to the art and creativity of making the game as architectually intricate as life outside of the computer, probably more so is... can't find the right word for it, but your work gives everyone's work the opportunity to be better than anything that we could have produced without your efforts. Thank you.
Test Subject
#122 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 10:48 AM
Прикольно!!! А главное, меня никто непоймёт!!! Nobody understand me!!! sorry to my english!!!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#123 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 7:26 PM
Nastya, I take it as a compliment... or I hope it is!

In any case, your post made me read Pollination's one, that unfortunately I have missed so far... Pollination, thank you very much for your kind words!

#124 Old 3rd Jan 2006 at 1:55 AM Last edited by Niknaks_xX : 3rd Jan 2006 at 2:01 AM.
So for the invisible and prison only, instead of putting in the modified walls.txt, you replace the Maxis version of walls.txt with the invisible/prison.rar?
#125 Old 18th Jan 2006 at 1:58 AM
Oooohh now I get it XD
Page 5 of 15