Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom food disappears - bandaid patch

by cathair2005 Posted 4th Feb 2006 at 8:44 AM - Updated 25th Jul 2006 at 1:07 PM by cathair2005

112 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 111 Feedback Posts
Page 2 of 5
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 12:45 AM
Is it possible you have two conflicting mods? I know you said you hadn't added any new ones since this one - what other food mods do you have? I could probably fix the problem but asking the meal to ignore every single in-game food but I'd first need to get a list of all in-game foods and find their GUIDs. Thanks for the feedback though; I'm wondering if anybody else has this problem...?
Test Subject
#27 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 2:47 PM
This really works well! I dl'd the eggs and bacon and it wouldn't disappear. Now it does!!!! Thanks a lot and keep up the great work.
Test Subject
#28 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 4:21 PM
Hmm.. I tried this hack on my computer (ts2 university EP only) and the food disappears when my sim is about to serve the food. Like, after cooking the food, it disappears..

I have nightlife EP now.. but haven't tried it with NL installed yet. later :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 7:39 AM
PA3n, one of two things could be happening. One is that, because I made this hack with all 3 packs installed, it requires all the packs (or at least NL). The other is that you could have a conflicting food mod. Let me know how it goes - if you should wish to test it further - with NL.
Test Subject
#30 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 3:09 PM
I only have the original sims 2 with no expansions and the same thing happened to me. As soon as somethign comes out of the oven it dissapeared.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 17th Feb 2006 at 8:27 AM
Just a little info for you, cathair...
The inability to clean up a meal is a problem I have, and I've never used this hack. In fact, I only happened upon this hack today in search of a solution to my plate clean up issue. So, I don't think it is your hack that's necessarily causing it. It certainly is not the reason in my case since, as I said, I don't have your hack installed (yet).
I hope that helps, I didn't want you to be blamed for something that isn't your fault.
-RabidAngel

RabidAngel the Rabies Riddled Girl

You can check out more of my creations at www.simsconnection.com
Test Subject
#32 Old 17th Feb 2006 at 1:50 PM
Very cool Thanks!
Test Subject
#33 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 1:33 AM
it's great, but for some reason when i put it in downloads folder, it stopped my sim from getting food. It cooks, but when they serve it, it disappears. why?

(TS2 only)

La forza del Destino~
The Force of Destiny
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 3:17 AM
Thanks for the info, RabidAngel. I cannot be sure why plates are disappearing and why there's the inability to cleanup but all I can think of is that two hacks of similar function are conflicting with one another. The other option I can think of for this is that it requires NL to run.

I appreciate your support and hope that you can find a fix for the inability to clean up the plates. I think that also might come from NL if you installed it when the dirty plates were present but I'm not sure...I know they can't be deleted with move_objects on post NL so, unless I post a hack that allows them to be deleted, I can suggest you place the plate using this same cheat on a counter or table top then delete the table. Having done that, every meal you prepare after that should be fine. I can't say this will work for a fact.

Thanks again,
Mark.
Test Subject
#35 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cathair2005
PA3n, one of two things could be happening. One is that, because I made this hack with all 3 packs installed, it requires all the packs (or at least NL). The other is that you could have a conflicting food mod. Let me know how it goes - if you should wish to test it further - with NL.

I have NL installed and it's working perfectly now! :nod:

thank you so much for this hack. it's very useful :nod:
Test Subject
#36 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 6:19 AM
I have only the University Expansion installed. And When I tried this, My Sims could prepare and cook the food. But then it vanished when they tried to put it on a plate. I was getting an error on the Serving plate everytime.
They could not eat anything. After I deleted this, Everything went back to normal. So I guess you can't use it with just University.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 22nd Feb 2006 at 1:15 AM
Thanks. This is great.

So long and thanks for all the fish!
Test Subject
#38 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 2:18 PM
I've tried it out, but my sims would cook his food and as soon as he was done, the pan he's holding disappears and no meal.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 12:26 AM
I d/l it a couple of days ago and I have various hacks in my game. It worked like a charm, no problems whatsoever. Thank you very much!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 4:14 AM
Unfortunately guys, it does require all 3 expansion packs but I'll be updating for OFB. I've already worked on making it so it only works on custom foods and will likely update it when the expansion comes out - or sometime thereafter.
Test Subject
#41 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 8:38 PM
I have been having a problem since I installed OFB. The food disappears as soon as the sim takes it off the stove, out of the oven. I liked your mod but I had to remove it, my simmies were starving.
Scholar
#42 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 1:46 PM
perhaps mayia was having trouble with the post submission button, resulting in duplicate posts....the timings are the same more or less, has happened to me on occasion though i do delete surplus ones...

i have appreciaed this mod cathair, look forward to the update
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 3:45 PM
Not to discourage people from using this but... I noticed something. When my sim serves a custom food meal, the plate still looks full even after he has put plates on the table. So I've been moving the "full" plates back to his inventory to sell at his store! I've yet to see if the value went down or what. Will check this out tonight.
Test Subject
#44 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 4:47 PM
The patch is an excellent idea and I tried it with OFB. My problem has been that the food on the plate (custom or maxis) disappears before my Sim sits down to eat.
Test Subject
#45 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 7:25 PM
Yes, it seems the OFB expansion makes this download delete any cooked food (Instant Meals and Snacks are fine) right as soon as the food is made.
Test Subject
#46 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 12:00 AM Last edited by sscairns : 8th Mar 2006 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Update
Default Warning-Warning-Warning
I ran into a problem, As this is working for others it must be a result of another mod I have too. (But I don't know what as this is the only food related mod I hav other than some custom meals)

The problem was the food (and plate) disappeared as soon as it was taken out of the oven. My Sims were starving as I could never get food to the table.

I took this mod out of my downloads and verything works fine other than the custom foods don't disappear. (far less of a problem than not being able to eat LOL)

Just thought I'd let you know.

Opps Sorry, I didn't read the last couple of posts...I have OFB, so I guess this is a common problem with this expansion.
Test Subject
#47 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 11:54 PM
Hey there. i need help.... i loved the falafel food and every other food i downloaded.
it worked fine, every body cleared away the plates and so on, but when i got the newexpansion ofb for the sims 2 it was imposible to make food. you could only make food at home or at work if you bought the special freezer to keep your food from spoiling when it had been made. when i try to feed my guests at home they wont come and eat, and if i try to go and eat nothing happends. when i serve a customer i put out the food they sit down to eat, but they only sit for 2 seconds and then they leave without eating the food they ordered. it is allso impossible to clean up this food.
i have noticed that i can put the food in to the special freezer, then when a new customer comes i put it out so that the new food my shef makes will be put on top of the old food. if i hadnt done that i would have had to buy new freezers very ofthen, sinc its not possible to wash the dishes. I have allso deleted all my downloads of every download i have ever made. Now the game worked normaly, but i wanted to have the furniture and other stuf i downloaded,so then afther i had deleted all the food i downloaded, i put my downloads back( exept for the food). But it is still in the game...I dont understand how to get rid of it. Please can some one help me????
Field Researcher
#48 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 4:44 AM
Please notice that this hack WILL NOT work with Open For Business yet! I'm sure that the creator of the hack will be updating it as soon as possible, but until then, we'll just have to do without using it.

-------------------------

Look in your Sims 2/Downloads folder and see if you still have the "finishcustomfood" hack in your game. If you do, just delete it for now until a newer version becomes available.

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Test Subject
#49 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 1:52 PM
hey. i have deleted all the custom downloaded food i have, and allso disabeled the other game cheats. i have checked all the folders in the sims 2 game and there is no more food cheats, so when i enebal the other cheats the food cheats are still there. But they do not show up in any folders. Hmmm, maby the only way to play normaly again is to delete the sims 2 completely and install it again? Im so looking forwards to the hack working with the ofb version . Has any one out there had the same problems, you know deleted the stuff but it still shows up in your game???
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 3:35 PM
Yes delete if you have OFB, I hope Cathair can get to it, it's a FABULOUS MOD!
Page 2 of 5