Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#76 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 11:58 AM
HCAC- OT but your avatar sim is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E

Last week I discovered that miniature German Shepherds are quite adorable. :P
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 7:29 PM
There's a deep red tank top for women that comes with some tattoos and on the chest, the plumbbob is worked into the tattoo design.

I also put one of my sims in a deep blue tank sort of shirt only to find out it has a big, colorful tattoo on the back. Though the tattoo seems to be of a fish, it's still neat.

Come read my first Sims story in ages (for TS4): http://msrebeccawest.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
#78 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simalien
I discovered that teaching your parrot to talk and then talking to them will skill your sim in charisma while raising your sims fun and social bars too. Sure beats using the mirror.

Then after you teach it to talk, all it says is "cracker" over and over again. Sims look somewhat crazy when they are talking to it.

"Look, I don't need this, I inhaled my favorite whistle this morning."
--Simpsons
Test Subject
#79 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 9:11 PM
Today I discovered that ever since I installed Pets, none of my custom content shows up in Pleasantveiw, so I dont play Pleasantveiw anymore.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#80 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 7:06 AM
I had something rather odd happen to me today, although I'm positive it had to be a glitch. I was playing a small dorm when one of the NPC dormmates went into the bathroom stall. Pretty normal, right? But something caught my attention..

This sim was a female, but she was peeing standing up, facing the toilet. Like a man. Funnier still is that she looks rather masculine as well..
Test Subject
#81 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 8:19 AM
I had a glitch once while playing one of the Sim State U dorms where the cow mascot suddenly froze in place and the poor Sim was stuck there forever after, to the point where they desperately needed a shower! I never thought of deleting and restoring the poor thing in cheat mode, for some reason. (I haven't used cheats since The Sims 1 and the days of having to use move_objects_on on particularly stupid dogs and cats so that the carpool/bus could leave for work/school.)

The other day, I discovered that Sims with queued-up actions in a multi-Sim household, unless watched like a hawk, are prone to substituting their own actions. (I sent Edwin Sharpe, who'd gotten more than a little tubby, upstairs to exercise in front of the TV, switched to Roxy and her boyfriend, and returned about two Sim-hours later, only to discover that the lazy sod had been lounging on the sofa all that time...)

I also discovered that (a) it's a bad idea to have a Sim cook toaster pastries when they need to leave for class in a half-hour, and (b) if you're going to set off the sprinkler system to fulfill a "Pull Prank" Want, it's a very bad idea to do it in a room you plan to have the prankster spend time in afterwards.

(BTW, how the heck do you get the Coach to show up? I've had several overweight Sims in various college households, and always had to make 'em do their exercising on their own.)
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 8:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrFraud
(BTW, how the heck do you get the Coach to show up? I've had several overweight Sims in various college households, and always had to make 'em do their exercising on their own.)

I think it's just random. I moved Ripp, Tank, Ophelia and Johnny into their own house at Uni, and within about 15 Sim-minutes, the coach turned up lol

My name is Loren.
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 2:42 PM
My kitty that just came home from work, was in bad need of some fun, she went right to the televsion (which had been left on), started watching, and her fun greened right up!
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 5:30 PM
I have discovered that the 50's dress (or another decade) that came with nightlife is an exact copy of the dress that the girl in Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' is wearing in the intro. It's funny, since they've put in the dance routine too.
#85 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 6:16 PM
whaa! they do the thriller choreographed dance? i never noticed that!
Site Helper
#86 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 6:18 PM
I actually mentioned this in the previous thread, but it's sort of a warning so I will post it again:

There is an upper limit to the number of Aspiration points you can have stored up. Once you get to 327,650 (or maybe it was 327,680) you are maxed out and cannot gain any more. And if you use the sim-vac while you are maxed out, it resets your total to 0.

You also need to keep most of your pictures in a story album. I found that out a couple of days ago when I was taking pictures on an unowned lot and they stopped saving. I have a story with about 150 pictures in it so far, so I was worried that I had found an absolute limit. But after I put all my loose pictures into the neighborhood story folder, I was able to take pictures again.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#87 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 6:30 PM
i just noticed that dogs eat a student sims homework if you don't watch out.
#88 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 6:49 PM
My female vampire repeatedly tries to bite the necks of her young children (babies too!) and the even the ghosts on their lot. She can't, so she just follows them around with the "bite neck" action at the top of the screen. As of yet, she hasn't tried to bite anyone that actually COULD be bitten.

Go figure.
#89 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 6:56 PM
nibbling is a sign of affection
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 3:38 PM
OK this was yesterday but...

Pets brings back the commercials on the sims' TV!
Site Helper
#91 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AdmiralAeris
OK this was yesterday but...

Pets brings back the commercials on the sims' TV!

Now all we need is a remake of SUPERSTAR! Then our sims can watch themselves in commercials they made.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Field Researcher
#92 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 10:27 PM
I'm probably really slow on these...but...

Today, I found that if you have a sim paint a portrait of another sim, and the subject leaves to do something else, the portrait will be of a blank wall (or whatever the background was). Same thing for still life if you move the object/landscape/whatever.

Also, if you set one sim to work out, at least on a machine, you can have another come over and be a personal trainer.

-Jpeg

Diving into delerium yet again.
Site Helper
#93 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 10:45 PM
But you can have a sim paint a still life which HAPPENS to include another sim posing in it, and get a portrait of the other sim, even if the sim left while the picture was being painted. I used to have a portrait of the Grim Reaper that one of my sims painted, but it disappeared when my oldest Deathspawn kid tried to take it to college with him.

Field Researcher
#94 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 2:22 PM
Dogs chew on homework if you don't train them not to chew the furniture
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by craptastic
Dogs chew on homework if you don't train them not to chew the furniture

Cats scratch them up, too. XD
#96 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 5:21 PM
When you get the surger table for the medical profession they can pull all kinds of stuff out.
I got a sponge, a phone, a toy horse, and cheeseburger...and through it all he though the sponge was normal but threw everything else away in panic.
#97 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 5:24 PM
If a toodler is playing the xylophone adult can come over and play with. I found out when a visitor was over and I'm like wait how did they do that!? Its like the tuck in thing becuase you can't make them do it they do it on their own. ( the adult that is )
Field Researcher
#98 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Brook_Lynn_Marie
If a toodler is playing the xylophone adult can come over and play with. I found out when a visitor was over and I'm like wait how did they do that!? Its like the tuck in thing becuase you can't make them do it they do it on their own. ( the adult that is )

As long as there's for them to sit, you can click an adult or teenager on the xylophone (or other toddler toy), and it should have the option to play with (well, you should have the option anyway, they just will throw a fit that they can't sit, as usual). I think you can have up to 3 playing with the toddler. I know I've had two.

-Jpeg

Diving into delerium yet again.
#99 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tlynnjpeg
As long as there's for them to sit, you can click an adult or teenager on the xylophone (or other toddler toy), and it should have the option to play with (well, you should have the option anyway, they just will throw a fit that they can't sit, as usual). I think you can have up to 3 playing with the toddler. I know I've had two.

-Jpeg

Yeah my games on the skits right now from having insim and pets at the same time along with some other things so things are a little messed up. Thats cool yeah my sims dont have the option to sit and play with toodlers only with the doll house.
Field Researcher
#100 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Brook_Lynn_Marie
Yeah my games on the skits right now from having insim and pets at the same time along with some other things so things are a little messed up. Thats cool yeah my sims dont have the option to sit and play with toodlers only with the doll house.

A pets compatable version of Insim is out now, you know.
Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Lots of replies! Go post in v2!
Page 4 of 619