Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

SimMacFly Potion: make your Sims fly for real! UPDATE: children can fly, and much more

by MajorJeff Posted 26th Jun 2006 at 1:24 PM - Updated 9th Aug 2006 at 6:47 PM by MajorJeff : fixed missing images

199 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 181 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 8
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 9:43 AM
Cool! What a great idea! Can't waite to try it in my game.
Test Subject
#77 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 12:02 PM
U_U i don't have uni T_____T je vais le tester quand meme et je te dirais si ça marche (j'ai uniquement TS2 et Nightlife) beau travail quand meme ^^

GrEeN DaY 4 eVeR - Bj <3
Test Subject
#78 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 12:42 PM
So incredible!!! You are a really genius!!
I spent a lot of time in try to find something like this. Thanks
Test Subject
#79 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 5:01 PM
Being able to control your sim while they are in flight could only make this hack the best eva *Cheers*
Test Subject
#80 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 5:32 PM
I know this is probably asking too much but for all those without nightlife could you make one without requiring nightlife or maybe even simpler: make one compatable for not having any expansions.... this would be great for my Hogwarts Uni. but I don't have nightlife.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#81 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 11:01 PM
Thanks to everyone again for your great feedback!

Well, today I found some new animations that could probably be used for children so they would be able to fly too - I'm also making some tests to see whether it is possible to add a "Fly" action directly to our Sims, so they wouldn't need to drink a potion... (but I'll also keep the potion version because personally I like it )

So keep watching for a new version for the fly action if my tests are successful (and I hope they will be).

Some answers:

Quote:
@ganyblack
Is there any way you could have a manual in another file format? I am on a Mac that has no idea what the blazes a .chm file is.

Forgot mac users sorry
I'll then make a PDF version for the guide (at least it will work).
Quote:
@releaze
Well, first of all, i am very happy with your hack Them flying around the lot is much fun, but it also made me wonder, and in some way i think its appropriate to ask, is is possible to add this hack to the action thing of the adultsim? Like, *click*, dance, flirt, ask, fly?
I know nothing of hacking but is this technically impossible or is it hard?

I'm trying to do it but I can't promise.
Quote:
@prashanna
Are you sure it wont work at all without university? I have nightlife...

Actually you would just need the animations from the bubble blower but I don't think we are allowed to make some contents (even anims) from an expansion pack available to everyone...
Until someone finally releases an enhanced version of Miche's animation editor (BTW it already works fine for me but according to his policy, no animation can be released in custom objects now). Then we would be able to make our own flying anims!
Quote:
@MomoGirl
Does it use a bool prop and how do they get down?

No bool prop at all. To get down, see previous posts & guide
Quote:
@LovelyRikku
know this is probably asking too much but for all those without nightlife could you make one without requiring nightlife or maybe even simpler: make one compatable for not having any expansions.... this would be great for my Hogwarts Uni. but I don't have nightlife.

If I can make the "Fly" menu for Sims, the potion will not be required anymore, so only Uni would be required (for fly anims).
Test Subject
#82 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 11:37 PM
Quote:
@prashanna
Are you sure it wont work at all without university? I have nightlife...

Actually you would just need the animations from the bubble blower but I don't think we are allowed to make some contents (even anims) from an expansion pack available to everyone...
Until someone finally releases an enhanced version of Miche's animation editor (BTW it already works fine for me but according to his policy, no animation can be released in custom objects now). Then we would be able to make our own flying anims!

Ok.. thanks, I was thinking of including it in a movie, but I dont think I need it anymore... thanks anyways.
Test Subject
#83 Old 30th Jun 2006 at 2:52 AM
Hi great thing you've got here
Instructor
#84 Old 30th Jun 2006 at 5:18 AM
Oh my goodness this is great! I can hardly wait to try it out! Thanks so much!!!!
great big hugs to ya!
Skye

When in doubt, use clean installer
Fur is protested more than leather, because it's easier to harrass old ladies than biker gangs!
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator
#85 Old 30th Jun 2006 at 3:55 PM
That is the coolest & neatest thing! How creative! Thanks bunches for sharing it! :D
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 30th Jun 2006 at 6:23 PM
Oh cool! I hope it doesn´t cause any errors, I really want to keep it in my game It´s perfect for my sim-witches It would be even better if my sims could sit on a broom while flying :D

Nothing is service free
such things cannot be healed,
that will do fine for me
So come here, come come come.

Sonata Arctica - Blinded no more
Test Subject
Original Poster
#87 Old 30th Jun 2006 at 7:50 PM
New version available
Hi,

06/30/06: I posted an updated version of the fly potion with new functions like child and visitor support, additional fly action menu to Sims...
Be sure to upgrade if you already tested the previous version!

I'll be glad to have your feedback! :p
Test Subject
#88 Old 30th Jun 2006 at 11:45 PM
is there a way to make it work without ep?

*never make someone your evrythin'
bekuhz wen their gone your nothing <33
"a little jealousy in a relationship is good, because it lets you know that theres somebody whos afraid to l o s e you."
Instructor
#89 Old 1st Jul 2006 at 4:38 PM
You are genius!!!! :clap:
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 2nd Jul 2006 at 2:48 PM
great, can't wait to test it

I'm me, and I'm not changing
Get More of my stuff on Lilac Sims 2
Test Subject
#91 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 6:23 AM
Awsome Mod MajorJeff! This is going to make stories with fairies much eaiser. This should had been featured it's so good! You have my undying gratitude.
~slb6223
Test Subject
#92 Old 8th Jul 2006 at 2:30 AM
NO NO NO IT CANT BE!!!!!!
THANKS, I WANT THIS REALLY REALLY REALLY MUCH, I WAS SPECTING SOME LIKE SINCE SIMS2 went out
Test Subject
#93 Old 8th Jul 2006 at 4:37 PM
Quel belle idée, merci

Translation: Great idea, thanks
Miss Bona Fiscalia
#94 Old 9th Jul 2006 at 7:49 AM
Oh, yeah! *...does a happy dance* Thanks, MajorJeff! I've been wanting this since you first uploaded the original.

"Morning, Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain."

Test Subject
#95 Old 11th Jul 2006 at 2:15 AM
i like it but for some reason when my sims drink it they don't fly they just move over can u help me please? and thanks 4 the downedload :D
Test Subject
#96 Old 14th Jul 2006 at 10:18 PM
my sim was invisible
I downloaded this, bought it for my sims, and set it on a table. then all my sims wanted to drink it, so I put it in my inventory until the sim I wanted to use it got outside. She wasn't fast enough, and her father drank it, so I bought another one for the child. she was able to fly, he turned invisible. i didn't save it because i wasn't sure he would show up again. Just thought you would like to know.
Test Subject
#97 Old 15th Jul 2006 at 9:25 PM
Wow! This is freakin' awesome!
I cannot wait to try this out tonight. Thanks!
Test Subject
#98 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 3:48 AM
i love it, thx for the simacfly
Test Subject
Original Poster
#99 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by megansleia
I downloaded this, bought it for my sims, and set it on a table. then all my sims wanted to drink it, so I put it in my inventory until the sim I wanted to use it got outside. She wasn't fast enough, and her father drank it, so I bought another one for the child. she was able to fly, he turned invisible. i didn't save it because i wasn't sure he would show up again. Just thought you would like to know.

Who turned invisible? The child or the adult?
Did he stay invisible? Because becoming invisible is a transitive effect that only lasts some seconds.
Also did you use the potion ouside of your house?
Test Subject
#100 Old 18th Jul 2006 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MajorJeff
Who turned invisible? The child or the adult?
Did he stay invisible? Because becoming invisible is a transitive effect that only lasts some seconds.
Also did you use the potion ouside of your house?

Yes He stayed invisible, went swimming, and did other things. I got out of it w/out saving just in case he might stay that way!!
Page 4 of 8