Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 2:13 AM
Default Sims 2 Series? Does anyone watch or make them?
I was thinking of making one but does anyone still watch them? :lovestruc
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 2:22 AM
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 2:49 AM
There are very few people still doing them sadly.
My all time favourite let's Player was Just Jessa. She has two old series you can go watch. Now she just does the occasional decorating. I still like her other Let's Play's but I miss her old Sims 2 plays

Seri Sims also had a really good series but she hasn't done a sims 2 let's play in a very long time.

Recently Tydirium started up one ^above^ He has a very nice voice and his camera work has improved a lot. Poor guy I am constantly posting on his vids telling him how to play, but he is a noob. (I mean that in a nice way)

Then there is a couple of others, SheGamerxo but I can't watch for long as her camera work makes me dizzy, another guy but I had to unsubsribe from him as he is constantly spinning and moving and he made me super dizzy and sick. Also LifeSimmer is okay.

Tydirim has really listened and taken on the advice and his lets plays are varied and about interesting things. I think that is the sign of a good let's player, because if you bore, annoy or make your audience ill and ignore them you won't have an audience.

If you make one and post a link I will come watch for sure.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#4 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 2:57 AM
I've considered doing a building one, but I haven't a clue about how to start. Doesn't it take special (and expensive) software?

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 2:59 AM
I know some people use FRAPS or Bandicam. Also a decent mic is essential. Nothing worse then listening to a terrible mic.

@Tydirium what do you use to record with?

esme, you make it, I'll watch it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 3:07 AM
I use OBS, it's free and does everything you need for recording.

Here's a decent How To Video showing how to set up and use it.
Theorist
#7 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 3:18 AM
Hmmm... That looks rather complicated, but not undoable. But how would I handle things if I didn't want to record voice at the same time? (I live on a very noisy street, and sometimes there are sirens...)

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 4:47 AM
I use Windows Movie Maker if I need to edit something. You could easily record without the mic then "record narration" with Movie Maker. My wife has a baking channel and does this all the time, record - edit - add narration at the end, once you get the hang of it it's pretty simple.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 6:28 AM
Quote:
Poor guy I am constantly posting on his vids telling him how to play, but he is a noob. (I mean that in a nice way)

Lol, I missed this when I read it the first time You're right though, I'm all noob
Field Researcher
#10 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 8:00 PM
Yes, I do watch/read stories done using Sims 2. Especially the story websites.

I am a bit picky though when it comes to viewing videos as I dislike intros that are longer than it takes to introduce the video, being subjected to the uploader's taste in music unassociated with the game in question, discussion of real world lives/events/etc. during gameplay, or videos that use a stillframe of a game as clickfraud for their "awareness" video. Don't get me wrong, it's okay to have a channel intro video, and have videos about everything else in life, but in my opinion they should be separate from gameplay videos.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 8:07 PM
There's a really awesome Sims 2 series called Croft meets Archer (or CmA) on YouTube. Hilarious series and a very emotional one. :P
Instructor
#12 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
There are very few people still doing them sadly.
My all time favourite let's Player was Just Jessa. She has two old series you can go watch. Now she just does the occasional decorating. I still like her other Let's Play's but I miss her old Sims 2 plays

Seri Sims also had a really good series but she hasn't done a sims 2 let's play in a very long time.

Also LifeSimmer is okay.

If you make one and post a link I will come watch for sure.

Basically what Jo said, I'm annoyed that Seri Sims didn't continue her Let's Plays. It was from her that I got the Ledestia (sp?) traits generator, it was her that inspired to me to add traits to my Sims 2 Sims before I really knew anything about traits and before everyone (Laurajet mainly) (sp) got involved in coming up with ideas for expanding LTWs and interpreting traits for our Sims. I'm pretty sure I came up with a thread or two as well.

But I do need more Let's Play - If I recall I also made a thread asking people for more Let's Plays and I believe Jo answered saying that there weren't many around. So of course if you have a good Let's Play I'm all for it, but it has to be interesting with some storylines at least.

Now if Peni did a Let's Play - I'll defo watch that's for sure.

So bring on the links people.
Link Ninja
#13 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 11:59 PM
I tested out playing sims 2 on Twitch and recorded a video for an across-the-country-friend who I made a sim family based on hers in real life. Things caught fire 3 times and uh..I may have said some bad words. The first video has all the entertainment between 2:00-5:00 minutes.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
I've considered doing a building one, but I haven't a clue about how to start. Doesn't it take special (and expensive) software?

Well I think fraps is 30$ and depending on which Sony Vegas you want it could be 250 - 500 $, I have sony vegas pro 11 and I got it pre-cracked and downloaded it. So if you need any help starting, I'd love to watch your videos or help you! :p
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I tested out playing sims 2 on Twitch and recorded a video for an across-the-country-friend who I made a sim family based on hers in real life. Things caught fire 3 times and uh..I may have said some bad words. The first video has all the entertainment between 2:00-5:00 minutes.

hahaha! thats funny, id love to watch you sometime :3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NewSimgirl2011
Basically what Jo said, I'm annoyed that Seri Sims didn't continue her Let's Plays. It was from her that I got the Ledestia (sp?) traits generator, it was her that inspired to me to add traits to my Sims 2 Sims before I really knew anything about traits and before everyone (Laurajet mainly) (sp) got involved in coming up with ideas for expanding LTWs and interpreting traits for our Sims. I'm pretty sure I came up with a thread or two as well.

But I do need more Let's Play - If I recall I also made a thread asking people for more Let's Plays and I believe Jo answered saying that there weren't many around. So of course if you have a good Let's Play I'm all for it, but it has to be interesting with some storylines at least.

Now if Peni did a Let's Play - I'll defo watch that's for sure.

So bring on the links people.

Well, what I mean by Series were like CrystalFirexx and Thehontry1. Those type of "episodes" that had a main characters and a story line.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
Hmmm... That looks rather complicated, but not undoable. But how would I handle things if I didn't want to record voice at the same time? (I live on a very noisy street, and sometimes there are sirens...)

The series I was talking about was like this one, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QZO86iCX10
It's like anime (kinda, not really )
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 1:49 AM
That isn't a Let's Play, that's machinima, where you have a story with characters. Let's Play's are more about whatever the player is doing in game. They might be playing a challenge, doing a build, decorating or just playing.

Heads up it's against site rules to double let alone quadruple post.

~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
#19 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 3:14 AM
@mckenna1921

If you like machinima, have you ever seen the 'Engaged to be' series by kitsparrow? It was wonderful and emotional. Here is a link to the first video.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
@mckenna1921

If you like machinima, have you ever seen the 'Engaged to be' series by kitsparrow? It was wonderful and emotional. Here is a link to the first video.
Omg Im stupid, sorry. Im new to this website. LOL and no I havent seen it but I'll forsure watch it :-) thanks <3
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 3:41 AM
We love new people!

*gets out grill*

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#22 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 4:37 AM
lifesimmer has really good Let's Play The Sims 2. Another favorite of mine is whitey28. I have watched all of their videos. I've considered doing one, but I have so much CC and I don't know the creators of some of it and I don't know what their policy would be. I may make one with a no CC game, but I'm not sure where to begin.

On another note, which LP's are more popular, pre-made or player made? Not trying to start another thread, just wondering.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by puzalickers85
lifesimmer has really good Let's Play The Sims 2. Another favorite of mine is whitey28. I have watched all of their videos. I've considered doing one, but I have so much CC and I don't know the creators of some of it and I don't know what their policy would be. I may make one with a no CC game, but I'm not sure where to begin.

On another note, which LP's are more popular, pre-made or player made? Not trying to start another thread, just wondering.

Pre-made I think.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 4:47 AM
I think I agree. I like to know what other players do with the premades.

Anyway, as not to get off subject, you should check out Lifesimmer's videos and Whitey28's videos. Also, I have been watching NeptunesNookGames, Nookstone Neighborhood. That one is pretty good! It's a bit different from my normal playstyle, but I really like it!!!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#25 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 4:48 AM
I like Let's Play's with cc. Whatever the creators policy is has nothing to do with Let's Play's. They don't actually own their cc, EA does. I think it's nice if you really love something and know who made it to say who made it or where to get it.

I just like people who do good camera work who are interesting.

~Call me Jo~
Page 1 of 3