Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Site Helper
#126 Old 17th Nov 2006 at 2:44 PM
SimPE 60 is realeased now, although he says that it was only due to high demand and he STRONGLY recommends backing everything up before you install it. You also need Net 2.0 to use it.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
#127 Old 17th Nov 2006 at 9:42 PM
maybesomethingdunno - I did that before with the death token, but she disappeared and couldn't be selected. If she was it just went to her daughter, the only other sim selectable.
I've done tons of stuff with inSIM and gotten it mixed up with original stuff. Such as changing toddlar's appearences.
#128 Old 17th Nov 2006 at 11:01 PM
If the gypsy gives you a match you don't like and you forget to end the data and simply ask her to give you another match the previous one will hate you for days on end
Which leads to...

Sims who are POed will stalk the sim they are mad at and steal thier newspaper and kick thier garbage can all day.
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 11:11 PM
i discovered that sims are left handed when writing diaries.

i'll get stuck in small room with you, any day. -- K Zoid

eXpresSims
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 2:52 AM
I discovered that my Sims 2 grounds are all replaced by weird numbers and that my objects.package file is corrupted

Shoo, stop staring at this and go fly a kite.
Test Subject
#131 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 3:11 AM
When I had to put up one of my pets (had too many cats. ) for adoption, my sim, Psyche, ran through the house crying and ran to the police car to say goodbye before her kitty got taken away. I felt horrible!
#132 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 6:32 PM
I noticed that sims put down an extra plate when a toddler is in the house right? Well I found out why they do this. When the toddler is in the high chair waiting for food, the extra plate is served to them! I just now noticed this and Alt+Tabbed just to post this. It's so amazing! I'll have pics when it happens again, if no one else has seen it already.

EDIT:
And you can command you dog to lick the toddler! And the toddler can cuddle the dog. It's so cute!
Instructor
#133 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 9:25 PM
Today I discovered that dogs can use the Water Wiggler that comes with OFB.. I had just made one for the kids and the family dog Jinx went straigt to it and began playing. And the best part is, that the dogs hygiene goes up as they play with it. That way you don't have to bathe them all the time..

I also discovered that the Bust A Move interaction is great when building relationships.. If your sims can "Bust A Move" then they have a little advantage when making friends.. I tried it with a sim at Uni when he was trying to build up his Greek House, and in matter of no time, then he was at level 6.. :D

Feel free to call me Squash

Field Researcher
#134 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 12:00 AM
I removed all of my downloads and mods out of my game. Now my sims snap their fingers! LOL I swear they didnt do it before!!

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr
#135 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 12:41 AM
I discovered that time does not affect TVs/games that are on (if you have it on on normal, then go to double, then triple, the TV will still be the same speed. Also, if you pause while the TV is on, the show your smi was watching doesnt stop; it keeps going.

Also, if your about to adopt a dog on the telephone, it does not tell you the age of the dog (or so i didnt see)
Field Researcher
#136 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 3:03 AM
I think it tells you the age of the dog by the picture of the animal; you should be able to see if it's a puppy, or an adult.

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Field Researcher
#137 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 3:35 AM
i discovered when you go into buy mode if your sims is watching tv it still runs.
#138 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 4:00 AM
I found out that if a parent is holding a toddler and trying to go up the stairs but has a trouble because their path is blocked they'll wave one of their hands. I have a pic. Yet they can't hold the toddler and get a bottle or answer the phone or anything eles.
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 5:11 AM
I wish I'd gotten a picture of it, but my sims were eating their dinner, and one of them threw some food for the cat. ^_^ I haven't seen it since. lol

My name is Loren.
Test Subject
#140 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 10:06 AM
harp_baby, if you use the cheat to control your pet, you can have them beg for food while a sim is eating by clicking on the sim. The sim will then toss some food to the cat/dog. It is quite cute.
Lab Assistant
#141 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by autumnwish
harp_baby, if you use the cheat to control your pet, you can have them beg for food while a sim is eating by clicking on the sim. The sim will then toss some food to the cat/dog. It is quite cute.

yes, but don't let them beg while the sim is cooking... I did that and when the sim turned around to 'toss some food'...the kitchen caught fire... Really, and he is a great cook... Never had a fire before and makes/prepares all food
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#142 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 11:22 AM
Quite a long time ago, one of my sims was preparing dinner, and to save some time, I decided to have another family member sit down at the table in the meantime. I don't remember if I clicked on the seat or on the sim who was serving the food, but I got the option to "wait to be served" or something like that. I might be slow, and everyone else already knows about this, but I hadn't seen it before, nor have I seen it since.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Field Researcher
#143 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 12:18 PM
I've discovered that a sim's hunger bar goes down faster is it studies cookery! Also, I married a couple of my sims and suddenly they both got the fear "Get caught cheating". Despite the fact that neither of them have a bit on the side.

Does this mean they don't actually care about stamping on the heart of their nearest and dearest, and actually don't mind cheating. Naughty little simmies!!
:shrug:
Test Subject
#144 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenScorpio
Sims who are POed will stalk the sim they are mad at and steal thier newspaper and kick thier garbage can all day.

That always happens to me, usually when one of my CAS sism marries a townie or NCP, the old girlfriend is alwaysmad. The last one that kicked my trash can and brought on roaches had a little "accident" with the cowplant. :3dcool:

I discovered that now (with Pets) if you want to change neighborhoods, a little window appears with the thumbnails, you don't have to go back to the starter screen. (If it already did that I had no idea)
Alchemist
#145 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 2:57 PM
I noticed that, apparently, Pets can become zombies just like sims because when my Legacy sims' pet cat died, they rolled fears about him becoming a zombie...

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Lab Assistant
#146 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 4:10 PM
A couple of things I've noticed since the install of Pets:

Pictures are no longer removed from the storytelling bin when a family/household is merged into another or otherwise disappears legitimately (the pics were always in the storytelling folders but were no longer accessible in-game), no doubt due to that all-too-common complaint of Exchange storytellers "I forgot to move in a placeholder and now my college pics are all gone!" (or something to that effect).

This one may be pre Pets, but I hadn't seen it before -- parents can now randomly visit their YA offspring on the college lots. I saw this when John Burb drooped in when Lucy had invited her fiance (Beau Broke) over and spent nearly his entire (ungreeted) visit freaking out because Lucy goosed Beau.
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 7:36 AM
I don't know if this is a bug or not but:
- My sims just came home from work and was low on energy, so I told him to go to sleep. When he just asleep an NPC came on to my lot, he woke my sim up and the NPC left the lot again... I didn't say hello or anything to that NPC... and I never saw him before... I don't get it, why did he do that?
Site Helper
#148 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 1:00 PM
What did the NPC look like?

(And are you CERTAIN it was an NPC? If you were using a telescope at all during the day, you can get an irate neighbor coming over to yell at you for spying)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#149 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 3:36 PM
I've discovered two new things over the past couple of days. If you press tab repeatedly when the cheat menu is open, it will go through a selection of cheats, although you do need to add a value of some sort (on/off, true/false, or a number). Also, apparently the piano can break down and need to be tuned. Its actually kinda neat.
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 9:46 PM
Today I noticed I have the restaurant podium in my Community Lot buy mode. I always thought that you could only do restaurants if you have nightlife, but I only have OFB. I haven't tested it out yet though.
Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Lots of replies! Go post in v2!
Page 6 of 619