Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 11:31 AM
Default Megahood with subhoods recreated from other games
By "subhoods recreated from other games", I mean Four Corners, Bitville, Garden Heights, Mesa Flats, and Arbor Falls, recreated by Hood Building Group.

I currently play a Megahood with Pleasantview, Veronaville, Strangetown, Downtown, Bluewater Village, Riverblossom Hills, and all 3 unis (the 3 unis were added several rotations apart to avoid all the students graduating in the same rotation). As a Mac player, unfortunately I cannot have Desiderata Valley or Belladonna Cove. I play using premades only, including the townies and downtownies that come with meetme2theriver's templates (I have no townies or dormies other than those). This includes moving the elders into a retirement home, having the families "foster" the kids, and having the teens go to college. I also move in adults if they become important to the story, such as one of the playables falling in love with a townie.

Now, I am thinking about adding the recreated subhoods to ensure more genetic variety, more family names, and give me some more houses (I'm not a huge fan of building myself, so I only do it when really necessary). Of course, I would not add all of them at once - I'm currently on the 15th rotation, so I'd maybe start with 1 new subhood for now, add another one 10 rotations later, etc. I'm curious to hear if anyone did that before and would share how it worked out? My worries are it could be a bit overwhelming, or I might not feel like the newly added Sims are integrating well with the rest of the hood (story-wise).
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 7:11 PM
No Belladonna Cove with a Mac?! Remind me never to get a Mac!

I had a hood, the Riverblossom Empire, where I made Peter Ottomas the king, with David, of course, as his heir. Tommy and the twins, who were both male, were each given a new 'dukedom' to govern as they became adults. I found it doubly frustrating: on the one hand, having a very limited gene pool and lack of variety until the boys grew up, and on the other, the hood suddenly mushroomed without any real sense of integration.

I think maybe your idea of adding a new subhood every ten rotations or so might work better, because you won't have long periods of stagnation followed by several new hoods being added in very close succession, followed by further stagnation until the next generation of younger sons grows up.

The other option might be to add a new subhood as your existing hood becomes too full and Sims are starting to have trouble finding suitable accommodation. That would be a much slower and more organic growth, although if you really want to play the HBG hoods it could get pretty frustrating having to wait so long for each new addition.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 7:37 PM Last edited by TadOlson : 10th Nov 2020 at 7:49 PM.
I've got a BACC using the Strangetown template as my main district and will be adding a shopping district as a farming district when the main one starts to fill up and is beginning to get low on space for homesteads as not everybody wants to live in starter homes and move up and because most will take on farming or work in vocations to earn money instead of taking steady jobs in the town's early years.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 8:26 PM
My megahood has all Maxis towns, the recreated ones you mentioned as well as pretty much every nhood shared on MTS. Closest I got to recreating a hood myself was Azalea Acres, a neighborhood that has a lot of TS3>TS2 houses. It can be overwhelming, but with my play style I rarely play families long enough to progress far enough where all the premades get old and die. Every generation of my custom Sims have met Mortimer Goth. He's like the megahood's friendly uncle.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry