Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 25th May 2013 at 4:55 AM
Was looking through Google to find a mod to get rid of zits altogether and thought I would just comment that all of my teens get zits in their teenage lives and I keep their aspiration high and moods up. I always use the Simblender to get rid of them, but it's such a pain since I don't like to keep it on my lot so I have to go into Buy mod twice and blah. PLUS as far as I remember they always get them every single day when I get rid of them that way. :/ I did find a nice default replacement thing on here that was pretty nice, just if anyone wants it:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=407673
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 25th May 2013 at 5:15 AM
Hmm, I never thought about it.

I always thought it was an age thing - my teenage sims always seem to get 1 zit after so many days, and if untreated, then two zits later? I send them to college starting at 8 days in - and usually they have just 1 zit around that point?
Instructor
#28 Old 25th May 2013 at 6:57 AM
Maybe I'm just oblivious but it always seems to be a bunch of zits all at once? I guess I don't notice until there is a really ugly gross one on their forehead, haha! That would be pretty neat if it does work like that, though.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 25th May 2013 at 8:38 AM
I believe sim acne is related to hygiene, and has nothing to do with aspiration. Make sure they shower before they get smelly. I only occasionally have teens with acne and one application of cream normally fixes them up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#30 Old 25th May 2013 at 11:12 AM
Big acne spots do tend to spoil the faces of some of my best looking teens!

Yes, I'm sure it is bad hygiene and my Sim teens know it too, but they have such full social lives! They're so busy phoning friends, inviting them round, and going out shopping, swimming, dining, dancing, etc. that they put off getting a shower and then forget to use the acne cream! It does help to know that your mum/dad/boyfriend/girlfriend still love you, and your boyfriend/girlfriend probably has spots too!

I do sympathise with them. I had occasional spots well into my adult life, but usually not quite as big as the ones that Sim teens get!

Cheer up Sim teens, it's not so bad!
Mad Poster
#31 Old 25th May 2013 at 11:53 AM
I've never had a teen get zits. It's one of those things I found out exists many years into my simming. I kind of want to see it, so I guess I will have to intentionally have a teen or two that does not shower much.

I read somewhere that it is genetic, and that kids of Sims who had a lot of zits are more likely to get them later on. Anyone know if that is true?
Theorist
#32 Old 25th May 2013 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I've never had a teen get zits. It's one of those things I found out exists many years into my simming. I kind of want to see it,

No, you don't want to see it...trust me.

Be happy your teen Sims have not had to deal with it.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#33 Old 25th May 2013 at 1:17 PM
Maybe it's being 50, but I love that my teens break out just like I used to. And I particularly love watching them react to them when checking themselves out in the mirror. One will be all "OMG! A zit! I'm hideous! My life is over! I can never again go out without a bag over my head!" and another will shrug and poke at it a bit.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#34 Old 25th May 2013 at 1:23 PM
^ ^ That is true, it is very amusing to watch them look in the mirror, I should probably let a few more teens get acne. Also being older doesn't mean being acne free either! Gah. I'm holding out for the big 5-0 and maybe then it will happen. Although at the same time I'd rather not turn 50...I plan to be 40 something forever!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#35 Old 25th May 2013 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
No, you don't want to see it...trust me.

Hehe =P I have a weird fascinating with zits. I never really had any, so for me it's more of a "Woah. Look! A spot. That's so funny. *poke poke poke*". I get that it might be hard to have that approach when you had to suffer them as a teen, but to me it really is just an oddity that is fun to observe.

Oh and, if you had a lot of trouble with zits and want to punch me in the face like my sister does, I should add that I have plenty skin problems, just not of that kind.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#36 Old 25th May 2013 at 2:00 PM
*tries to punch gummilutt in the face* nah can't do it, I have 8 nice points! (according to the sim personality test) *Does the creepy smile instead.*

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#37 Old 25th May 2013 at 3:09 PM
My Sim teens usually do get spots but I figured it was an age thing. But it does make sense with the hygiene thing - they do keep clean but they have busy lives too, looking after siblings, school, and work.
Instructor
#38 Old 25th May 2013 at 3:57 PM
About the age thing - Yeah, my teens always seem to get it at a certain point in their teenaged years, because I remember a hood where a bunch of kids were born at around the same time and they ALL got acne at once, and twins always get acne at the same time.

I always heard it was that if the average hygiene points or whatever dropped below 50% over the past three days they would get zits, but I know I hardly EVER let them get past 50% so it doesn't make sense to me. I guess my game just hates me.
Theorist
#39 Old 25th May 2013 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Hehe =P I have a weird fascinating with zits. I never really had any, so for me it's more of a "Woah. Look! A spot. That's so funny. *poke poke poke*". I get that it might be hard to have that approach when you had to suffer them as a teen, but to me it really is just an oddity that is fun to observe.

Oh and, if you had a lot of trouble with zits and want to punch me in the face like my sister does, I should add that I have plenty skin problems, just not of that kind.

Hehe....no punching necessary.

I never had trouble with acne as a teen and don't as an adult (very fortunate as I've been told over and over). So, when I played the Sims 2 for the first time, many...many years ago, and one of my teens broke out. I was like "Whoa, what the heck!?!"

They did a really good job with the look of it, and the reactions the teens have as well. Guess initially, it just sort of grossed me out.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Field Researcher
#40 Old 25th May 2013 at 5:26 PM
I have a mod that makes the acne more subtle, so I don't really notice it unless I'm zoomed in close on them. But I do remember the days when I'd direct my teen Sim to do something and notice the big boil in the middle of their forehead, haha. Since I only let them shower once a day, I wouldn't be surprised if their hygiene was too low over a certain amount of days.
#41 Old 25th May 2013 at 7:16 PM
I remember Dustin Broke getting them alot and maybe this is just my theory but could the use of default skins change that? they seem to appear more often on just the maxis skins and hardly ever on custom defaults in my experience and i've had stinky sims alot.
Forum Resident
#42 Old 25th May 2013 at 7:56 PM
Never seen pimples in all years I played I think because I have skin cc.
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 25th May 2013 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
^ ^ That is true, it is very amusing to watch them look in the mirror, I should probably let a few more teens get acne. Also being older doesn't mean being acne free either! Gah. I'm holding out for the big 5-0 and maybe then it will happen. Although at the same time I'd rather not turn 50...I plan to be 40 something forever!

My stepfather is in his upper 60s and still has acne, poor man.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#44 Old 25th May 2013 at 11:38 PM
I don't want to hear that! But still he's a guy so there's more hope for me.

Note:Not being sexist, just referring to the fact mine are hormone related which is why I hope they go away around 50ish.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#45 Old 26th May 2013 at 12:18 PM
PEOPLE! CHECK THE DATES ON THE FIRST PAGE!

But actually, this is the first time necroing is useful. Thanks for the mod, plyplay.
Scholar
#46 Old 26th May 2013 at 6:26 PM
Am I the only one who's offended that the Sims' spots are caused by bad hygiene?

That's just not true in real life, spots are not caused by poor personal hygiene. I had terrible acne in my teens and was very clean and hygienic, and was careful to never touch my face.

I still get spots, so I am on antibiotics and the pill to stop it, which does work. I'm 33 now.
Test Subject
#47 Old 27th May 2013 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dizzy-noodles
Am I the only one who's offended that the Sims' spots are caused by bad hygiene?

That's just not true in real life, spots are not caused by poor personal hygiene. I had terrible acne in my teens and was very clean and hygienic, and was careful to never touch my face.

I still get spots, so I am on antibiotics and the pill to stop it, which does work. I'm 33 now.

Ha, this is very true. I'm one of the grossest and most unhygienic people I know, I go for days without showering and touch my face and let my oily bangs sit on my forehead, yet my skin always remains clear. Meanwhile, I've had friends that kept strict regimes of cleaning their face who always seemed to be covered in acne. Poor things. It would be funner if it was based off of random chance or genetics in the Sims too.
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#48 Old 17th Jun 2021 at 12:47 PM
Please check dates when posting in forums. This thread last had a response in 2013.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 17th Jun 2021 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GingerxNinjax
I wonder if there ever was a mod for adult acne????

19 Chorus Court
Veronaville

17th June 2021

Hi Everyone!

I think it would be a good idea if adults got acne too. Then they might take it more seriously and work a bit harder to try to develop a proper cure. The trouble is they think it's just a kids' problem and they don't bother themselves about it.

I can find it interesting when these old threads get revived. Back in the spring of 2013 my player was just beginning to make his mark in this forum. Oddly enough, despite it being eight years ago, I'm still a teen and still go to school -- even though I'm married now. (To Julian of course. ) (I think it might have something to do with my player turning aging off.) As then, my life, and the lives of many of my friends are regularly plagued by acne. Of course there is acne cream, and it does work, but sometimes it just doesn't work fast enough. When you're 14 or 15, and you've got a hot date lined up, life can seem not worth living when you have two huge zits in the middle of your face! It takes away all your self-confidence. So yeah! I wish that adults got zits too.

When I grow up and graduate and become a Mad Scientist, I intend to devote my life to developing a cure and a proper treatment for acne. Generations of Sim teens will thank me for it.

Yours with all my Love,
Andrew Jones-Moltke
(Now that I'm married I think I'll try using a double-barrelled name.)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Page 2 of 2