Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#1926 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 10:20 PM
Johnny, did you see that?

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#1927 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 11:28 PM
Dang This thread has gotten insanely long! Sometimes i have to go back to the beginning to remember when we first stated out! Everyone's building skills have seriously improved over the years!

November 15, 2009 when it started!!!

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1928 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 12:00 AM
I am glad to see you feel risen. I don't feel the same. My skills were not improved, but changed. I forgot meshing process so I couldn't rather create any Sims 2 or Sims 3 objects now. I forgot how to create Sims 3 skins. I forgot how to do it all. But when talk about building. Well... I made some amount of houses. Oh! And I still remember how to create Sims 3 patterns.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Theorist
#1929 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 1:40 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 28th Jul 2021 at 10:50 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
- If the door is adjacent to the tub with the taps/faucet end near the door - then dogs can be successfully bathed. The "human" will use the square in front of the taps (even with the door there) and the dog will use the other open square...

Only if there's a way for the dog to move around the Sim to get to the other side. If the Sim is standing by the door, I don't see how the dog would even be able to enter the bathroom.

Quote:
- In reverse, if the back end (without taps) is adjacent to the door, the dog will have issues getting into the tub (because the door is in the way - might not be an issue if the door is closed? And changing the swing orientation of the door might make a difference too?)

It's been a couple of years since I tested this, but I don't think it will work and the swing orientation will not make a difference. Also, the door won't close as long as the dog is standing in its swing radius. I'm sure I tested this or I would not have the idea in my head.

In both of the above examples, I'm talking about a small, 2x3 bathroom that has the tub on one side and the sink and toilet on the other, with the two squares in the middle clear and a door on one end or the other. IOW, just like Johnny's last house.

The only thing I'm wondering about is whether there might be a difference between tubs and shower tubs, as Victor mentioned a few days ago. I don't see why there should be, but considering it's Maxis, stranger things have happened, so it might be worth testing. I'll test it next time I have an opportunity and remember. I haven't Simmed too much for a couple of months, been playing Civ III, another 20-year-old game.

Also, welcome back. So it was you that got too close to that bison, eh?
Forum Resident
#1930 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
I am glad to see you feel risen. I don't feel the same. My skills were not improved, but changed. I forgot meshing process so I couldn't rather create any Sims 2 or Sims 3 objects now. I forgot how to create Sims 3 skins. I forgot how to do it all. But when talk about building. Well... I made some amount of houses. Oh! And I still remember how to create Sims 3 patterns.

I remember when i first started my houses were so clumsy and very disproportionate!

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#1931 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 2:28 AM
https://www.eplans.com/plan/2016-sq...garage-sp175398

Well i started a new house based off this plan! expanded just a little bit!
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Mad Poster
#1932 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
...expanded just a little bit!

A bit?!! You more than doubled it's size! *gasp*
What is the size/scale in TS3? In TS2 it is roughly: 1 tile = 3 sq ft
So, in the instance of that ^ plan's Master Bedroom - in TS2 it should be around 5X4 tiles (6X5 if you really want it luxurious.)

Your builds always look so impressive though! I can't wait to see the finished house

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1933 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 5:36 PM
I like your houses Tudorman. I can't judge about itssize though. It says The Amazon CloudFront is in not permitted in my country.

Forum Resident
#1934 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 3:27 PM
And here is my massive barn style farmhouse ranch I built in Appaloosa plains! Simple yet elegant! I love the floor pan and design! Love how it turned out!

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#1935 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 7:28 PM
I actually think the size of the Colonial is alright.
The barn-inspired mansion also looks very grand, though the currogated roof takes away the grandeur. I'd also have an octagonal roof on the towers, but that's coming from the Victorian guy in me. and would probably look out of place.

Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
I like your houses Tudorman. I can't judge about itssize though. It says The Amazon CloudFront is in not permitted in my country.

Here are Tudorman's references.
For some strange reason they're shown as GIFs on the original website aswell
Screenshots

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#1936 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 12:18 AM
I shrunk it a little bit! I wanted it to look as though it was added on to as time went by as the family grew!
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1937 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 8:53 AM
Thank you Johnny. You are so kind to share it. :lovestruc

Yeah now I see what Tudorman was meant with his building. But I rather stay away from judging his creation. But I don't like kitchen utility in original house. That looks like in early 1900s and obsolete for modern tendencies.

Just a little suggestion, Tudorman. If you really really want to try yourself in small houses creation, then you need to be accurate with references. Don't add rooms, don't add levels, verandas, porches. Start from counting tiles that house could have, add four to total number and choose suitable lot. Yeah, this can be challenging, but as for my experience, that may turn your mind to another direction.

As for me, might be challenging to build such huge mansions like yours. I imagine when just built that huge mansion. I would have furnish it forever, because I am into furnishing every single corner. But I see you can place dining table in the huge hall, leave empty rooms with no purpouse, and for you this kinda fine. So furnish you house may turn my mind. I think I should try to test myself in furnish someone's unfurnished huge mansion to see how this job could be done.

neighborhood represented in previous post pictures was submitted. Thanks for your comment, Catherine. I send you regards here I will be around in two next days in waiting for my first neighborhood troubleshooters ever.

Forum Resident
#1938 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 2:44 PM
@Victor_tor yeah you are right! Next time I will start off with a smaller plot 30X30 and stick to it to test out my skills!

C.T.HOLKO88
Mad Poster
#1939 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 2:50 PM
Is 30X30 the smallest lot in TS3? We have 20X10 in TS2 - and with the LotAdjuster, you can go down to 10X10. Do ya'll have a LotAdjuster type of tool for TS3?

@Vic - I hope all you comments are positive

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1940 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 2:53 PM
Is 30X30 the smallest lot in TS3? We have 20X10 in TS2 - and with the LotAdjuster, you can go down to 10X10. Do ya'll have a LotAdjuster type of tool for TS3?

10X10 is the smallest but definitely couldnt build anything that small!

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1941 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 10:29 PM

I think this feature I got from wemen. Yeah I seen it many times, and I can start my conversation from rush to person with scream "Sweeeeetheart! Got a new haircut? Lost your weight? I haven't seen you for years! Muah! Muah!"
That's a good trick. Even much before you'll say her really bad news.

Theorist
#1942 Old 4th Aug 2021 at 9:22 AM
I'd like to create at least one thread that would be popular. That might be impossible to create anything popular without the Sims 4 now :sweat smile: , don't you think so?

Alchemist
#1943 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 4:27 PM
What would your thread be about? I don't think this one is truly 'popular', with only a few people being active :p

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#1944 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 12:13 AM
I think he means an upload thread... I could be wrong?

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1945 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 7:50 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 6th Aug 2021 at 8:09 AM.
Yes. In uploads. Something new and fresh that will become much popular then my older stuff done. Something that will rise in download times sagnificantly in short period of time.
I see my Sims 4 uploads here at MTS has from 1/4 to 1/3 of downloaders per viewers, when Sims 2 and Sims 3 ~1/10.

Forum Resident
#1946 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 2:13 PM
So i started a completely different style out of my comfort zone! Its more of a contemporary/ modern style house compared to my traditional styles of been doing!

based off this plan. i have altered it a bit but other wise i stuck to the basic layout
I really like how its turning out
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Mad Poster
#1947 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 3:00 PM
Looks like a good start @Tudorman.
You used a larger scale than I would have - you made each 'section' across the front 8T wide, I'da done 5T.
But, it looks nice.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1948 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 3:45 PM
Looks like a good start @Tudorman.
You used a larger scale than I would have - you made each 'section' across the front 8T wide, I'da done 5T.
But, it looks nice.

The greater width is what I was going to point out too, although I'd hate to constructively criticize Tudorman because I know nothing about building for Sims 3.
I might have gone with 6-tile wide, or 5-tile maybe, depending on the building and Sims behavior aspects of Sims 3 which I'm not familiar with.

Edit: As an aside, if a person wanted to make this for Sims 2, a 6-tile center section (in order to allow a centered 2-tile front door) and 5-tile left and right sections might work for a perfect 16-tile wide building to fit on a 20-tile wide Lot.
Theorist
#1949 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 4:50 PM
Oh, that's great Tudirman. I like it!

Forum Resident
#1950 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 5:41 PM
Its a lot different than what i have been doing! And wasn't sure of how it'll turn out!

Thanks

C.T.HOLKO88

Page 78 of 98