Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#101 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by moonluck9
A pets compatable version of Insim is out now, you know.

I remeber someone saying that it would come out this weekend! I was just at the website thismorning im such a dunce. Thanks-
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#102 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sidneydoj
But you can have a sim paint a still life which HAPPENS to include another sim posing in it, and get a portrait of the other sim, even if the sim left while the picture was being painted. I used to have a portrait of the Grim Reaper that one of my sims painted, but it disappeared when my oldest Deathspawn kid tried to take it to college with him.

That's not how it's worked with mine. It may be an EP thing, though. I only have Uni. I've done still lifes of sims before, but they had always stayed in the same spot while the picture was done. Just not that day. The toddler that had been the subject had long left (the painting was started, then finished several sim days later). That's why I tried doing a portrait instead. But the subject ended up with a full bladder and left for the bathroom, while the painter kept on going. So I ended up with two very nice pictures of walls .

-Jpeg

Diving into delerium yet again.
Field Researcher
#103 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 10:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Morwen Laicoriel
Cats scratch them up, too. XD

That's too funny
Test Subject
#104 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 10:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by moonluck9
A pets compatable version of Insim is out now, you know.

OMG really!!!! *runs to insimenator.net to download* I am SO releived by these news!!!! :D

Create your own reality ~
#105 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 5:39 PM
i've had to play without the inseminator and i went to a person's business. i found out that if you give your employees a break, they'll back to work on their own when they're ready. you don't have to tell them.

i also learned that if your customer gets mad and throws their bags on the floor, you get the money from their purchase when you clean up the bags. i don't know if you get the whole amount or just a portion, but you do get paid when you clean it up.
Instructor
#106 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 5:40 PM
not today but on Saturday I found out that sims can woo-hoo in a car haha
Field Researcher
#107 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrFraud
I had a glitch once while playing one of the Sim State U dorms where the cow mascot suddenly froze in place and the poor Sim was stuck there forever after, to the point where they desperately needed a shower! I never thought of deleting and restoring the poor thing in cheat mode, for some reason. (I haven't used cheats since The Sims 1 and the days of having to use move_objects_on on particularly stupid dogs and cats so that the carpool/bus could leave for work/school.)

One of my sims also got stuck once... in space!

He got abducted but never returned.. the carpools got stuck, his motives did decay to the point where he would have died. But since the sim was gone and unclickable, I couldn't do anything about it.. so I was forced to move the family to a different lot.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#108 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 9:18 PM
I discovered sims can have the want to streak. Did not know this. (Don't play uni much).

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aleesha
not today but on Saturday I found out that sims can woo-hoo in a car haha

Wow, you're late! One of the first things I did when I got Nightlife :p
I discovered that nannies can kiss toddlers. I thought only family members could..
#110 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 10:57 PM
I discovered that BJ the headmaster is really fickle. XD The other one, I forget his name, is fine, tho.
#111 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 11:16 PM
I found out that if you have a fire, when there are already cars parked on the front, the fire engine won't come! So you have to put out the fire yourself!
Because the gardener and the repairman were there, the fire engine wouldn't appear so my poor simmies had to spend 1/2 the day trying to put a kitchen fire out before it engulfed the entire house! The repairman was just stood watching, my sim wouldn't "dismiss" him coz he was too busy panicking about the fire! Thankfully the gardener eventually finished tidying the garden and the fire truck arrived on the scene.
So my simmies were saved But I lost 1/2 my kitchen cabinets coz of that dam bug! Grr.... From now on am putting sprinklers everywhere!!
Test Subject
#112 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 1:06 AM
Lazy Sims slouch when they're just standing.

Sims in university who have the same major have an interaction where they can talk about their major.

Children can do an interaction called "Nyah Nyah" and another where they can tell a secret.
Test Subject
#113 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SugarHoneyIcedTea
Yeah they start howling, it's really really sad!

Dogs & cats will also mourn for sims that they didn't know, if you click on the grave & press "mourn", whereas other sims will just shrug. I guess the animals are just nicer!
#114 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 4:23 AM
The other day I discovered the "Bust A Move" thing I thought it was the funniest thing I had ever seen on sims.
#115 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 4:38 AM
I discovered preganate sims could rub belly. I knew you could do it with hacks and what not but I wanted my pregnate sims to play with the womrat and she would just rub her belly then finally opened the cage and played with it.
#116 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 4:04 PM
Okee, so this was yesterday, but I discovered that Kaylynn the maid has only 1 in neat. She's always yelling at me if I make her clean somethin'.
Field Researcher
#117 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 4:06 PM
I discovered it 3 or 4 months ago pregnant sims need more food and energy than normal sims lol :D
#118 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 4:07 PM
Kids can exercise using the stereo but not the TV. :screwy:
Instructor
#119 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 4:42 PM
It IS possible to set the toaster oven on fire. (my Legacy Founder's wife did so)

Inability to cook, regardless of skill levels, seems to be inherited. After his mom set the toaster oven on fire at cooking level 3 (trying to fix a toaster pastry), the Legacy Generation 2 spare decided he wanted chili con carne for lunch (at cooking level 5), and promptly set the stove on fire... then went and stood in it to panic. And he's a Knowledge sim!
Mad Poster
#120 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 4:47 PM
I discovered a lot of completely new tv-shows, some with animals, and even a car advertisement (and other)

and that one of my simmies went crazy (not literaly, but she cried a lot) when I had to adopt away two animals.

and that I hate not to have a "more sims on the lot"-hack... a pain when they had one kid and a lot of animals, and I wanted them to have more kids and adopt a cute cat that was wandering around.
Test Subject
#121 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 6:03 PM
Today I found out that none of my sim's neighbours like my (male!) sim except Darren Dreamer.
#122 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 8:49 PM
This is not right...Maxis has sick minds!
I have a family where it's two brothers and the one's spouse. I was going to make some kind of little storyline with them where the single brother likes the other one so I used inSIM to make it happen.
Well....after that Family Kiss wasn't the only one they could do. :jaw:
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#123 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 9:47 PM
AxelValentine, InSim enables the player access to functions inside the game that aren't normally available. You can set and clear family, romance, and friendship flags or attributes in a way that is not a normal part of gameplay. I've used InSim to create a situation Maxis did not intend for the player to create through normal gameplay. I summoned a Sim to my lot who had a death token (was considered dead, but didn't have a tombstone/urn) in Pleasantview. I made him selectable and, having him as the active Sim, I tried to resurrect him. Well, it made my game crash to the desktop. Apparently, a Sim who is dead, should not be the active Sim and, as the active Sim, he should not be on a lot trying to resurrect himself. Maxis did not intend for me to create that situation, but InSim allowed me to create it. Thus, there was an unexpected effect. There may or may not be any ill-effects depending on how you play with the relationships flags for family members in ways Maxis did not intend. So, be careful.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
#124 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 11:25 PM
Discovered a couple of things...

1) Never play "toss the baby" right after a toddler has had a bottle. My parent Sim got barfed all over mid-toss.

2) When a not-nice Sim gets mad enough at another Sim, they'll get the Want to "See (hated Sim)'s Ghost". I have one particularly nasty Sim whose wants are all about seeing Sims he hates die.
#125 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leaftheweed
2) When a not-nice Sim gets mad enough at another Sim, they'll get the Want to "See (hated Sim)'s Ghost". I have one particularly nasty Sim whose wants are all about seeing Sims he hates die.

Heheh, it's not the just meanies. I have a very nice simmy who caught her husband cheating- the "See Ivy's ghost" want didn't go away for sim months. xD
Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Lots of replies! Go post in v2!
Page 5 of 619