Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 2:38 PM
what annoys you most about your sims?
We all love the sims, but, there must be SOME things that really do your head in when playing the sims.

I hate it when i tell them to do something and something LITTLE gets in there way, they stamp thier foot and make the same stupid moan...if you know what i mean? lol anyway share yours
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 2:42 PM
They never do as I say! How hard is it to pick up a puppy and walk off of the foundation??!! WITH the puppy? Urgh...
#3 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 2:53 PM
- teens cannot do woohoo (it strides against the nature!!!)
- twins are never identical unless I clone the parents
- I seem to be getting too many twins
- I cannot move the sims out of a house without getting all the furni deleted. I hate furnishing at times. Especially in big houses.
- some of my sims make enemies with other sims without any good reason. They just end up fighting.
Inventor
#4 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 2:57 PM
...that they don't get their little butts into gear when I (have to) tell them to take care of the needs that are in the red (i.e. go to the toilet, eat, sleep) but rather stand around whining and waving at me.

I told you what to do, now go do it allready!

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 3:02 PM
Anther thing that really annoys me, it might be just me but...when sims have a baby 97% of the time its a boy! why carnt it be a girl? alwaaaaays a boy, not been playing the sims for long but ive only had 2 girls! had about 14 boys though lol its so stupid.....
and also when i do have a boy, when its a toddler they always look the same...lol
is it just mine?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 3:07 PM
- When I tell my sims to chat on their computer, after 2 seconds they are playing SSX
- When I tell them they should watch the cooking channel, they turn off the tv after only 5 sim-minutes or so.
- I can't tell my sims to visit the house of another sim...
- visitors never visit you, with their car... What are they (the cars) used for... to look nice and just stand there?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 3:14 PM
It kinda bothers me that twins are never identical. Sometimes I have ones that are similiar, but never identical. Most often they are a boy girl set. Also, I think the "Hey I'm going into Bladder Failure...but maybe I should have a cup of coffee" is pretty stupid. I think someone mentioned on a different thread how annoying the Turn Ons and Turn Offs are. I mean, great idea, but c'mon swimwear? That's not a physical or personality trait, that's an outfit. At least a couple personality trait turn ons/turn offs would be cool.
Inventor
#8 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 3:42 PM
Swimwear and underwear are perfectly natural attractions....

...for adolecent males :p

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 3:52 PM
I hate how even when I turn off Free Will mode, they still seem to have a mind of their own.
Those little jokers don't always follow commands. :P
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 4:44 PM
The same as the rest of you for me The fact that even with free will off, they don't do what I tell them to.
I had one sim, about to pass out standing about 3 squares away from his bed, nothing in the way, refusing to go to sleep. :rant: I let him pass out & deprived him of food for a few days. :D

My name is Loren.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 4:59 PM
The fact my game(s) is uninstalled and I still need a paycheck to buy the new desktop O.O

And ... of course .... Nannies!

Ooooh, my signature was too old, but I don't have anything to write now...
Field Researcher
#12 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 5:16 PM
I hate that they're constantly trying to do things that just two seconds ago I told them not to do. Especially pillowfights, playing catch, and waterballoon fights. I want to freakin' strangle them all! XO

I NEED a no-autonomous waterballoon fight and catch hack to keep these buggers in line. *waits for Squinge to make one* :\

-Holy Hell!-
The cement is just - it's there for the weight dear!

Nice 'n' easy does it everytime...
Mad Poster
#13 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 5:30 PM
It bugs me whenever they go on a date to a restaurant and they never sit at the same table, yet they talk to each other as if they were. I need to put two tables on the same spot to get them to look like they actually having luch together. And I find it funny when they get trapped into places and fly over to a free spot.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#14 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 5:49 PM
Long-distance arm-stretching massages, which is all they'll do now that I have Seasons.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 5:54 PM
Always playing that computer. Hey i told you to get skills up not play SSX!

It's to the point where i only give them a computer when i need them to use then i sell it.
#16 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 6:04 PM
I have a few.

a) Taking forever to load
b) Spontanious combustion
c)LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG
d) Sims that don't listen
e) Downloads are too pretty. I want them all
ei) If I download any more, my computer may die
eii) Must download unnecessary stuff that will be used once =]
Test Subject
#17 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 7:10 PM
I hate, hate, hate it when they are done feeding their babies and just leave the bottle on the floor...same goes with diapers and coffee cups. I also hate it when teen sims put their homework in spots where I can't find it and I have to pause the game to go looking for their bloody books.
Inventor
#18 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 7:11 PM
Two words. Well, three xD

"IT'S SNOWING/RAINING!!111!!!"
Forum Resident
#19 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 7:12 PM
NANNIES....

lol i bet people would think i'm the most old fashioned person ever cause i play with the mom never having a job (unless she's single)..... but its because i fear the nannie and the social worker :D

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Theorist
#20 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 7:16 PM
What bothers me the most is that the programmers apparently think we, the players, are so stupid we'll actually enjoy sims attempting to fill a fun meter that's down 10% while they pee themselves!

Maybe I'm too old, but I just don't appreciate all the stupidities that are built into Sims when a simple change in programming could've made them so much smarter.

I find it totally annoying that I have to run my game with several hundred hacks just to make it enjoyable and playable.

I also agree about all the furnishings being sold from a house when a Sim moves. I use Inge's Stay Things shrub if my sims aren't taking their current possessions with them.

There are probably more things but my brain's a little slow this morning.
Site Helper
#21 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 7:27 PM
No matter what you do a vampire moves into a new house at 10:00 in the MORNING!!!

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#22 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 7:53 PM
Most of mine have been said, but what the heck, I'll say them again!

* The nanny: totally pointless. Children should be able to be home alone because the nanny does NOTHING for them. Infants and toddlers I can understand the need, but not for children.

* "It's snowing/raining"... While my sims are sleeping they will get up to three actions in their queue for "It's raining/snowing" or they will stop whatever (important) action they are doing to marvel at the weather they have seen A MILLION TIMES!

* Not being able to move around things logically. I can understand cancelling "boring" actions like studying or homework to go play a video game (happens to me all the time IRL!) But not being able to skinny around a chair that might be a LITTLE BIT in the way? Come on!

* I know it's cute, but I can't stand it when kids drop whatever they are doing to go hug their parent who just got home from work. I'll get a whole queue lined for a child and they bail on the whole thing to go give mom a hug...grrr!

* Not related to game play, but I hate how long it takes to load. I don't have too much CC or that many decorations, but everything takes SO LONG to load up!!
Test Subject
#23 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 8:08 PM
I hate that the parents and teen children are always doting on the baby! If the baby isn't crying leave it be for God's sake! When they get hungry or have a dirty diaper they'll cry..geez! And the teens..they should be doing homework or socializing, not worrying about the baby (unless babysitting) :smash:

I also hate the nannies. I never use them now..learned my lesson.

I hate how quick Sim kids freeze. I grew up in the Rocky Mountains and I could play in the snow all day and not freeze as long as I wore layers.

I hate angry Sims who come and kick the trash over. You have to keep watching for that because if you don't clean it up quick enough you get vermin and then have to call the exterminator!

Oh, and I hate that they all become obsessed with stomping on the vermin, and then they cry when they are dead!

I hate that you can't sit down and feed the Sim babies. It's ridiculous that you have to stand and feed them. I don't know any parent who stands and feeds their baby, unless they have absolutely no choice!

P.S. cinnamon_gurl - It doesn't work with diapers, but with bottles, you can delete them in buy/build mode..I started doing that instead of wasting time having them throw it in the trash.
#24 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 8:49 PM
I also hate how the furniture doesn't stay in the house! I'll spend days furnishing a house, and then it's time for my sims to move into a bigger house and all my hard work is gone! D<

And I can't stand how all my sims want to do is make out! And it's not just the romance sims, it's the family sims, the fortune sims...all of them! I had a couple die in a fire because they where too busy making out. o_0;; And don't get me started on fires started because of making out.

Sims also are obsessed with the fridge. I'll have a sim who's not even hungry start making some huge meal. o_o; And if I have a whole family hungry, they'll each start making a bunch of individual meals while one makes a serving meal. >___<;; I swear about 70% of my fridge's food is wasted this way!
Inventor
#25 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kirsi
I hate most of the Sims' voices, especially the ones for teens and elders.

Thank you for reminding me of that one!
I cannot stand the voices sometimes. They should give you a variety of voices to choose from while creating your sim so they don't all have the same annoying one.
Page 1 of 9