Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 6:26 PM
Default Ideas for Androids/Servos/Robots
I am playing a SciFi hood on a distant planet with a variety of species. It would be the perfect place to have a lot of Servos working to create a new community on a planet which isn't great for inhabitation. But Servos kind of suck:
- they aren't customizable so all of them will look the same
- they make those annoying bleep bloop sounds

I am not a modder, but there are lots of great Sims 2 modders. No one I have found has created a trait to make a Sim into a Servo (basically giving them the Servo motives and turning them immortal, with possible the additional push towards doing chores). If someone wanted to do that, it would be cool. But that's not what this thread is about.

What options do you know about that could help make a Sim be a realistic Servo/Android/Robot in your hood?

And I'm not talking about appearance - there's a lot of awesome custom content to make a regular Sim look fantastic.

For Instance:
Hydrophobic Trait
https://hexagonal-bipyramid.tumblr....e-to-showerbath
https://hexagonal-bipyramid.tumblr....eep-swimming-or

This will stop the Servo from going into water or make them unhappy if they did.

Any other mods you know of that would work?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 6:56 PM
I use Pescado's noservochores so that you can play your servo like any other sim without the 'do chores' queue stomping. I simsurgeried her to look like a sim, and she lives with Sim Sample, a Bigfoot and an alien housemate called Homer.

So that's a way of making an android that looks like a sim, instead of the other way round.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 10:20 PM
I know you said it wasn't about appearance but...

There are a number of robot/android skintones available as custom skins for your Sims.
You can easily change any teen/adult/elder Sim into a servo using SimPE by changing the orig. GUID in their character file. (You can't change a servo back to a Sim, however, and you should never change a pet to a servo as that will crash your game.) I've never tried changing a Sim younger than teen so I don't know if that will work.

So if you wanted varied servo appearance, you can create unique robot/android/servo looking Sims in CAS, import them into the game and then change them into actual servos using SimPE. That's how I made the two servos I use as the cemetery keepers in my neighborhood graveyard.

Attached are two pictures of example robot/android skintones.
Screenshots

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Forum Resident
#4 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 11:21 PM
You might enjoy Deedee's Plumbot Clothes Project: https://deedee-sims.tumblr.com/post...thes-project-so

aka fir3princ3ss
My Youtube Channel
Currently playing:
-Medieval Charter Challenge on The Sims 2
-Ye Olde Royal Kingdom Challenge on The Sims 3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 2:33 AM
Forgive my complete lack of knowledge, but I was directed to this post made by Chris Hatch some time ago, which would allow a Sim to become a Servo:

Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Yes, you need to locate the sim's character file, open it in SimPE and change the Original GUID to that of the servo template (0xD07B9CE9), next time the sim loads it will be a real servo. Only do this on adult humans, don't ever try it on a pet (that will crash the game).

Where do you find the GUID in SimPE?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 3:01 AM Last edited by pianogrinder : 19th Nov 2020 at 3:14 AM.
I've been making sims in robot clothing with human heads. Cyborgs. To me they're more approachable and more fun to have in the game
Those plumbot sets I've been looking forever for those. Thanks for the link.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#7 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Coriel_Muroz
Forgive my complete lack of knowledge, but I was directed to this post made by Chris Hatch some time ago, which would allow a Sim to become a Servo:

Where do you find the GUID in SimPE?

Open the Sim's Character File in SimPE, select the Object Data in the Resource Tree, the Sim in the Resource List and then the Orig. GUID will show along the left side of the Plugin View. Only change the Orig. GUID, remember to Commit the change, and save the Character file.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth