Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Have Dessert (Single) with Make/Make Many Option for Bakeries

by Morague Posted 14th Jun 2007 at 11:17 AM - Updated 11th Dec 2008 at 5:55 AM by Morague

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Alchemist
#26 Old 29th May 2008 at 4:23 AM Last edited by aelflaed : 30th May 2008 at 5:52 AM.
Default single serves issue
Hi! I've been trying out the berry pie in my bakery. It's so much better to have single serves.

However, after a while, the environment score for the room went right down, and the pies seem to be at fault - both whole ones and slices. They were in a decrachill, and don't seem to have gone off. When I clicked on them as eatable foods, they said "resume cooking", although they are cooked. The single plates do not have the option to eat them, only to clean up or resume cooking. The whole pies have those options and also 'serve'.

I have seen my sims prepare and eat a single piece autonomously. Maybe it's something that goes wrong after a while only?

My game is up to Seasons, not including Pets.

Edit-
Okay, I found a reference to something that sounds like the same problem:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=236653

Quote:
Once any baked dessert item goes into your inventory(...)once pulled out of inventory, becomes inedible. When you click on it, instead of Serve, you get the options "Resume Cooking" or "Clean Up." (...)Still, you can put it on the shelf and mark it for sale and sell it. You just can't ever eat it, even before marking it for sale, if it was in your inventory.
(...)The display room Environment score gradually plummets over the course of the day. Moving a number of objects around revealed that the problem was the food on the shelves. Even though the refrigerated shelf says that it will keep things cool forever, it apparently doesn't even keep it cool a whole day. You can still sell it. It just makes your shop stink until the customers all complain.

However, this person's issue seems to have been fixed by patching. I already have the patch (I redownloaded to make sure).

Since I found that other thread describing the problem, I think I'll post again in a general help thread. Looks like it is a game problem, not your mod.

However, if you can help, I'll appreciate it. I don't like the way my customers keep leaving!

Update - After removing my downloads, the clean game did not seem to have the same problem - so I supposed it was some bit of CC. However, I put the entire CC back in and have played the same lot now for four or five sim-days longer. I put pies in a maxis decra-chill and a custom one, in case the custom decrachill wasn't working properly. But the food appears to be staying fresh now!

Perhaps the patch needed to be reminded it was there? Don't know, but as the problem seems to have gone away, I wanted to update this post.

Thanks for sharing your work. I can't imagine why Maxis didn't put single serves in from the first.
Alchemist
#27 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 9:37 AM Last edited by aelflaed : 4th Aug 2008 at 11:57 AM.
Hi!

I'm noticing that my sims all choose to cook desserts (and desserts only) whenever they cook autonomously. One sim set fire to herself three times in succession, trying to cook crepes, when all she really needed was breakfast. Could this mod be the reason?

Edit - yes, I think it is. I removed these files, and the first autonomous cooking after that was a non-dessert choice. Oh well. Since I hate seeing sims setting themselves alight, I'll have to do without.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#28 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 11:37 AM
Hello Aelflaed,

There isn't anything in the mod that would affect what the sim chooses to prepare autonomously - this part of the code is something that has never been open to modding. It must be some combination of the skill/hunger level & whatever else Maxis uses to determine what thing it is they cook that is making them choose the desserts. You might want to just take out the flammable desserts - Crepes & Baked Alaska if the sims are catching on fire :/
Alchemist
#29 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 12:22 PM
hi Morague! Thanks for replying.

I don't know if you're right, but that was a while ago, and I don't think a single sim has tried to cook crepes autonomously since then.

They don't choose desserts at all, although I do have another hack in now that makes them cook group meals instead of single serves, which might be affecting it. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion - I didn't even think to just use some of your desserts.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 28th Feb 2009 at 4:08 AM
Thank you so much for this- I've just started playing with the J'Adore bakery and this is VERY useful!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 7:51 PM
do you have the have ofb for cheescake if you download this or does the base game work for all?
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#32 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 1:11 PM
I always avoided making desserts cause I don't need a whole cake since I have such small households. But now they can have a piece of cake if they want, thanks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#33 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 4:37 AM
Can't have enough food :P
Page 2 of 2