Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 10:20 PM
I wonder...... I have heard so much about grimpregnation. I know you can make a sim pregnant with Grimmie with Simpe, Insim or boolprop but I've actually heard about someone who have had it happening naturally. I've heard stories about Grimmie coming to a sim female's house when a family member (maybe esp. husband) has died. and I've read that the Grimmie has woohooed them or impregnated them in some way.
Is it true???
Where do I have these stories from if it's 100% false?
I know it can happen with simpe, insim or boolprop but is there a 1% chance that it can happen in the game naturally?
Advertisement
#27 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 10:22 PM
uhhh... It probably can becasue EAxis, in OFB... that lady with the flower shop apprently had woo-hoo with the grim reaper in her memories. I don't think EAxis would put that memory in the game if it couldn't be possible without cheating or using a hack.

-Claire :D
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 10:29 PM
1306 - Yes, you can get multiple wishing wells, and the using it too often thing only applies per well - so you can have two wells and switch from using one to another.

princesshaichu - Likely that hair is done with family values (not like, morals, but, um, what makes it so you can put a sim in CAS in a red hair, then switch to black and have the same style in a black hair). If there's more than one black hair assigned to the same family, it might default to the wrong one. This can be fixed by having multiple family values for a single hair if you have more than one colour in a particular bin. Nouk does this, but folks like Peggy do not.

The Oceanborn - There is no chance that the grim reaper will woohoo with your sims without some serious cheating or hacks.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 10:45 PM
Quote:
The Oceanborn - There is no chance that the grim reaper will woohoo with your sims without some serious cheating or hacks.

That's weird because I've heard so many stories about sims who were impregnated or woohooed by Grimmie after someone were killed or after a sim was saved from death.
Are there any hacks that makes Grimmie do that? Well this is not a CC question but I just wonder if you know about hacks which can cause that.
It could as well have been a normal sim dressed in Grimmies clothes but why would he/she come to a sim's house after someone were died or saved from death?
And some people could have just joked or lied as well........
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 10:46 PM
The_Oceanborn - You can make a normal sim dressed in grimmie clothes but they won't come to a sim's house after death any more than a normal sim would, and they won't behave as grimmie. Anyone who said that was joking or lying.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Field Researcher
#31 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
The_Oceanborn - You can make a normal sim dressed in grimmie clothes but they won't come to a sim's house after death any more than a normal sim would, and they won't behave as grimmie. Anyone who said that was joking or lying.

I wonder if this is a myth among simmers because many people seem to believe that. Have you noticed? Many people have said this cannot happen but still I've read some simmers say it has happened. To me it seems very unlikely but maybe there could be a 0, 1000 % chance of it happen. Are you 100% sure if this myth is false? Any proofs?
Sorry for being fussy but I've wondered about this for a long time.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 10:55 PM
It is 100% false. That just won't happen. There's plenty of simmers that say their sims got twins from eating cookies, or had a girl because their sims woohooed on a Thursday, but that's also not true. Grimmie's scripted to do certain things, and woohoo ain't one of them at all.

Field Researcher
#33 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 11:01 PM
It is 100% false. That just won't happen. There's plenty of simmers that say their sims got twins from eating cookies, or had a girl because their sims woohooed on a Thursday, but that's also not true. Grimmie's scripted to do certain things, and woohoo ain't one of them at all.

Ok. I understand. Maybe it looked like Grimmie impregnated their sim for the ones who claimed it?
I agree there. One of the most widespread myths is that sims with high logic skills are more likely to get abducted by aliens. That's nonsense.

But I wonder........ Why do romance sims have this strut walk? I didn't actually notice before a month ago when Don Lothario walked. It just seems so weird.....
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 11:12 PM
Maybe, but they would have had to make that happen themselves. It wouldn't have just happened randomly as woohoo is not autonomous, and they would have had to make a sim that looks like the grim reaper intentionally, and invited it over after a death, and told their sims to try for baby with it.

Romance sims have a strut walk when they're going to do a romantic interaction. Direct a romance sim to, say, flirt with another one, and they'll do that silly little strut. It's just the way they work. I think there's a hack to correct that if it bugs you.

Field Researcher
#35 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 11:24 PM
Quote:
Romance sims have a strut walk when they're going to do a romantic interaction. Direct a romance sim to, say, flirt with another one, and they'll do that silly little strut. It's just the way they work. I think there's a hack to correct that if it bugs you.

Nah. It doesn't bug me at all. I love that little strut on Don Lothario. Pity the other aspiration don't have these kinds of features.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 6:37 AM
Well, Grimmie may not be able to woohoo, but his genetics are oddly fantastic!
#37 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 7:42 AM
I tried asking this in the University section a while ago and was unable to get an answer.

Do you absolutely have to attach a University subhood for your sims to go to college? Could you, in theory, rezone a residential or community lot from your base hood into a dorm and send young adults there?

I just really hate having a whole new neighborhood for a college. D:
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 2:31 PM
Tumnu5 - You must attach a University suburb for your sims to be able to go to college.

Mad Poster
#39 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 9:52 PM
If you go to this post, third post from top, you'll find a link to two hacks that will allow you to go to college from main hood. You'll then have to manually shift the college clock with insim becuase it won't run on it's own. you'll miss a lot of college interactions, no mascots or professors and such, but it still works and it's a nice option to have. Never understood maxsi's fixation on having subhoods, life is much simpler without them.

I'm a bit confused with sneaking out. I had one teen living on her own who had the option on the phone and she snak out with her brother, but teens living at home are not getting it. Is there a certain time you have to do it, or a certain day of week? both knew other teens, one was going out with a teen and had the want to sneak out, but never got the chance to do it.
Test Subject
#40 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 9:58 PM
Maybe, but they would have had to make that happen themselves. It wouldn't have just happened randomly as woohoo is not autonomous, and they would have had to make a sim that looks like the grim reaper intentionally, and invited it over after a death, and told their sims to try for baby with it.

About WhoHoo not being autonomous... This happened a while ago, but...

I had put to sims relaxing together on a bed, and the next second, they were WhoHooing! Of course, I was going to make them Try for Baby anyway, but...

Of course, it might have been me pressing it and forgetting, but I don't think so... :devil2:
retired moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 10:00 PM
xBTAx - Do you have Autonomous Casual Romance (the hack)? Or maybe Lizzlove's bed? Without hacks or hacked objects woohoo is never autonomous. Ever.

Forum Resident
#42 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by princesshaichu
Well, Grimmie may not be able to woohoo, but his genetics are oddly fantastic!

Where/Who do the genetics come from? Is it just random?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#43 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
I'm a bit confused with sneaking out. I had one teen living on her own who had the option on the phone and she snak out with her brother, but teens living at home are not getting it. Is there a certain time you have to do it, or a certain day of week? both knew other teens, one was going out with a teen and had the want to sneak out, but never got the chance to do it.

"Sneak out" should be an option on the phone after 10pm (unless the teen has permission to go out).
Theorist
#44 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 9:17 AM
Does moveobjects on work in userstartup.cheat? It doesn't work in my game.....
Mad Poster
#45 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
"Sneak out" should be an option on the phone after 10pm (unless the teen has permission to go out).

I'll have to try it after ten, I was trying after six and nine.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 11:29 AM
RabbitRoadkill - Grimmie still has the genetics of a regular sim, it's just that they're hidden.

treeag - I wouldn't put it on by default as it'll keep you from being able to place diagonal doors and windows. I'd put it in as an alias instead so you can enter it quickly.

Theorist
#47 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 12:04 PM
ok thanks for some reason I was having a blonde moment and I didn't even think about making an alias for it. Got another question, though.

Is there anything I can do to move it to give more space?
Forum Resident
#48 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
ok thanks for some reason I was having a blonde moment and I didn't even think about making an alias for it. Got another question, though.

Is there anything I can do to move it to give more space?

If i remember rightly..someone asked this (they had a widescreen monitor) and there was no solution...it was asked in the WCIF i think....
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 12:34 PM
treeag - Only things you can do are change your resolution to a non-widescreen, or get a camera mod that allows you to zoom out further.

Top Secret Researcher
#50 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 2:30 PM
Got another question:

What does the "Impart Knowledge" do to your sims? It's in Free Time, and it's one of the Knowledge Sim's so-called rewards.
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Continued on new thread.
Page 2 of 35