Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#1551 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 1:26 PM
TS3: Spore Friends (True but True Aliens Expansion Pack): EA missed that spore can be so cool + The Sims.

Ideas:
More Pets.
More Aliens. (No only one alien)
Traveling in Space.
And more.....
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#1552 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 6:38 PM
I just thought today, I would love to see a sims radio channel. So that we can place stereos etc in the kitchen for example and have them listen to it.
Could give a "keeping up" moodlet or something.

Sound greatly adds to the atmosphere of the game IMO.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Mad Poster
#1553 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ive
I just thought today, I would love to see a sims radio channel. So that we can place stereos etc in the kitchen for example and have them listen to it.
Could give a "keeping up" moodlet or something.

Sound greatly adds to the atmosphere of the game IMO.

I like the sound of that. To make a radio different to the regular stereos it could have a random mixture of music from all of the different stations in the game interspersed with Simlish talking sections as though the DJs were chatting or a news broadcast was being aired.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Top Secret Researcher
#1554 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 10:06 PM
Yea could also have different stations like news, kids, teens, love music.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Field Researcher
#1555 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 9:32 AM
a radio like the one in GTA would be cool :D
Instructor
#1556 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sprue
a radio like the one in GTA would be cool :D

LOL

Except it speak in simmish...........
Mad Poster
#1557 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 5:20 PM
I was looking though color palettes and I just realized it'd be amazing to have somewhere to store color palettes in game, rather than writing them down somewhere. I'll settle for making my library extra large by making a bunch of them and saving them as collections, but, yeah, it'd be nice.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#1558 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 1:21 AM
They should release a Sim-less version of Build-Buy mode. D:

Mad Poster
#1559 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
They should release a Sim-less version of Build-Buy mode. D:

Why no sims? I like to test the routing in my new lots, there's always routing issues, and I can't do that without sims.
Mad Poster
#1560 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 4:12 PM
Like how Create-A-Sim doesn't have a world for Sims to live in. Except it's not for the purpose of routing, but building and buying.

OK, a generic test blob with little to no AI, except routing.

Mad Poster
#1561 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 4:58 PM
Like how Create-A-Sim doesn't have a world for Sims to live in. Except it's not for the purpose of routing, but building and buying.

OK, a generic test blob with little to no AI, except routing.

Well, there's CAW and we can always use a tiny empty world for the purpose of just building lots.
Mad Poster
#1562 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 5:02 PM
But the game has to load everything else. When the game loads, it loads the whole game - I just want to build stuff. Even when I test a house is a small world, the game has to load 3 horses, a raccoon, a stray cat, a stray dog, a performer, and 3 paparazzi.

Mad Poster
#1563 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 5:11 PM
But the game has to load everything else. When the game loads, it loads the whole game - I just want to build stuff. Even when I test a house is a small world, the game has to load 3 horses, a raccoon, a stray cat, a stray dog, a performer, and 3 paparazzi.

When you use CAW to build lots, there are no animals and such in the world. For in-game testing, just create a world big enough to accomodate the largest lot size and you don't need to worry about loading time.
Mad Poster
#1564 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 5:15 PM
Oh, now I see what you mean. I'll still have to load CAW, then the world, then EIG.

To test for issue, I'll have to save and exit everything, load the Sims 3, Load a town, plop down the lot and wait for that to load.

That's a lot of loading to build and test lol

Top Secret Researcher
#1565 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 8:47 PM
I really wish they would include in some expansion a job performance lock.

So if you locked it, your sim could neither advance or get demoted. To keep poor sims poor, even when you don't play them

Forum Resident
#1566 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 9:30 AM
Now that oceans have become routeable, we definitely need boats: fishing boats, kayaks, jet skis, parasails and yachts in the game. Real fishermen who take their boats out every morning and bring in huge hauls to sell at markets (with new things to catch like lobster, clams, octopus). Proper piers where you can dock vessels and dolphins, great whites, blue whales for observing/swimming with. Oh and lifeguards on public beaches to warn about shark attacks or save drowning Sims.
Top Secret Researcher
#1567 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 4:22 PM
^ for some reason that made me think of the old TS1 adverts where real people acted like sims.
There was one were they were on the beach and there was a lifeguard I think.

Test Subject
#1568 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 2:11 AM
For all the people wanting clothing stores, how exactly would they completely switch how clothes work near the end of the game??? Think logically. Anyway, I think the sims 3 needs city districts, where you can travel to surrounding neighborhoods, meet the locales, find jobs in other cities, buy expensive new things, visit lots exclusive to the district. Introduce traffic, stop lights, better funerals, new objects, souveniers.etc. And for the sim characters themselves, re-introduces fears. Maybe make all sims have dating preferences, like fit people or blonde hair. Long-distance relationships, extreme sports, holidays, beliefs, new traits, home buisnesses. And my best suggestion yet..... smarter A.I. So they live their lives to the fullest, throw parties, and try to have fun. That would be all. :D
Mad Poster
#1569 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 2:51 AM
Since you want to throw around "logic", go download the clothes shopping mod.

Test Subject
#1570 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 8:36 AM
Hi! I am wondering if new Vampires in Supernatural will overwrite old Vampires, because I love how old Vampires look like.
Test Subject
#1571 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 10:40 AM
^ I would assume so, yeah. But if it gets to the point where it bothers you, I'm sure you can just make your vampire look like the old ones or something.

And has anyone else ever thought they could combine University, Open For Business, and Apartment Life into one EP?

It would be a "post-graduation" pack, or something. There was totally a much better term to describe that, but I completely forgot what it was. But it would be like, after your Teen sims graduate from high school, they're free to live their lives however that want. They could head off to college, open up a business, or live in an apartment or something (yeah, I know that's not discrete but just to give some perspective).
Lab Assistant
#1572 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 12:55 AM
I miss the beach lots. There could be a childrens nursery too. A beach vacation EP. Hotels and Guest Houses. Proper shops and businesses, Proper Cafes and Restaurants, all not rabbit holes. I don't like the rabbit holes.
Lab Assistant
#1573 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rare Blue Skittle
Ever wanted to create a lavish apartment complex to house all of your Sims without the burden of having to go to far for social stimulation? Wish your Sim could have their own studio place without the bothers of the world? Well now your Sims can with The Sims 3: Community Living Expansion Pack! When your teenage Sims grow up to become Young Adults and head to a University, they need a place to stay! You can now create large dorms, either divided by gender, or unisex dorms, for your Young Adult Sims. However, dorm rooms can be expensive, especially if your Sims are only in school and have a part time job, and your Sims are subjected to tuition fees. However, if they rent a studio apartment, their cost will drop dramatically. Your Sims can either rent a studio or penthouse apartment, or a basic multi-room apartment, or can look at your town's bulletin board to see if their are any rooms for rent at a house or apartment complex. But families and single Sims can also rent an apartment or room as well. A bachelor Sim can rent an apartment, A pair of sister Sims can rent an apartment together, or maybe your elderly Sims prefer to move into a retirement home so they can get away from the family that continually treats them like kids, and more as the possibilities are endless! You also have a new career path as a "landlord" however, if you treat your inhabitants badly in the complex you own or manage, you may be given the title of "slumlord" instead! In this career path, you must work on maintenance problems, answer the needs of your Sims, and make sure everyone pays their rent on time! You can create a total of 16 units per apartment complex, each with their own families. Your dorms can be up to 10 rooms per dorm, with up to 3 Sims in a room. Hesitant about creating apartments? No worries! Buena Vista Acres features pre-built apartments, studio, and penthouse locales so you can see what communal living is all about!

Other Possible Names:
The Sims 3: Movin' Out
The Sims 3: Graduation
The Sims 3: Communal Life
The Sims 3: Apartment Life

Ye s I love that idea, but I want the Communal Lots to be arranged so that you can play all the sims and apartments at the same time. I did not like the Apartments in TS2 as you could not play all the families together in an Apartment Lot, or see all the Apartments.
Instructor
#1574 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 4:09 AM
Does this sound a bit suspicious? http://www.twitlonger.com/show/j2coh0
Quote:
people have rightly pointed out
Mad Poster
#1575 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 4:22 AM
*cue old survey images of the business + vacation combo EP*

Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: no more EPS :(
Page 63 of 67