Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#151 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 4:42 PM
I created a tragedy on purpose, but it has a happy ending. Or it did until I restarted my 'hoods.

I created an elderly couple and they moved into an apartment in Strangetown's downtown. They adopted a child, a cute little girl named Beth, and they taught her to study and got her into private school.

Beth was not long into her teen stage and came home from work one night to find that both of her adoptive parents had died of old age--on the same night. So she went to school every day and went to work, and finally went to college at La Fiesta Tech. During college she met General Buzz Grunt and after she graduated they got married.

She also became Big Woman on Campus (that's where you have enough friends to maximize your Influence Meter capacity). She was on the phone constantly but she still managed to maintain a 4.0--without schmoozing with the professors.

She might have been left alone when her parents died, but she had about a dozen best friends.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 2:47 AM
I have an entire Neighborhood destined to die. Then come back as zombies, who eventually kill the person who brought them back.
Scholar
#153 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 2:45 PM
I think mine would have to be when I had a little girl want to see a shooting star. I thought I'd oblige, only to look round a couple of (RL) minutes later to see her disappear from the family thumbnails... and saw Grimmie standing next to a fallen satellite!

It's the first time I've ever had a child die in TS2 I may get her resurrected one day - she didn't deserve to go like that.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Test Subject
#154 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 7:23 AM
Two of my guy sims, Aaron and Lucian, were supposed to be getting married, so I set everything up with the little buffet, the arch, the chairs, everything. While the guests were arriving, one of my other moronic sims broke the TV. Aaron was the only one with any mechanical skill at all, so I had him go fix it.

He electrocuted himself and died. D: While the guests were arriving for their wedding. And to make matters worse, Lucian couldn't get there in time to plead with the Grim Reaper. D:

I have a project going where I am making EVERY Phoenix Wright character from the first three games. Victims, witnesses, anyone who plays any sort of role. Stuff for the minor characters is DESPERATELY needed, so if you have anything you can link me to PLEASE PM it to me!
Forum Resident
#155 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 8:29 AM
I think the biggest tragedy I had was with a family I had about a year ago.

I had just installed the Inteenimater so wasn't used to the whole miscarriage thing. Anyway, I had a man and woman in the family (forget their names) who were newlyweds. I thought it was about time they conumated their marriage so I set them up to do so. Before they got down to business I figured I would let them do their thing and I would go get a drink. I got distracted by my grandmother while away from the computer so I didn't get back until the middle of the next sim day.
My sims are never very bright so the woman I guess had woken up shortly after going to bed so her energy was in the red along with her hunger and bladder. I sent her to the restroom but before she could 'go' she started screaming and ultimately had a miscarriage. I didn't even know she was pregnant!
Long story short, she had two other miscarriages, then her husband dies from a fire. She later meets a new man and gets pregnant twice with him, losing both children to miscarriage. Then, she finally died herself from complaining to much about her horrible life instead of eating.

What I learned from all of this? Take better care of pregnant Sims....lol

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Test Subject
#156 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 12:31 AM
Oh man, reading these thread is making me remember dear old McCree Landgraab...

Alright, so here's what happened; having just got Open for Business and Happy Holidays, I wanted a Sim who wasn't afraid to run a business and celebrate the big three (Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas) at the same time. So I created McCree Fizzy. She moved into a house just down the road from Malcolm's huge mansion. I decorated it with all Christmas stuff, painted everything red and laid out the Happy Holidays carpet, and started a business. McCree had two Servos; Simon and Simone, who had a thing for each other. Anyways, who shows up in McCree's welcome wagon but Malcolm Landgraab? Now, I didn't know who he was at first ("Oh my gosh, I somehow messed up and made Dina a guy!!!"), but after I calmed down ("Oh, wait, he's that guy on the Sims Wiki I read about..."), I invited him in. It was like love at first sight. Eventually, after I got ahold of SimPE, I made them get married. Simon and Simone got married a day later, and adopted a boy toddler named Alon. All was going great. THEN I had a dream (Nightmare?) about what was gonna happen on my game; McCree would get pregnant with twins and die. Now, when I woke up, I thought "I should soooo avoid that," but then I thought, "Wait... I smell a storyline that'll get me addicted!" And guess what happened next? McCree, all dressed up and prettified, collapeses on the floor after having the twins.

And that's when I knew I soooo shouldn't of done that. But then I saved and exited (It's a force of habit; I also saved after Bella left Mortimer at the alter), and when I thought, "Oh, right, McCree's twins," well, they were waiting for me in the house.

I still regret that... The twins aren't toddlers yet, and they are the youngest of all of the Second generation of Bluewater (I plan on playing it separately from Pleasantview)... I'm sorta scared to have them grow up someday... It'd be so sad... But I know I gotta. Don't want poor Malcolm stuck with babies forever.
Instructor
#157 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 7:35 AM
This happened awhile back ago, but I just restarted playing this family, so the story is coming back to me. It's not the greatest tragedy, but it's just a family who has horrendously bad luck.

I had a simmie female name Claira who's ltw was to have 3 kids graduate from college. Okay, that's not so bad. But because college ain't free in my game, and because she was very career-oriented (half fortune) I figured she'd probably want to focus on securing a high level job first before having kids. When she was around level 5-6 in her job, I had her go out at night looking for dates, but she couldn't find anyone with /any/ bolts. Wth?? Her turn-ons didn't help either, (Hat and plant sim, GAH) and she actually ended up getting to the top of the journalism career before she had a man! at this point she was close to the mid point of adulthood, so I risked a couple k's on blind dates. I guess I was too cheap because all her dates HATED her. And they were ugly :*

At this point I'm thinking of just getting a baby daddy, but of course she's consistently rolling "get married" and "marry a rich sim" so I still send her out to every community lot that should have a lot of people. Finally, I run into one of my old forgotten playables at the park at midnight (doy...) who she hits it off with really well. He's the Debateau boy[read:rich!] Peter who's nice, went to college, and has a good job... but grew up getting a lot of his father's [old] features so I never actively found a girl for him. They have 2 dates and decide that they're made for each other and get hitched! He doesn't bring in as much money as I thought. But who cares, start the baby making! And baby making! And baby making.

No luck.

I've got the hidden chime sound and hide the try for baby option so it's all just risky luck. Granted, they were only doing it like once a day so I ended up bumping it up to 2-3 times a day. Finally out of the blue she pops (no nausea or anything!) and just in the nick of time! I'm not sure she'll fullfill that wish to send 3 kids to college, but she'll get to see one!

And that one's name is Kel(adry)! A seemingly pretty girl who doesn't get her most of her dad's old features! Parents are on cloud 9. They'll be elders by the time she's in middle teenhood, but who cares! A baby!

Then Claira gets fired. Then Peter gets fired. They both call and plead with their bosses and get laughed at. So now they can't afford their uber expensive townhome, so they downsize and store things. But that's okay, their 3 kid plan is officially out.

Peter gets fired again, so he stays at home awhile and teaches Kel skills. Finally he gets a job, but it's in the evening along with Claira's, so they have to hire a nanny. Kel is a child at this point.

The nanny does as all nanny's do - she starts dinner, and then realizes she has to pee REALLY bad. Kel is in the kitchen finishing her homework while the nanny runs to the bathroom and stops to tell me she has to pee instead of going to pee >_>

Her dinner is burning. I'm cursing her to hurry up, but alas.... a fire!!! And of course I realize then there's no fire alarm. I cancel Kel's homework really fast and direct her to the phone. Does she do it? NO. I cancel her "freak out, fire fire!!" and direct her to run. Does she do it? NO. And the damn nanny is useless, but I try to keep Kel from the flames long enough for her parents to come home.

She magically catches on fire while being halfway across the room.

Long story short, her parents come home with the kitchen, daughter, and nanny all gone. And Grim is long gone too. Cue the crazy moment, as both parents feared the death of Kel. And then cue the worthless "Have a baby" want, as they're two days from elderhood. This is when I stopped playing.

I've gone back to them now, and Claira quit her job and is slowing climbing up the psychic career. She may not see her daughter through college, but I want her to see her alive again before she kicks it. Peter grew up badly 3 times (toddler to child b/c father passed, child to teen because mom passed, and then adult to elder because daughter passed >_<) so I'm not even sure he's going to see Kel again at all.

You could ask why they just didn't adopt, but I don't want to generate random kids anymore (trying to slow down population growth), and there were currently no kids in my playable fostercare.
Inventor
#158 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 1:08 AM
I’ve had several tragedies over the years but the one that comes to mind right now is this.

One of my couples had an only daughter who grew up happy and married her true love. They had both moved up a little in their careers and thought it was time to start a family. So, they moved into a nice house with a hot tub. This was right after a patch or EP came out that overheated the Sims if they stayed in the hot tub too long. I did not know about it or I would have had a fire alarm outside!

So a couple of townies came over and were partying with the husband in the backyard and she goes into labor. I am trying to get the husband to go in the house and one of the townies gets out of the hot tub and starts heading off the lot. Only every single step that he takes the grass starts on fire. So the husband is freaking and I can’t get him to go in the house so I am trying to get him to put out all the fires. So she finally has the baby and I tell her to put the baby in the crib and call the fire dept. Right then her husband catches on fire cause there is fire everywhere. So instead of calling she runs out to her husband and starts freaking so I am trying to get het to put him out but it’s more than they can handle and all I can do is sit there and watch them both die. As I am sitting there in stunned silence the social worker shows up and takes the baby! Then I remember that when you adopt the first kids are ones the social worker takes away so I jump over to the grandparents and tell them to adopt a baby. The baby shows up named Montana which is what Mom named her before she died. So I am assuming that it was their grandchild. All was good for awhile but since the grandparent were so old the last one died right after she turned into a teen. Guess it could have been worse. If Grandma had died two days earlier she’d of seen the social worker again and I would never have known what happened to her.
Instructor
#159 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 5:09 PM
Someone asked about what happens when pets die. I've had a few dogs die of old age, and this is what Grimmy does: he shows up and starts his schpiel, and suddenly notices that his victim is a dog. He stops and pulls out his little pink celphone, talks for a few seconds, and then hangs up and his shoulders slump. He pulls a stick out from behind his back and shows it to the dog, gibbering to it excitedly, and the dog jumps around happily. Finally he throws the stick up into the air, and the dog leaps up after it and they all fade out of existence. It's really sweet.

I play with autonomy on but I generally direct what people do most of the time. The closest I've been to a tragedy was more just bittersweet -- an old lady died minutes after her grandson aged up to a child. But I seem to recall the party score was still pretty good. Granny Jane now haunts her daughter's family, and while she was a sweet lady in life she's a rather nasty ghost. She likes to haunt her grandsons' beds while they're asleep, which wakes them up, and then she leaps out of the bed and frightens them. One night she did that to little Ricky three or four times and I was afraid he'd die, but somehow he survived the night.

My sister had a great little Sims 1 tragedy -- she had a young couple madly in love, and they were standing on the carpet smooching when the fireplace set the carpet on fire. They both died and then the girl's sister moved in to sweep up the ashes. D:
Lab Assistant
#160 Old 28th Dec 2011 at 7:30 PM
I have three tragedies one is I first started the sims 2 like back in 2006 I believe I had a couple Steven and Samantha Graham I made upstairs but I didn't know how to up there so everytime they went upstairs I was stuck down stairs until I learned to click there pics duh idiotic me anyways the woman got pregnant yay she wanted to cook a fire started and lets just say I didn't have a phone and they all died... stupid me.
The second was Sandie Wilde he was a beautiful teenage boy the "heartthrob " of the town pushed Don Lothario off his throne so I was at Lothario's house Don cooked and lets just say Sandie ate died I was shocked I even cried so for I killed Don eye for eye tooth for tooth.
And last was my cousins Miller family I was wondering y she had a tombstone in her back yard so I went to her house they were miserable there was a mom dad two teenage boys and a little girl the dad died the boys were miserable they almost died I quickly moved them to college the little girl got tooken away and was adopted by one of my families and now the moms alone selling things to keep her house.

The world is all how you look at it.
Page 7 of 7