Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#301 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MasterBoy269
How 's the writing story about Blaise's murderer maxon?

I have had Polgannon on hold waiting to hear who really dunnit. After waiting and coming back hoping to have the answer for so very long I've given up and decided to go ahead with my own solution even if it is the 'wrong' one. After all my own neighborhood story can go where ever I choose. Even so, it will be interesting to one day know the real solution :-)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#302 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 7:29 PM
@maxon its march and we still dont have a story
Forum Resident
#303 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MasterBoy269
@maxon its march and we still dont have a story

*sad sigh* And soon it will be April. Perhaps the truth shall be out on April Fools Day ??
Forum Resident
#304 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 1:21 AM
Happy me!! Now that I can be certain who the killer is my Sims can carry on with their lives. (Decided to leave them be until the crime was solved). The good folks of Polgannon say it is a relief to "have closure'. They can now also stop guessing and making wild accusations :-)
Field Researcher
#307 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 7:50 PM
I saw this neighborhood a while ago and thought it was a really neat idea. Very creative indeed. I'm not usually into sims stories (I'm more of an environment customization player), but this narrative looks quite interesting.

I have it downloaded. I wonder if I should invest some time trying to solve the mystery myself, or if I should simply ask for a person kind enough to provide me some spoilers and satisfy my curiosity immediately. Maybe I should do some cheating, and see if it is possible to check the relationship bars of the dead Sim's ghost to see who he considers his worst enemy... Yeah, that'll be the first thing I'd to, check for murder motives.
Field Researcher
#308 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 11:40 PM
OK, this is what I did.

Can someone now give me some proper in-depth spoilers about the murderer? Pretty please? I promise I will be more systematic in one of this days, read character stories thoroughly, analyze the motives of each one of them, their personalities (capabilities of committing such serious crime and hide it), and connect the pieces while understanding why the author cleverly chose exactly that person.

I have to say that it is very obvious right from the start that a lot of work and thought have gone into this project. Character biographies are really well documented with such inspiring screenshots. There are also some very bright decorating moments there, love the landscaping (that maze is brilliant, I believe there are also some clues hidden there ) Well done, @maxon !
Scholar
#309 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 1:31 AM
^ We're not supposed to give out spoilers, but I will give you a clue about the murderer: It's somebody who you wouldn't have expected at first glance; somebody who seems to have no motive for knocking off the old man until you've looked at everybody's stories and all the evidence.
Field Researcher
#310 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 2:17 AM
Thanks, Lord St.Croix, I suspected that. I haven't read the stories, I haven't even entered all the lots (only two, or three) let alone searched for the clues. It was bold and unfair off me to ask for an immediate simplification of such complex work the author obviously spent a lot of time layering and perfecting. I have another freshly downloaded neighborhood I installed few days ago, and haven't even explored that one yet. But Polgannon mystery definitely intrigued me and I will do my research.

The only clue I noticed in my short session was a children's toy in the maze, so I hope it won't turn out to be the toddler .
Forum Resident
#311 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 7:25 AM
Since Blaise wasn't killed in the maze, the baby might be innocent, although I really hope that some family member watches him when he crawls through the maze. I mean, who knows what other items might be lying in the ground?

Forum Resident
#313 Old 10th May 2016 at 6:52 PM
Anyone else still spending time in Polganon ?

I just yesterday took up where I had left off. Because the identity of the killer (or killers) has still not been made known publicly by Maxon, I can not share my neighborhood story progress with out very possibly posting "spoilers".

I will share that folks are moving on with their lives including those whose friends and/or family members are either now in prison or who soon will be. The Polganon family estate (which had been updated and refurbished some time back) remains in the family.
Forum Resident
#314 Old 10th May 2016 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
Does anybody have a problem with playing the Nicholls family?

Alan Trelawney seems to be a boring Sim. It's just an old guy, no business, no garden, not much of a story for him. Next time I play, I am going to arrange a meeting/outing with his sister, and give his sister a $3000-worth gift, because his sister lent him money, and Alan seems to be a conscientious man.

Reading their back stories ( histories ) and looking at their relationships with one another and with other villagers offers ideas for these characters.
Scholar
#315 Old 11th May 2016 at 9:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by teafortwo
Anyone else still spending time in Polganon ?

I'm still playing it, just don't have time (and somewhat motivation too.. ) to post updates here as I used to. Just started the 10th week, counting from the last update I posted here, so it seems I played 14 weeks in total? All original characters are long dead...
I was thinking to make one big update one day to show the current situation in Polgannon Hopefully soon. I need it for myself, to organize my notes, otherwise I don't even know how many generations I've played so far, my notes are a mess.
Lab Assistant
#316 Old 17th May 2016 at 1:50 PM
I'm very busy with challenges,so no time for Polgannon
Inventor
#317 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 6:26 PM
I downloaded Polgannon the day before yesterday, and was intimidated by its complexity. Today I introduced one of the extra families, because they, like me, were beginners. Please, Maxon, don't publish the solution just yet! Give me a chance to find my way around. How hard can it be?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#318 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 10:40 PM
I'm very busy at work atm - the solution won't be coming for at least a month or more.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Inventor
#319 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 11:32 AM
Senara Nicholls: "She is queen amongst local bridge players, presiding over regular bridge parties at home." Well, I gave that a go. On Friday evening she threw a house party, inviting Leonard, Alan and Eva. She cooked pork chops, but the first two guests dived at the fridge while she was cooking, and munched crisps. The third, Leonard, complained they were blocking the fridge, so he sat down to eat pork chops with Senara and Marrek. The crisp munchers sat down at the card table, where Senara and Leonard joined them after dinner. Marrek cleared up, and then went out to star gaze. It was a successful bridge party, a Good Time, only interrupted by Marrek getting abducted by aliens.

On Saturday, I tried again, this time just with three invitations, no party. That was not a successful evening. Again Senara cooked pork chops, but Davyth and Leonard would not leave the card table to come and eat. After dinner Senara went to join them, but for some reason she wanted to sit in the chair Davyth would not quit - he just shuffled the cards continuously. Although Senara had had her usual after-lunch nap, for some reason she was exhausted after dinner, and quickly brought the evening to an end, not having played cards at all. It looks as though future bridge parties must really be parties.

Marrek has just given birth to a light green boy called Ernest. I thought of Abbie's solution to an embarassing dilemma: put the child up for adoption. In the end, Marrek handed the baby to Senara, and drove off to work. Senara can no longer divide her days between gardening and bridge. She has a new interest in life.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#320 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 12:43 PM
Giggle - I have just been playing the Nicholls household. I had a different outcome to Marrek's situation but Senara is now a member of the gardening club and gardens all day long. You might have to get her a gardener to cope with the garden.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Inventor
#321 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 8:30 AM
I have been playing Polgannon for five days now, and feeling frustrated. I have all the Sims 2 expansion packs, but not all the stuff packs. In every lot in Polgannon I have found wall and floor coverings missing, and sometimes essential household items such as beds. If the owner can afford it, I fill in the gaps with the cheapest alternative I can find. Now I'm wondering whether some objects essential to the plot are also missing, since I have searched for them in vain. I'm really hooked on this game, and I'm prepared to donate money to Amazon in order to pursue the quest. Is there any stuff pack you would advise me to buy? I would have to start a new copy of Polgannon, of course.
Mad Poster
#322 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 9:18 AM
Ultimate Collection?
Inventor
#323 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 10:26 AM
Would that I could! How do I persuade Origin to give it to me?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#324 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 11:01 AM
I think some people have spoken (by message or email) to EAxis employees (not sure where - EA boards?) and politely asked. If they didn't get a positive response first time, they often asked again (maybe different person) and succeeded.

Polgannon does use all EPs/SPs. However, there is not much physical evidence to see - and what there is is either stuff from EPs/base game or custom (which is included with the download). You should be able to solve the mystery just using the ingame information - family stories, gossip, thoughts (found in the sim bios), neighbourhood story, lot screen, relationships, friendships - and all the other sim settings. There's also some information on the download thread. There is only really one piece of physical evidence that is important and that's custom. I didn't write the story around the physical evidence so it's not critical. It's not an easy puzzle (sorry about that) but I didn't set out to make it easy. It's meant to challenge and requires close reading. But remember, you don't have to solve the mystery at all. You can just play the neighbourhood how you want.

Mad Poster
#325 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 12:43 PM
You join Origin and ask, I believe - some players have got theirs recently! They may want a code or something - just tell them you broke your disk? It is free, after all! So worth trying, I think, for those of us who don't have all the stuff and expansion packs (which are hard to find these days, especially where I live!) and don't use AGS. Personally, I enjoy the UC very much.
Page 13 of 16