Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Community items in residential lot

by loba Posted 23rd Jan 2005 at 5:58 PM - Updated 12th Dec 2008 at 1:20 PM by -Maylin-

107 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 103 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Test Subject
#51 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 5:27 AM
I'm just thinking here...but if you put the register in so you could put in all of the items, couldn't you put in what you wanted from the community lots, then delete the register, save the game, and then bam, you'd have everything in your lot without the cashier?

I dunno if anyone found this out yet, but seriously, wouldn't that work?
Test Subject
#52 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 5:07 PM
i was just wondering if this works for university ep or not.
Test Subject
#53 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 8:39 PM
Thanks a lot! I thought about doing this, but I'm glad to see that someone has already taken the time to do it for me... :D

"Sarge! Look! A sleeping person..."
- Pvt. Michael J. Caboose, Red Vs. Blue
Test Subject
Original Poster
#54 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 3:03 AM
Default tried it
Quote: Originally posted by 64k1
I'm just thinking here...but if you put the register in so you could put in all of the items, couldn't you put in what you wanted from the community lots, then delete the register, save the game, and then bam, you'd have everything in your lot without the cashier?

I dunno if anyone found this out yet, but seriously, wouldn't that work?

When I tried to get clothes without buying it wouldn't work because there was no way to purchase the items, so the register is required, sorry, yuo still have to pay :-)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#55 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 3:04 AM
Default Unversity
Quote: Originally posted by louiegirl77
i was just wondering if this works for university ep or not.

yes, it works with University
Test Subject
#56 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 3:59 PM
Has an updated version been made yet with the univeristy community items?
#57 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 3:28 AM
Default Thank you
I didn't download this when I first saw it because I had no use for it. However, with university you can now change the lot zoning without SimsPE, with a catch. Whatever it was first is the only products you can buy for it. I've also noticed changing from community to residential does not work in the regular neighborhood, but the opposited does, making it easy to create graveyards.
Test Subject
#58 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 8:42 AM
Hi, try to put the mod but I do not deal someone can explain to me help me please write to my email [email protected]
#59 Old 19th Mar 2005 at 1:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sl168
Any chance we could get all the residential items made available for community lots?Not just the regular items but the other items like the repo gun and the boxes.I've had to settle for making a warehouse full of toy boxes,but the real boxes would be nice.

Yeah,that would kick wild donkey.
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#60 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 12:55 AM
You guys really need to look back at old mods/collections - both in this forum and in Objects & Collections downloads. Everything that is in the game has been made buyable at some time - a hint - very early on after the site started. And that includes the Repo gun =D

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Test Subject
#61 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 5:23 AM
uh-oh!! do i have to move the file somewhere? is there anyway you can make them like not have to move and so i can go download and wuickly play the game?i am kinda odd........
Test Subject
#62 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 8:02 PM
It is so Cool but can you make one that puts all Residential objects in a Community lot
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 4:50 AM Last edited by giggy6004 : 31st Mar 2005 at 4:54 AM.
Hey if ur wondering if theres a hack to enable those NPCs 4 the coffee machine and bar theres a hack somewhere which works but let me find it so u can get the hack.
Edit: Found it!
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=52464
if u want the hack go here and never worry about having no NPCs in the game but if u only want those items without the hack then download this collection
#64 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 5:15 PM
Thanks this is just what ive been looking for!
Field Researcher
#65 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 3:57 PM
Yipee! I know my sims will love having their very own woohoo booth.
Field Researcher
#66 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 12:47 AM
I really needed this, so thanks!

#67 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 1:59 PM
thank you my computer is also slow and i get tired of the same old clothes you start out with
#68 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 1:38 PM
good work now my sims wake up and go shopping at home thank you !!!
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 1:44 PM
Very cool!! I'm doing a story of a mother and a teenage daughter having a "Model Studio" at home, modelling my self-made clothing recolors. and it would indeed be very easy to buy the clothes at home instead of having to leave home every time..
Test Subject
#70 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 4:17 PM
This is great! I already have a hacked computer (the title said bank online or something I didn't think was useful so it took me a long time to find that amazing download) I think it is my very fav hack since my real computer is not the greatest and I don't have the patience to go to community lots. Now I can buy electronics/clothes/food without having to wait forever while still filling wants. I used to just give them the gadgets but you don't get credit for that :blah: . Besides in real life that is how I like to shop

Along these lines, (I haven't tried this download yet) will these objects allow you to fill the wants of working as a bartender/in a cafeteria etc? It is soooooooo annoying that my Oldies family keeps wanting to do these things since I bought University. I don't even know what is on the community lots that come in the neighborhood but I have no intention of taking them somewhere to work. I downloaded another package that allowed me to buy the industrial stove but I can't use it. Soooo, to make a long story short - is there a download that will allow you to work at these items from home?
Test Subject
#71 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 7:14 PM
Just a quick note - YES! He could work at the bar with this (didn't try any others). Happy Herb Oldie. Thanks much!
Test Subject
#72 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 1:23 AM
Im tottally gonna download this!thankies! Toodles.
Test Subject
#73 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 10:48 PM
Brillaint WORK!!!
Test Subject
#74 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 2:53 PM
Default oOo
:smash:
Quote: Originally posted by Dude45
Has anyone seen a hack for residential items in a community lot ability?

I have but it didn't work for me.

MoterMouth19
Test Subject
Original Poster
#75 Old 12th Aug 2005 at 3:02 AM
Default Residential to Community
There's at least one link here:

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showt...ion+residential

I haven't used it because I make my own collections for residential and community lots but it's by loverat so I'm sure the folder was configured so the items will show up in the community lot.

I never put up a residential to community lot because when I first did this collection Carrigon already had this type of collection on MTS2.

Here's the thread about where Carrigon is now:

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=74223

I would suggest creating a residential collection and a community collection (it can even be just one item). Take turns opening the collection folder in SimPE so you can see how they're coded differently. Once you do that you'll know how to make residential items available to the community lots and vice versa. I'm not a hacker by any means and I don't consider what I've done hacking but that's how I've been able to create my own folders. When you learn how to do this for yourself you'll be able to make folders that work well for you and your Simmies' needs.

Happy Simming!
Page 3 of 5