Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 10:35 PM
Default Any premade Sims you get mixed up?
This came to mind after I misidentified a sim in the funny screenshots thread - I said Herb Oldie when I meant Herbert Goodie. The Oldies and the Goodies are so similar I'm constantly mixing them up. So, what Sims do you guys get mixed up?

For me (aside from the one I just mentioned)
- I used to get the two Caliente twins mixed up. Not so much anymore. It helps to change around their hairstyles to be not identical.
- Not exactly the same, but I keep thinking that Alexandra Teatherton is from Desiderata Valley for some reason, rather than Riverblossom Hills.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 1:35 AM
same-neighborhood characters with same first name at times get me confused if any of them appear in computer chat's menu.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 9:25 AM
Mercutio Monty and Ravi Bertino. Ravi is the Tricou kid who looks like Mercutio; I think he's called Patrick Teens in the game files. I really can't tell them apart on appearance. Especially if it's at the swimming pool and they're not wearing their regular outfits. Or I might tell them apart by behaviour -- Ravi is much nicer!

Oddly enough in my Veronaville it's Ravi who's the more significant character. He's self-effacing, promiscuous and kind-hearted. Mercutio has up till now largely stayed in the background with no love interest.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 10:02 AM
In my uberhood I often think I see John Burb on a community lot just to discover that he's actually Timothy Riley once I hover over him with the mouse. I think one of them needs a makeover.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 3:34 PM
All of them - I don't play the pre-mades. I have no idea who they are.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 11:14 PM
Nina and Dina Caliente. I can tell the sims apart - I just have trouble remembering which sim goes with which name because the names are so similar. I have been known to accidentally call one or the other of them "Tina" repeatedly. Usually I just refer to them as "Red" and "Blondie" - that way I know who I mean.
Scholar
#7 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 11:35 PM
When I was new to playing Desiderata I had the Contrary and the Jocque live together, but constantly forgot who was married to whom - with tragic results. After directing the wrong sims to kiss, everyone's temper broke and the same day Edward Contrary died in a kitchen fire.
Scholar
#8 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 12:11 AM
I don't get them mixed up but names I have trouble pronouncing.

Is Circe (Beaker) "Sirse" or "Curse"?

And I know most people pronounce Pascal (Curious) "Pas-cal" but I prefer "Pascle"

As for other names I often forget them, even my own Sims...cuz I have too many .

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 12:55 AM
According to Wikipedia's entry on Circe, modern pronounciation of the name is usually something like Sir-See. Classical Greek did not have a soft "C" and it would have been pronounced something more like "Kirkee".
Scholar
#10 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 6:37 PM
I used to get Nina and Dina's names mixed up all the time
Theorist
#11 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 6:47 PM
No as I don't play them but my sims often get mixed up especially when I gave them names like Johan and Jonah, Ariana and Ariane and so on...
Forum Resident
#12 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 6:51 PM
Today I got two teenage townies mixed up, Konrad Platz and... eh... another guy.

I am Error.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 6:00 PM
Desdemona and Ariel Capp. Can never remember which is the older.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 6:07 PM
Put Zoe Zimmerman and Ophelia Nigmos side by side. See a difference? I can't!

Fortunately their personalities are different, so I can dress and do their hair differently. But when Ripp autonomously flirted with Zoe after he got engaged to Ophelia, I put it down to his getting confused by their similarity.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#15 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
According to Wikipedia's entry on Circe, modern pronounciation of the name is usually something like Sir-See. Classical Greek did not have a soft "C" and it would have been pronounced something more like "Kirkee".

Like this in Greek maybe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXW5wFQDges

Elephant! Handcuffs! Naughty! Tee hee!