Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 7:31 AM
We are alive... and kicking!
Not long ago someone asked in this forum whether the TS2 community was alive.
I did not join that conversation because I have no idea how this community was in the "good old times". Yeah, I arrived quite late to the whole customize-your-game thing ( but it's never too late if it's for good :D)

But this monthly-theme challenge got me thinking. And I could not help keeping an eye on it.

Search Results for #themebeach:
TS2 - 18 results
TS3 - 4 results
TS4 - 10 results

I know it's not a competition, I know... but what the hell, we won! XD

What I mean is that it's amazing how many awesome active creators this community has.
Yeah, not only we come and chat and suggest mods, there are also plenty of new uploads shared. Gotta be proud of us!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 8:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
I know it's not a competition, I know... but what the hell, we won! XD

I firmly believe in the wisdom of posthumously declaring something a competition only in the event that you would have won at it- it's a strategy that's served me well in life. We'll have to see if April's challenge turns out to have been a competition come May!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st May 2015 at 9:10 PM
Yes, of course, if we are not going to win why call it a competition at all? In this case we will claim we "do it only for laughs" :D
And so it happens that April's challege was a competition as well XD

Search results for #themegreen:
TS2 - 21 results
TS3 - 6 results
TS4 - 4 items

What do you think, guys?
Why are there so many creators in the TS2 community? Is it because the game has been played for long enough so we know plenty of tricks? Or because everybody here are hardcore TS2 lovers that are excited about creating a little new something? Or simply because TS2 allows more creativity?
(I personally don't play TS3 nor TS4 so it's hard to compare.)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st May 2015 at 10:19 PM
I suppose part of it may also be that MTS is from the era of Sims 2. And by that I don't mean that Sims 3 and Sims 4 aren't a part of MTS and that it hasn't been big during their times as well. I mean that a lot of the creativity in Sims community has moved to more individual platforms, like tumblr and live journals. I imagine that less people in Sims 3 and 4 have ended up on MTS in particular, since other platforms are available with less demands and so on. I imagine there's also the official stuff for Sims 3 and 4, with EA-based places to share, which doesn't exist for Sims 2.

Plus, Sims 2 rules and it's creators do too, so clearly we will auto-win :P

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st May 2015 at 11:33 PM
I'm guessing those of us here are hard core Sims 2 players. I wasn't here (posting) in the hay day. I was posting on Boolprop forums and before that the Exchange. I moved over to Boolprop way too late as by 2009 it was already on it's way down. The Sims 2 section here, why not nearly as busy as I imagine it once was is the liveliest and busiest Sims 2 area on the internet, from what I have seen.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 1st May 2015 at 11:39 PM
I'd like to accept this award <sniff> on behalf of the TS2 modding community <wipes tear> and I just want to say <gasp> thank you to everyone who supported and helped us <tears up again> in the making of this CC. You are awesome. Thank you. Thank you so much.<baaaaah baaaaah>

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st May 2015 at 11:49 PM
I believe the reason why there is more active TS2 creators here than TS3/4 creators is simply because there is no official network for sharing content, unlike 3/4, and also that many of the once TS2 only communities have closed doors or became TS3/4 only, and so many of the creators have since migrated to MTS to share their creations.

Also, MTS is just an awesome site to use, so yeah...

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 1st May 2015 at 11:53 PM
maxon. *Goes to hand over award, trips and drops it on your toe* yeah people know to take away their good Wedgwood if I am coming.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#9 Old 2nd May 2015 at 7:57 AM
I am proud to be a part of this community,
And I congratulate all Simmers on Earth for making this game series theirs.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 2nd May 2015 at 8:49 AM
I guess you can only put x amount of anything in one of those tiny Sims 4 hoods anyway - so, well done, all of you Sims 2 players Please can we have a pic of JoSim handing that award to MaxonSim? Thank you so much
Mad Poster
#11 Old 2nd May 2015 at 12:47 PM
I wonder what the award should look like? A big fat chocolate chip cookie?

Of course, with a bite mark in it. I tell you, we just can't restrain ourselves when it comes to the cookies!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 2nd May 2015 at 1:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I wonder what the award should look like? A big fat chocolate chip cookie?

Of course, with a bite mark in it. I tell you, we just can't restrain ourselves when it comes to the cookies!

Maybe a big grilled cheese sandwich is more appropriate...... :P
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 2nd May 2015 at 1:41 PM

"You dropped it on her toe?!"

"We should totally make a film about that!"

There, hows that?

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 2nd May 2015 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
What do you think, guys?
Why are there so many creators in the TS2 community? Is it because the game has been played for long enough so we know plenty of tricks? Or because everybody here are hardcore TS2 lovers that are excited about creating a little new something? Or simply because TS2 allows more creativity?
(I personally don't play TS3 nor TS4 so it's hard to compare.)

Because Sims 2 is the best of the 4!

We are a Mom and 24 year old Daughter who love Sims 2, Sims 1, Sims 3 and Sims 4, respectively.
We also share videos of our games on our YouTube channel.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 2nd May 2015 at 4:58 PM
That is WELL DONE Jo!
Mad Poster
#16 Old 2nd May 2015 at 8:53 PM
Tell you what, though-our favorite and only mascot, the infamous Llama, has become immortalized in another game-Banished, where someone made a mod that allows Llamas to be bought and farmed as farm stock.

Those llamas get around, I tell you!

Llama Pasture
Now that I see it again, I'm downloading that mod.

Hey, why not the Lame Llama Award?
#17 Old 3rd May 2015 at 1:06 PM
Remember that scene in Miss Congeniality where she tries to grab the tiara off the winners head because it was a bomb but the other one fought back? No? Oh well.

Swipes award from floor and runs off.

MINE! MY PRECIOUS!