Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#226 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 4:26 PM
One of my sims went into the hot tub. La did da all is well.
Next moment, rain!
And of course she dies

Coincidence....?
....I think not

Guess what cheese
Advertisement
#227 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amairani
oops...
But if a playable Sim dies on vacation lot, what happens to the tombstone?

I had the "Move Grave" option when I clicked it, because I have Nightlife. So I sent it to the community graveyard.
Mad Poster
#228 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 10:42 PM
This is more "fun with EA" AND "fun with ACR".

One of my Sims was ready for the Secret Society, and I tried to make sure that she could be "kidnapped" easily by making her wait outside.

One thing ... I forgot to turn off ACR.

Next thing is that I'm waiting for her to leave in the limo., waiting for her ... Wait, where is she?

She and the cop are happily woo-hooing in the sack, and the limo just leaves. This was NOT the desired result.

Problem is that when I tried the scenario again (I didn't save, just in case) and turned off the autonomous ACR functions, she and a DIFFERENT cop are flirting with each other, she STILL didn't get in the limo, and the cop and she were still left behind ... flirting away. This Sim of mine must have something for police officers. She seems to like being handcuffed first, too, though somehow, she manages to get out of them to flirt.

I guess I should delete the ACR token in the future, not simply make sure that all the autonomous and possibly-autonomous actions are off.

After trying this repeatedly with ACR off, and with different cops, and still getting the same result, I simply cheated her way into Secret Society. I gave up at that point. I guess I should have her marry a police officer if they like each other so much!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#229 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 11:32 PM
Love it. You must have the minimum relationship settings set very low for a sim to be woohooing cops she's (presumably?) never met before.

Question: Does having an ACR adjuster on-lot make some autonomy (woohoo? ) possible even if autonomy is specifically turned off for particular sims?
Theorist
#230 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 6:04 PM
Antonio Santerre was a former NPC-barista.
Since the day he becomes a playable, he's always making an appearance in each household I'm playing. This never happened to me before.
Well he's not that outgoing but he's really nice. I also notice that he's highly interested in politics.
I'm wondering what he's trying to tell me.
#231 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 11:35 PM
Darren and Cassandra Goth (He took her last name because they are going to live in the Goth Manor) are on their honeymoon!
So yes, they went to Twikkii Island.
Everything is a-okay: Darren is working on his sand castle and Cassandra is looking for sea shells.
Of course it's raining, but it seemed like a light drizzle because people are out hula dancing and in the water and stuff, nobody is in the hotel.
Then BOOM! Cassandra got struck...

Can preggers sims in the game that are struck by lightning lose the baby? Because he got her pregnant the night he proposed, and the bumps not visible, but she stopped throwing up.
Top Secret Researcher
#232 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
Darren and Cassandra Goth (He took her last name because they are going to live in the Goth Manor) are on their honeymoon!
So yes, they went to Twikkii Island.
Everything is a-okay: Darren is working on his sand castle and Cassandra is looking for sea shells.
Of course it's raining, but it seemed like a light drizzle because people are out hula dancing and in the water and stuff, nobody is in the hotel.
Then BOOM! Cassandra got struck...

Can preggers sims in the game that are struck by lightning lose the baby? Because he got her pregnant the night he proposed, and the bumps not visible, but she stopped throwing up.

Miscarriages only happen if you have inteen, and even then, it's very blatant.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Banned
#233 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 2:09 AM
First time this ever happened that I saw and I've been playing since within a week of the game was released. The wife/mother finished cooking (and not burning) hamburgers and she went "woo!woo!woo! (think Curly from the 3 Stooges) -Ayyyee-yahhh!"
#234 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 4:01 AM
I found cheeseburger...

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Scholar
#235 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8

Are they still on vacation? Pregnancies are frozen on vacation lots and will only start to progress once your sims come back home.

For the throwing up, well, that depends on the sim. Some sims will never have any morning sickness, others will throw up once or twice, others will throw up 3-5 times, and some poor sims will seemingly do nothing but throw up.
Test Subject
#236 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 12:00 PM
My Rory Williams sim burnt to death on his second day (who catches on fire by burning leaves anyway?)
Pretty ironic if you watch Doctor Who and considering that he was my first sim to die.
Lab Assistant
#237 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 5:32 PM
I can't think of anything funny that happened in my game, but I remember something that my aunt witnessed in The Sims 1.

Now, back in 2002/2003, we had the Sims 1 and were very into it. My aunt came over and played it every so often. Her family which consisted of herself and some random guy she made as her husband, let's call him Joe Schmoe, lived in the big mansion in Neighborhood 1. Their everyday lives were pretty normal as the wife worked in some career (forget what one) and Joe Schmoe was in the criminal career track.

One day when my aunt was playing her family, the wife was asleep and the husband went to work for the night. Around 1 am in the game, the burglar came onto the lot. You remember how the burglar's name was always "Some Sneaky Sim"? Well, not on that visit. The burglar's name was "Joe Schmoe", my aunt's Sim. It was hilarious, we were laughing since it was odd that someone it the criminal career would rob their own house.

Oh, The Sims 1, how it had some funny quirks about it that gave it that awesome "feeling" every time you played it.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#238 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
Antonio Santerre was a former NPC-barista.
Since the day he becomes a playable, he's always making an appearance in each household I'm playing. This never happened to me before.
Well he's not that outgoing but he's really nice. I also notice that he's highly interested in politics.
I'm wondering what he's trying to tell me.

Politicians are never nice. I think it's a rule or something.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#239 Old 13th Apr 2013 at 1:53 AM
I made a house-less residential lot for a homeless man. He gets sick and spreads illness everywhere. It's great. I knew you could put fish on the ground or as a plaque on walls. I did not know the penguin would eat fish left on the ground! That was for me, "Oh, I thought I would never learn another new thing from this game!"
Scholar
#240 Old 13th Apr 2013 at 2:05 AM
Well, a few moments ago, one of romance sims had fallen in love with a townie and I had them woohoo on the stairs. Right before that, he'd called the exterminator (bc his ex kept knocking over the trashcan) and when she arrived and saw them on the stairs, she started cheering. This is not a free show, lady, avert your eyes!

Also, one of my sims flirted with a teenage girl....who is his son's girlfriend
#241 Old 13th Apr 2013 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimGameFan
Tell stories of weird or funny things that happened in your game.

One time I had a family that had a mom and a child daughter. The mom wet herself and right after she was done the little girl splashed in the puddle.

When I was playing with a sim in university, I expiramented with the stretch skeleton cheat, and then with boolprop I made her pregnant. When she gave birth, instead of holding the baby under the arms, she held it by the head. She held it normaly after that.

My story is weird and funny but also borderline annoying.

There was this one townie Sim who came to my lot and stole the newspaper away, when I planned to find a job for one Sim of the family I was playing. So, I had to wait another day to search for a job. Bummer.
Forum Resident
#242 Old 22nd May 2013 at 8:44 PM
Sorry to resurrect, but as soon as this happened I knew I had to find this thread and post....

Two families in my neighborhood have been friends since the second generation were mere toddlers. Now, the oldest of the second generation are teen/adult and are beginning to find mates. Well, the oldest boy from the Steele family, Eric, fell in love with the oldest girl from the Hamrick family, Angela, and they have been dating since they were teens. One day, Eric invited Angela over to his house in the hopes of proposing to her. Before Angela arrived, Eric's mother Jessica showed up on the lot and made her way into the house uninvited. Of course, Eric couldn't kick his own mother out of the house so he just went on about his business in the hopes that Jessica would get bored and leave.

Anyway, Angela showed up and Eric greeted her with a kiss as usual. Things were proceeding as normal until ACR had Eric and Angela making their way into the bedroom. As soon as they got ready to jump under the covers, Jessica walked right into the bedroom and stood at the foot of the bed, smiling and nodding while the couple did their thing. As soon as they finished, the couple got out of the bed and Jessica walked over to Angela and started shaking her finger and what appeared to be lecturing Angela. The funny things was it looked like Jessica was lecturing Angela and telling her to cook for Eric! First, the speech bubble over Jessica's head was a picture of Eric, then cooking instruments appeared while Jessica made the motions of stirring something in a bowl.

I swear, Jessica was saying, "If you are going to be doing this stuff with my son, you better cook good for him afterwards!"

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#243 Old 22nd May 2013 at 10:59 PM
I do hope Angela was saying 'not a chance, he can bloody well cook for himself.'

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#244 Old 23rd May 2013 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I do hope Angela was saying 'not a chance, he can bloody well cook for himself.'

It's very possible, if only for the chance to get on Jessica's nerves. Those two hate each other for some reason.

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Page 10 of 10