Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 8:00 AM
Default Essential hacks/mods...
Whether you're a hack addict or just like a few to tweak gameplay, we all tend to have a few hacks that we just can't live without. What are the hacks and game mods that are absolutely essential to the way you play? What's your list of must-haves when it comes to hacks? List 'em here!

Thanks to Flea17 for the thread idea.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
#2 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 8:02 AM
I can't live without the hula hack. It such a great help in taking pictures! Also, I'm using the InSimenator, I love it! Oh, and also the shop at home hack
Test Subject
#3 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 8:03 AM
Default replacements for skintones and eyecolours.... they make the NPC's in my game so much prettier!!! That's considered a mod, right?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 8:08 AM
The same-sex pregnancy one by TwoJeffs... My Neighborhood runs rampant with lesbians. I don't know what I did without it...

*edit*
Oh yeah, the blur remover. I hate the blur too... It's so big and gets in the way of all the stuff that I might want to click on behind the naked sim.

I also use the Maternity wear any clothes hack, but I don't really fonsider it necessary. Pregnancy only lasts 3 days... I can stand ugly clothes for that long.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 8:08 AM
My can't-live-withouts:

- The InSIMenator - Does everything. 'Nuff said.
- Censor Blur Remover - I just hate the blur!
- No Family Size Limit
- Abortable Bedmaking
- Pregnant Sims Wear Any Outfit
- Toddler Toilet Fix
- The Simmometer
- Seasons No Bursting into Flames Fix
- No Autonomous Viewing Artwork - Because I really don't need my sims doing an artistic critique on the kitchen cabinets because they're cloned from wall hangings.
- No Social Worker for Too Hot/Cold Kids
- Bitchin Pics Collection - Not quite a hack, but a collection of all my favourite hacked objects for posing and picture-taking, plus links to more that aren't hacked objects but just regular ol' hacks.

lustyforlife, this is more meant for gameplay hacks/mods than genetics type content.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 8:16 AM
Well.. I love the insimenator and the "shop for free clothes at home"... and I dont know where or how I got it, but the hack to make the mailbox all fun with cheats, love it.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 8:24 AM
I just skimmed my download folder to 9 MB. I found I could not let go of these hacks

Insimenator (It's so much apart of my game that some times I forget it's a hack)
alwayswearcasualtowork
antiredundancy (prevents excessive spawning of the same type of NPC)
coffeecuphack (no more hunting for cups
djsnofreecatlitter and djsownablecarscostmoney (for the challenge)
browse and buy faster for OFB (only way to make money without drastically cheating)
noautonomousinstruments (so I don't have to listen to sims with 0 creativity pts)
notownieregen (stops townies from spawning, I like to control the population)
numenor's slotenablepackage for counters and custom objects for OFB shelves
pregnancy wear any outfit
gettheclosestplatestupid (makes cleanup easier)
OFB AllShopsSleeping Always
customers leave after purchase
dontwalkawaywhilecooking (less fires that way )
throw massive parties

Please excuse any spelling errors, I am half asleep right now.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 12:21 PM
No "adopt a pet" want. Those *CENSORED* pet wants almost ruined my family sims and made me WAY too pissed off but this mod saved my sims and my nerves. I would never uninstall it.

Vampire hacks. The one which gave them an ability to kill other sims is priceless and I would also never remove the one which now allows them to have normal looking beard and makeup and also prevents Count and Countessa biting my own sims who I'm not controlling.

Hula Dance Hack is just lovely. Very great for picture taking.

And I'm SO going to download the "notownieregen"-mod. Finally I can kill those ugly idiots who keep overwhelming my community lots *evil laugh*.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 5:40 PM
I play with very few hacks (free will off takes care of most of the annoyances and I prefer the townies stay alive and well in my game) but what I do have and consider irreplaceable:

Multiple pollination technicians (currently Oddysee's modified to use eight techs of my own making, but formerly fwiffo's "Big Eyes" collection). I play with a lot of abductions and don't want all the offspring that result to be related.

Uni LTW's enabled -- I have all eligible playable sims (and any townie/NPC significant others they have and wish to continue with) attend Uni in my game, so why not have thosw LTW's as well? (Especially since "Become Criminal Mastermind" is grounds for automatic rerolling.)

The aforementioned pregwearall -- I play my lots in rotation and frequently pause playing a lot with a pregnant sim on it -- and seeing the same nine/three outfits gets awfully boring after a while.
#10 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WooHoo
*edit*
Oh yeah, the blur remover. I hate the blur too... It's so big and gets in the way of all the stuff that I might want to click on behind the naked sim.

Yeah, I use that excuse too.

The InSIMenator is the number one hack to have and the only one I need and use constantly.
#11 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 6:16 PM
I only have very few hacks: no townie regeneration, antiredundancy, no stray pets, no alien pregnancy, no autonomous matchmaker/garden club visits, triplets and quads, and a couple more small ones but I have a lot of fixes for game glitches and stupid behaviour.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 7:20 PM
Personally, my essentials are as follows:
  • InSIM
    This mod is maybe the best thing ever created. It replaces the need for a lot of little hacked objects and downloads and I very much appreciate that.
  • InTeen
    I like to have my game as realistic as possible. So having teenagers that can woohoo is awesome. But more specifically, I love the birthcontrol and fertility options. Also, I love being able to speed up pregnancy with a click of my sim.
  • Pregnant Sims Wear Any Outift
    I hate the Maxis maternity outfits. And sims look so cute in their own clothes while pregnant!
  • Any LTW for sims
    I love it when a Romance sim gets the LTW to marry off six children.
  • Censor Blur
    Again, the realism issue plays into why I love this hack. I recently took it out, just to see how I would feel about NOT having it in my game, and the blur is driving me crazy! I need to put it back in...
#13 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 9:18 PM
The only one I can think of right now is the No Pet Obsession at MATY.
#14 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 10:27 PM
There are only two hacks I can't imagine playing without-the Insim and Inteen. The Insim has made playing sims easier and more fun for me, because I don't have to constantly type in cheats. The Inteen has helped my romance sims start early, and has added more realism to my game.
#15 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 11:13 PM
I still have no idea what the Inteen and the Insim mods are? What exactly are they?
#16 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 3:23 PM
  • Insim- Just because its alwsome, but it tends to make me cheat alot since I installed it again
  • Inteen- Realistic game won't hurt?
  • Preggy Sims Wear Any Outfit- Ugly maxis clothes, just ugly
  • Censor Blur- I wish, but I'm to young
  • All of Numenor's Hacks and Mods- Its just breath taking :D
  • AND the Hula Dance Hack- Alwsome for picture taking and story writing
And i think thats all, be back with more, maybe :D
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Addicted_to_ts2
I still have no idea what the Inteen and the Insim mods are? What exactly are they?

InSIMinator, Inteenimator
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 3rd Jul 2007 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Addicted_to_ts2
InTEEN allows your teen sims to woohoo; with other teens, young adults, adults, and elders. InSIM is a bit different and more comprehensive, and I would suggest that you take a look at the link that Daisie posted for you.

I could explain it forever.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#19 Old 3rd Jul 2007 at 1:30 AM
Pescado's entire Director's cut at MATY. Twojeffs hacks at the same site.
Morague's hacks at MTS2.

ETA: Moragues remake of Dizzy's have a leftover/storefood hack in peasantry at MATY. You'd have to pry it out of my cold dead fingers.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
#20 Old 3rd Jul 2007 at 9:08 PM
Yeah, anything from MATY counts as an essential. :P

I couldn't do without the lot debugger or phone hack, though. Preg for all and ACR are pretty high up on my list, as well.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#21 Old 3rd Jul 2007 at 9:33 PM
I'd love to try ACR, but I read only part of the manual and decided that I'd wait for the movie! LOL Someday, I may screw up my courage and try it out.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Instructor
#22 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 10:59 PM
Genuinely essential (I won't run the game without 'em unless I'm just making sure a new EP installed okay or something)? Anything labeled critical or important on MATY. I like my game NOT to blow up, thanks. Seriously, go get the Lot Debugger and install it on every lot in your game during your next playsession. Eventually, you will be glad you did.
#23 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 9:18 PM
Thanks to reading this thread I decided to bite the bullet and download the ACR. I couldn't believe my eyes when Dina Caliente decided to teach teen Dustin Broke about the birds and the bees. Man I wish she would have gotten pregnant off of that one!

Anyhow, I have more hacks than custom content in my game. I love the surprises/realisim they bring to my game. My must haves are Risky WooHoo (and the quite pregnancy that go with it), and the Community Time Project. And of course all the "fixes" from MATY that I don't really consider hacks. Stop the toddlers from playing in the toilet and what not.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 7:48 AM
Don't forget Squinge has some life saving hacks, like no going broke buying open for business stuff and no werewolf wants (hate those ugly things).

Also Christianluvs custom skintone selector, the easy phone and all in one npc i consider very important.

MATY's stuff is usually important, although a few I don't need. Macrotastics is a godsend. ACR is a mixed blessing, more romantic couples, but lot more unwanted cheating affairs. Crammyboys stuff *cough cough* is quite important LOL.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 6:14 PM
I'm curious... what does ARC stand for, and what is Squinge's easy phone hack?
Page 1 of 15