Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#126 Old 5th May 2008 at 3:10 PM
I don't have any social worker hacks... and they've been stuck in a room together, so neither of them has gotten any sleep because one of them is always crying and waking up the other one.

I'll try the radio though and see what happens. If she STILL won't come then I'll just have to figure out a way to get everyone in the house to leave at the same time so that they're left alone. Maybe that'll do it. It's too bad I don't have Seasons, it'd probably make it a lot easier to do this. XD
Advertisement
#127 Old 5th May 2008 at 3:56 PM
well at this rate, they'll probably be kids soon. it's alot easier to get rid of kids, in my opinion. just see if he can find a job that doesn't end until way after the kids come home from school. but it is weird because it sounds like a glitch if it takes that long.
Forum Resident
#128 Old 5th May 2008 at 4:42 PM
Just one quick question.

Can you turn that thing in the square off (forgot how you call it )? Because I'm making a movie and I don't want it to show...

Thanks in advance!
Field Researcher
#129 Old 5th May 2008 at 4:57 PM
maxing out all skills should work for a lot of those things but not for the ones that show how far you are with something, and headlines off doesn't work neither. anyway, i would like to know ti too
Field Researcher
#130 Old 5th May 2008 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by musiquefille
well at this rate, they'll probably be kids soon. it's alot easier to get rid of kids, in my opinion. just see if he can find a job that doesn't end until way after the kids come home from school. but it is weird because it sounds like a glitch if it takes that long.

Well, the thing is, he's a vampire. He has two teen daughters who go to school every day, but he can't leave the house at the same time they do, and if I got him a night job then they'd be home while he was gone.

I ended up downloading something that lets you put toddlers and children up for adoption, and that worked, so they're FINALLY gone. It's too bad their real father couldn't have just come over and taken them...
Site Helper
#131 Old 6th May 2008 at 6:07 AM
Actually a vampire can leave the house during the day if you are careful. Put a coffin in the garage near the car, and make sure the vampire is listed as the owner of the car.

You can even take him to a community lot if he knows how to mediate and you are quick to queue it up as soon as he arrives on the lot. He will scorch a bit before he gets the idea, but if he was in good shape before that he will be ok. You can always feed him, let him shower, etc. when he gets home and it's dark.

ETA: MATY has a hack to show that progress bar for novels, so if anybody has made a hack to hide it I would check there first.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Forum Resident
#132 Old 6th May 2008 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leenetje
maxing out all skills should work for a lot of those things but not for the ones that show how far you are with something, and headlines off doesn't work neither. anyway, i would like to know ti too

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you mean excactly... :sorry:

So there is no way to make those things go away?
Scholar
#133 Old 6th May 2008 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Avaluna
I'm sorry, but I don't know what you mean excactly... :sorry:

So there is no way to make those things go away?

I've read people say that they have deleted those before (with moveobjects on) but i've never tried it. I don't remember seeing them when my sims had maxed skills though. What that means is, you can either cheat, or once they've reached full green bars in that skill, the blue thing shouldn't show anymore.
Forum Resident
#134 Old 6th May 2008 at 3:11 PM
Yes. I maxed that Sims skills out and that thingy didn't show anymore. So yay! Thanks for the answers.
Instructor
#135 Old 6th May 2008 at 5:03 PM
random stupidity from me (i am so good at it), if i install a a more recent sp than ep do i use the sp icon?

for example if i install k&b and my latest ep was FT do i use the ft icon or the k&b icon to load the game?

i feel like a complete moron asking since i should know this by now,lol.

My policy is: If you have any complaints about anything at all...I hate you.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#136 Old 6th May 2008 at 9:47 PM
longdaysend - Use the icon for the latest EP. I've never used an SP icon to run the game and that's always worked fine for me. If you try to use the wrong icon it'll just error anyway and tell you which one is the right one.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#137 Old 6th May 2008 at 11:49 PM
thanks HP, thats what i thought but i'm cautious to a fault when it comes to my computer,lol.

My policy is: If you have any complaints about anything at all...I hate you.
Top Secret Researcher
#138 Old 7th May 2008 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cinamun
I've read people say that they have deleted those before (with moveobjects on) but i've never tried it.

You can't delete the progress bars with just move_Objects on. The final option is to just max out those skills.

My own question:
I've heard that in Seasons some things about the sims improve better in a certain season. What are they?
Theorist
#139 Old 7th May 2008 at 2:50 AM
IIRC, (correct me if I'm wrong)
Spring = love
Summer = friendship
Fall = skill
Winter = family
Top Secret Researcher
#140 Old 7th May 2008 at 2:53 AM
I'm guessing that explains those little snowflakes and leaves circling around the skill bars. Thanks!
Test Subject
#141 Old 8th May 2008 at 7:15 PM
Does anyone know if there is a way to invite as many guests as you want to parties? Or at least more than two at a time? Because I had a wedding and could only invite two, which sucked XD
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 8th May 2008 at 7:19 PM
I was wondering, if you have a male teenager, but dont have Uni installed, and he gets alien abducted...can he get pregnant or what?
Scholar
#143 Old 8th May 2008 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cchagdes
I was wondering, if you have a male teenager, but dont have Uni installed, and he gets alien abducted...can he get pregnant or what?

If you have Inteen then I suppose that he could. Without Inteen, then nope. But the chances of a sim getting adbucted are pretty low, unless you have hacks.

Quote: Originally posted by CheshireImp
Does anyone know if there is a way to invite as many guests as you want to parties? Or at least more than two at a time? Because I had a wedding and could only invite two, which sucked XD

Clicky
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 8th May 2008 at 7:31 PM
Thanks...i had a feeling i needed a hack...no biggie...i was just always curious..lol....

i had to kind of spam this thread but kind of goes on the line of the whole teenager thing...its says that in the main book that a teenager (with small siblings (children, toddlers, babies)) well the adults can move out and the teenager can take care of them, does that actually work? i thought about doing that on a sims family but i didn't know if if i did, if the kids would end up getting taken away or if i get a notice that there has to be AT LEAST one adult sim...i'm crazy what do you expect...lol :joy:
#145 Old 8th May 2008 at 7:37 PM
There is a hack for the alien abduction on MTS2 that requires Inteen, but the function does not come with Inteen. It is at http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=184470.
Field Researcher
#146 Old 8th May 2008 at 7:46 PM
yeah a teenager can take care just as fine as a grown-up sim can do. they won't leave either if the school bus arrives and there are still younger kids on the lot that need taken care of, same as afdult sims and their work.
Test Subject
#147 Old 8th May 2008 at 10:24 PM
Thanks Ferret II! :D
Instructor
#148 Old 9th May 2008 at 3:35 AM
I was wondering, and i think i've seen this somewhere before, but is there a tutorial that shows how to add fat and pregnant morphs to clothes in Simpe?
Lab Assistant
#149 Old 9th May 2008 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Laughy
I was wondering, and i think i've seen this somewhere before, but is there a tutorial that shows how to add fat and pregnant morphs to clothes in Simpe?

I believe you'd have to rework/add to the mesh to allow for the extra morphs. Try checking the meshing tutorials on the wiki.

And, so I don't double post, I have a possibly stupid question of my own.... If you have an elder couple in a house by themselves, who have grown children in their own houses, what happens to the elder's house when they die? Does one of thier children inherit it? And do the objects in the house remain, or would they inherit an empty house? Or do the heirs just get a cash split of what it would have been worth had the elders moved out and gotten the cash value for it with the lot becoming simply vacant and available for purchase by someone else?
Field Researcher
#150 Old 9th May 2008 at 6:31 PM
Are older adult female sims just less fertile, like real middle-aged women? My Scarlet had her third miscarriage this morning, with 12 or 13 days left to elderhood, and after five pregnancies (ten kids if you count her two CAS-made children). It's very upsetting to see her that way :c but I do want her to have a blonde child. (And no, there's no firstborn syndrome happening.)
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Continued on new thread.
Page 6 of 35