Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 9:05 AM
Default Cohabitation
I was looking at some screenshots at GameSpot.com and noticed an interesting icon.

It appears you will need to train your pets to cohabitate well.

This got me wondering if I actually want to have to deal with the effort of having cats and dogs in the same household. I'm both a cat AND dog owner, but raising them since they were bubs means I never had to worry about making them get along (they're like sisters).

[Edit] Can you think of anything else that icon might be?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 9:41 AM
I think it is something like teaching toddler to walk, talk, etc. If you want your dog behaving well, you should teach it. Nothing so terrifying!
#3 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 10:28 AM
You could be right eden. But I don't think two friendly animals will automatically hate each other - I think you could gain the 'friendliness towards other animals' thing by congratulating good relations as well as telling off bad ones.

Dogs that are agressive to other animals would probably be better guards against strays
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 7:43 PM
I agree that it could be alot of work to train them but then again, I want the game to be as realistic as possible and training your pets is just something you have to do.
#5 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 7:51 PM
Very cool! Nice find.
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2006 at 2:37 AM
It probably has more to do with temperment than species. Even so, I'm sure if you raise animals from puppies/kittens they'll be able to cohabitate just as they do when you do that in reality.
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 8:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Trissle
Dogs that are agressive to other animals would probably be better guards against strays

Oo, very true. I hadn't thought of that. I can just imagine a goofy dog trying to befriend a skunk...
Scholar
#8 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 5:56 PM
You know what I find strange?

The Pleasents are still alive in their game.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 7:19 PM
I wouldn't call it 'their game' because they're not playing it, but making it I don't think they play long enough to let them grow older.
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 7:47 AM
Definitely - they'd spend more time testing code than 'playing'.
That's how it was for my mates who made Driver. The closest they'd get to playing was testing if specific things did/n't work, and hunting for bugs.