Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 8:02 PM
Your Greatest Sim Tragedies!
After the death of one of my Sims, I began thinking of her short life (as she was a NPC) as a Sim as a kind of a tragedy/sad story (if it was real). And then, I wondered, if anyone else had had any terrible events in a Sim of theirs life? And did it end badly? Please feel free to post it as a kind of story.

Here's mine:
Brandi (not Brandi Broke), fell in love with Alexander Goth. They got married, and she moved in. To feel like she really fitted into such a posh house, she started wearing elaborate, expensive dresses, make-up, and styling her hair in intricate styles, and began thinking of herself as a VIP, and changed her name to Brandice. She hired a gardener, but unfortunatly, the gardener, Calista Despret, got trapped and died of hunger near the graveyard, while Brandice was hosting a house party. More on that later.

When her twin sons were born, she named them Lancelot and Lombard, and by this time, the Goth manor had become more posh. She then had a daughter, Henrietta, and some time later, had a son - Mortimer. She was detirmined to preserve the image of the Goth family as 'social royalty'.

With Henrietta, she raised her as an exact (but miniture) copy of herself, all the way to how she dressed. It was Mortimer and Henrietta's birthday on the same day, and following the party Henrietta moved out. However, the day after, and with Mortimer about to attend private school, Brandice Goth reached her golden years. But that very day, she got scared to death by that gardener, Calista Despret.

Edit: The main events did happen on the Sims, but the other parts of it I have added to make it more of a story, and more interesting to read. For example, when I updated her appearence the more elaborate hair styles and make-up suited her better, which gave me the idea for her to very posh.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 9:55 AM
Oh yes, tragedies! I have one:

There once was a girl named Marthe. She fell in love with a guy called Mitch. They got married and lived in a cute cottage in Pleasantview. Marthe deliverd a daughter, Maureen. Soon after Maureen's toddler transition, she had a little sister Melanie.

But Marthe had met a very rich businnes man called (I forgot his name :p) Landgraab. She moved out, taking little Melanie with her. Maureen decided to stay with her poor dad. Marthe got pregnant of Landgraab (although she was close to elderhood and he was a very young adult) and gave birth to a son, Moris.

Mitch had also met a new love, called Laura. She too was way younger and Maureen didn't like her at all. Maureen left for college, right after Laura and her dad announced that she was getting another brother or sister. Laura gave birth to a girl whose name I forgot. When the little girl turned into a toddler, her mother Laura was cheating on Mitch with (the guy who wears a blue polo shirt and lives with his old mother and has a lot of shops :p).

Mitch found out and Laura left him. He was so depressed he neglected his little daughter and she got taken away. Now Mitch is an elder and lives in a trailer. Maureen doesn't want to see him again, Melanie doesn't come very often either and he has only one friend, a street dog.
#3 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 6:53 PM
Well, my tragedy was mostly my fault :banghead:

Thomas and Kate were married and had one daughter, Annie. Then Kate decided she had the hots for the maid, Remington Harris. Kate had a few lapses of infidelity, so Thomas and Kate were blessed with two more daughters, Rachel and Hannah. Thomas thought daughters 2 and 3 were his, and I totally had a soap opera going....

Then one day Remington and Kate were getting busy upstairs and I didn't notice that Thomas had gotten home from work....he was furious, to say the least! He broke up with Kate and I WAS going to have Thomas and Annie move out on their own and leave Kate unemployed with her two daugthers, but Kate walked off the lot after being dumped just as Thomas and Annie were hopping in the taxi to move out....my timing was really bad...I forgot that someone who gets dumped automatically moves out.

So Rachel (child) and Hannah (infant) were left home alone and I had to defenselessly watch as the social worker arrived and took both children. Meanwhile, their father Remington the maid, continued to clean the toilet like nothing was wrong....
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 3:20 AM
My very first family that I made ended in tragedy. Considering that they didn't last very long, they also started in tragedy.

In CAS a made a married couple, Elizabeth and Henry Doran and their little toddler daughter, Amelia. I moved them into a house in Strangetown and Henry got a job in the medical field. Then Elizabeth was cooking toaster pastries and lit a fire. So she and Henry both were burned into a crrisp and poor Amelia is orphaned and still sitting outside because she can't climb the foundation.

Right before the social worker comes to take Amelia away. a window pops up that says "Henry has missed work today. That job performance rating isn't looking so good!"
And I'm like, Aww aren't you nice to the dead guy.

Not so much tragic as stupid, but I like it.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 3:03 PM
I hate it when pets die. Or when I have to give puppies up for adoption. My heart breaks every single time.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 5:41 PM
hahaha. These threads make me laugh so hard. I love Sims tragedies...more please!!
Instructor
#7 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 5:53 PM
In my old Uglacy family:

Freya was the heir to the Uglacies and determined to bring the best ugly genes to her family. So she was very excited when she met Prof. Garrett at college. Now he was ugly! With a face like a bulldog and lips like a fish, things were looking good for those ugly genes. Freya became pregnant on their honeymoon and things were going swell...until Freya walked in on Garrett bullying her father! She could not let this go on, so she took matters into her own hands...and arranged a little accident in the pool. No one ever found out that she had a hand in his death as she carried the secret (and his tombstone) to the grave!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 9:42 AM
The very first time I played the base game I created Logan and Rhiannon. I turned off autonomy so I could choose what to do without their interference. Well... I thought the game was just like the one on the PS2 and that you clicked on the crib to feed (they had twins naturally). I kept getting messages to feed them and then I just watched in horror as the social worker came and took the kids. I learned my lesson: leave autonomy on!

More recently, I had a child get too hot from jumping on the bed and, just when I stopped her, the social worker came and took all the kids: two sets of quads.
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 10:59 AM
I have one-
Micheal Charles fell in love the pretty but somewhat geeky Rose. They fell in love quickly and got married. But, one day the pregnant Rose mysteriously died while on the roof... I'm still not sure what happened? Oh well. Micheal got over it quickly, and married Rose's sister three days later.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 3:21 PM
I had two sims, Terhi and her husband. I also had their life planned for them - she gets to be a highschool teacher and when her career is on track she gets 1 child (boy or girl - doesn't matter). Her husband is much older than her so - while she focuses on the career her husband takes care of the kid. First everything was going on well but then she got pregnant by simple woohoo - first time in three years that this happens. No big deal - then it happens again. And just just for the fun of it - it happens again on the very night her husband decided to make cheascake. Just to play it safe - this woman will not get any action untill she hits menopause. Well it's not a real tragedy - but it was tragic to me. :num:
#11 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 3:26 PM
mines stupidly funny but sad my favorite sim was getting plastic surgery and her face went all funny because of that her aspiration got low so she started snacking in the fridge which made her fat which made her aspiration lower which led to the doctor person coming while she was cooking which led to her leaving something cooking in the oven and burning herself to death lol
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 4:26 PM
honey - Haha that is funny it made me laugh. Proves that one thing leads to another!

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Instructor
#13 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 8:19 AM
Lol, I love it when their plastic surgery turns out bad The sims look so funny
#14 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babicatz05
Lol, I love it when their plastic surgery turns out bad The sims look so funny

off topic but is there any reason why this happens or a way to stop it as i have a sim i love but is just a bit too smily and would like to take it down a bit but i dont want her to end up like her face is melted wax
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 6:41 PM
Haha these stories are awesome! And I have one of my own to share.

The very first day I got the Sims 2 (base game, day it came out), I spent ages working on a sim couple in CAS. Sadly, I only remember that the girl's name was Maya. Here husband's name has completely escaped me, so we'll just call him Husband, or Hubby. Well, I got the two of them into their house, and I thought that Maya was so beautiful (hah, but now I think she looked entirely too maxis-face-templatey) so I set to work trying to get them to have a baby. Maya became pregnant and I was looking at how many aspiration points she had when I discovered the aspiration reward that lets you put on the helmet and learn skills much more quickly (I don't remember what the object is called because I have never used it again since the tragedy). So while Hubby went off to work that day, I thought Maya might spend some time learning to cook. I got her to put the helmet on, and then I forgot to remove it after she had learned a few skills. So she was walking around the house with the thing on. little did I know that prolonged use of the object could cause death. I was sending Maya for an afternoon nap when she collapsed in the door of her bedroom. I thought perhaps she had fallen asleep (like in sims 1), but her husband had just come home from work as she collapsed, and he ran inside shouting and weeping as sims do. At this time I didn't know you could plead with Old Grim. So Maya died. I was so upset that I left the lot, deleted the family AND the house, and never used the reward objects again (until I realised you can use them safely in platinum and gold mode :P).

I don't think I would react so poorly if a fave simmy died accidentally now, but this was my very first family!
Mad Poster
#16 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 6:49 AM
honeynutcows, their aspiration has to be high, I always go platinum, for the plastic surgery to turn out OK. BTW your tragic story made me LMAO...
Field Researcher
#17 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 7:14 AM
My tragedy happened very recently. I had a married couple named Marylou and Billy Ray Walters. They were very poor. So poor, that they lived in a tent next to a pond. They grew veggies and fished to eat off the land. Well, things were starting to look up for them. Billy Ray got a job(finally)and they were saving money to build a one room house. Well, Marylou got pregnant. It turned into winter, and one morning, Marylou came out of the tent, and died instantly from the cold. So poor Billy Ray lost his wife and baby on the same day. I was so upset that happened.
#18 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 2:37 PM
Default Fire Strikes at the worst time!
I had two bad ones this summer. The first is already posted here: about an evil ghost of a dog which terrorized a family.

The second was very sad because I really loved the family. I had this very big 19th century prairie family. On the 3rd generation, they had 8 kids, 7 boys and 1 girl. The girl was betrothed to a lovely gent from another well off family. They moved into this log cabin. Since it was a small starter home, but they had many wedding presents, they built an orchard, and made it fabulous. They had planned 2 kids but had 2 singletons and then an accidental pair of twins. The house was getting cramped, they built a cellar to put some extra beds. Then the wife got pregnant with a fifth child (I was trying not to use any cheats in this house, and make it as much like a prairie house in the 19th century as possible). Their resources were spread very thin. The mom's health got very bad and I thought she might lose the baby (which probably would have been better than what happened instead). She ended up giving birth to the baby, but was too sick to bring it upstairs. She decided to cook something, even though there was food already on the table for her. She set it on fire, and they had no fire alarm. Someone rushed to bring the baby outside to save it. In trying to put the fire out, the dad and oldest daughter died. Then so did on of the twins who were about to become teens. Then the mother, the oldest brother, one of the twins and the baby were left. The mother died the next day since her health was even worse after the fire. The brother died of grief and poor health, trying to get the house back in order after everything burnt up. Luckily, the daughter became a teen before the mother died, and she ended up raising the 5th child (also a daughter). They were both pretty messed up after that though. The older sister hated the baby her whole life and eventually got married and forced the little sister to make her own way in the world. She married on of her uncles back at the old farmhouse.

But you know what? Their story ended up being even more interesting than I could have planned for because of this. I like when I just let things happen sometimes. Though I did end up getting them a fire alarm, since they couldn't afford to buy their entire first floor furniture more than one more time.

EDIT: OH and to make matters worse, the last daughter was pretty ugly, while the one that died was gorgeous. That's one of the reasons the older surviving sister made the younger one move out. She didn't want her to mess up her chances with her new beautiful husband and family.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 3:17 PM
musiquefille - Excellen tragedy - loved it.

Most of what happens in my game is also by accident - then I just take that and continue from there.
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 5:41 PM
Sometimes I'm quite happy to let a Sim die if it makes playing the family more interesting.
But in this case, I was not...

Titania and Oberon had not long got married, but one day I discovered that Titania and Romeo had the hots for each other. Naturally Titania invited Romeo (who was married to Juliet) over for a make-out session. But Oberon came home from work early and caught them, and broke up with Titania (by this point Puck had moved out and Bottom (renamed Arlene) saw them break up.

Titania moved out into a home by herself, and missed her children. So she decided to adopt.
The day before her little 'un arrived she threw a party. Romeo was one of those invited. They were WooHooin when Juliet saw them and ran off the lot crying, and surprise surprise Titania got pregnant.

Well, Romeo and the others left soon after that.
The next day a little toddler called Tara arrived, and Titania got her bump.
She was probably the hardest pregnancy for me to handle. She was a single parent, with a toddler, and her hunger and energy meters were almost always down. And she was poor as well.

Her hunger and energy were almost down the lowest, and she kept falling asleep so she couldn't eat. Here is where I was forced to cheat to save Tara from being taken away and her unborn baby - I refreshed her moods. Only time I've ever intervened like that.

Now Romeo and Titania are married (after Juliet, who is pregnant with her 2nd kid with Romeo dumped him) and Titania gave birth to a girl, Roselyn.

However, I am planning for tragedy to strike... keep watching this space.
(my first planned tragedy).

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Field Researcher
#21 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 6:08 PM
Great tragedy, Figgi! Your Veronaville is so much more scandalous than mine. I like playing out the storylines too much, though.

"Life isn’t like coursework, baby. It’s one damn essay crisis after another."
Boris Johnson

"By Jove! Which is always to say, by myself."
Caligula; I, Claudius
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 6:49 PM
This one's not as sad as some of the others, but it's sad to me!

My legacy founder had five children: three boys and two girls. One of these children, Tyler, was a very hard-working, serious money sim who was also very handsome. He was quite a catch, but he watched all his siblings find love and he had no special someone in his life. Since he wasn't going to be my heir, I decided to make him one! She was also a money Sim, and the two seemed perfect for each other. Before she could meet her destined lover, however, she met Malcolm Landgraab, and since she liked him so much I relented and let her marry the guy. I didn't play her much after that, since her husband was a self-centered jerk and the two had a sort of distant relationship.

Meanwhile, I made another girl for Tyler, Min, and after some coaxing the two got together. He finished school with wonderful grades, but Min dropped out of school so that they could get married. She'd been doing very well in school, so she always sort of regretted dropping out. Instead of a great education and career, she's spent her life popping out babies.

One day, I was playing Tyler and his wife Min when Carolyn, the girl I'd originally made for him, walked down the street. Tyler said hello to her, and immediately the two had a connection: three chemistry bolts, more than either one had with their spouse! They talked for a long time about anything and everything, and the two got along perfectly. After a while, though, Tyler had to go back inside to tend to his crying baby, and Carolyn walked off down the street, headed back to her big empty house (Malcolm didn't want children) and her unfulfilling marriage.

So they both have relatively happy lives, but I think it's still a tragedy. They were perfect for each other, but they didn't meet until it was too late.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 5:05 AM
I have one Naomi A beautiful wealthy housewife life was perfect. She had a beautiful daughter doing well in school her husband had just been promoted and she was expecting. It was early in her pregnancy and the housework kept piling up because she fired her annoyingly ineffective maid.So she started doing it herself. Later that week she started feeling sic and ended up losing her baby and ended up depressed because of it causing the doctor to come and her marriage may fall apart if she doesn't get her act together.
#24 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 1:45 PM
Tairourou --> Very sad and realistic story
Test Subject
#25 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 11:09 AM
A long time ago, on another computer, Daniel Pleasant got Kaylynn (sp?) Langerak pregnant, she then moved out to a very small house on the edge of town. Daniel patched things up with his wife and they had another set of girl twins, while fully aware that he was ignoring his other daughter by Kaylynn. He did see her twice, once as a baby and once as a toddler but made no other effort than those two times.

His former mistress finally got the clue and began to date a former co-worker (I forget his name). It got serious and she asked him to move in. They were saving up money to properly build her daughter a bedroom, and another bedroom for their child that was on the way. She had gotten done with throwing-up for that morning when suddenly she feel to the ground, curled up in a ball and the Grim Reaper came to get her. Her fiance begged for her life, but it wasn't enough. Kaylynn died, leaving her daughter to be raised by her would-be-husband and a nanny.

I still don't know what caused her to die. The only thing low on her motives was hygiene, and that wasn't even red.
Page 1 of 7