Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

OFB Sleep on Community Lots (discontinued)

by Echo Posted 5th Mar 2006 at 4:48 PM - Updated 20th Sep 2007 at 10:35 AM by Echo

83 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 80 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Field Researcher
#26 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 6:53 PM
Thanks i really needed this!

Mornie utúlië (darkness has come)
Believe and you will find your way
Test Subject
#27 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 7:07 PM
I haven't noticed the bug yet, but then again I havent made sims live on a community lot yet. Thanks for this. :bandit:
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I think the problem (assuming you set ticks on the pie menu entries for visitors) is that the game sends them home when their energy is about -60, which is actually not quite low enough for them to go to bed spontaneously. You need a hack to keep them visiting till they're about -90 energy then they might find the beds.

Would you know of any hacks like this? You had one for the Sims 1 that forced visitors to stay until you allowed them to leave, but I don't think you've redone that for Sims 2, have you?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 2:16 AM
Updated. Thanks to Inge's tip, the required sleepiness level for visiting sims to use the bed has been raised (They can now sleep when they reach -40, rather than -90). The visitors now find the beds before they start whinging and going home.

I've run it on my community lot and had two visiting sims autonomously sleep in the beds, so hopefully your hotels will work now. As for the manager, I'm still trying to get one of those myself, but hopefully this will fix that problem as well.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 3:29 AM
djs has a hack that allows sleeping on comm lots and napping on couches

http://www.djssims.com/index.php?category=10

with these two hacks conflict or work in tandem? I want the new sleep threshold but I want to be able to nap on couches too
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 4:30 AM
These two will probably conflict, but how confident are you at using SimPE? If you download dj's hack, open it up in SimPE, then delete the file inside called "Test - Sleep Available?" (that's the one that'll conflict) you'll be able to use both hacks simultaneously.

(For reference, that's the one file both hacks have modified. Dj's allows directed sleeping on community lots, mine has both that and the new sleep threshold. The second file in dj's package is the one that allows couch napping, and won't conflict with any of the files in my hack. )
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 6:36 AM
Thank you! I did what you suggested in SimPE.
Scholar
#33 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 10:43 AM
Thank Echo, once you get a manager you get their face icon along with the owner's and can control them like any other sim, but for some reason there are some things they can't do. My manager can't even relax on the bed as there are no options available.

I'll be very happy to test out the new d/load today
Thank you

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 4:45 PM
Thanks for the update! I'm off to try it in my hotels now!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 5:55 PM
This hack was exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much!!
Scholar
#36 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 7:37 PM
Back again, lol,
I haven't tested the hotel option for visting sims sleeping yet, but I'm sure that will be great
No luck with the managers. I can see why it wouldn't be an advantage to have them sleeping on the job, lol, they'd be getting paid to snooze
I tried the new update on two managers, one a promoted npc, and the other was a neighbourhood sim. Neither get any options for the bed.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to let them go home once in a while, lol.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Test Subject
#37 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 7:02 AM
Autonomy seems to be working really well for me now Echo TY for the update (and TY too Inge). As a side note, and as I stated with the dresser mod I uploaded earlier today, it appears if an item has its price "set" buy a store owner sims won't "use" it, they'll contemplate buying and/or buy it as is normal behavior for the base EP from what I saw before using this or my dresser mod. Which results in the best of both worlds IMHO because it means we can have hotels OR furniture stores at our discretion, with a little forethought when we place the objects.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 4:51 PM
I've had to take this out because it was affecting my playable Sims on their home lots. They were all going to bed WAY too early, resulting in them being totally refreshed at about 1.30 am! Much as I would like to use this mod, since it's been modified it's basically unusable for me because of the effect on the rest of the game.

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#39 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 9:53 PM
Thanks for fixing this problem.. My sims have not been able to sleep in their hotel rooms. lol
Test Subject
#40 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 11:04 PM
I have the hack from before it was edited. I love it, it's working and I have not noticed any new problems with the game. I have had customers autonomously sleep in the beds, though it is rare. Everything is a-okay!
Test Subject
#41 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 2:21 AM
Thank You! Now, if only I could find one that let visitors stay on community lots till all there needs reached -90
Test Subject
#42 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 5:56 AM
Thanks! :nod: I have been waiting for this! Thanks soooo much!

Now all to complete the collection is to age on community lots!
Test Subject
#43 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 6:13 AM
Echo! WOW! What can I say???

Between your amazing harvestable vegies/garden (http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=124003) and Christianlov's ALL-in-One NPC (http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=62777) I can have a BRILLIANT BnB Lot. Based on the one down the road from me!

We're both Melbournians... how freaky cool is that! LOL

Anyway, thanks a bunch.

People, go grab the other 2 mods - they're AWESOME for the Hotel and the BnB ideas!

Blessings to you & yours,

~bewytched.

''The Devil Take You!" they cried.
"He tried" I replied, "until I smiled, and he backed away slowly!"

email:here my website & tarot business:here interested in FS2004 Addons? here
Field Researcher
#44 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 10:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ancient Sim
I've had to take this out because it was affecting my playable Sims on their home lots. They were all going to bed WAY too early, resulting in them being totally refreshed at about 1.30 am! Much as I would like to use this mod, since it's been modified it's basically unusable for me because of the effect on the rest of the game.

Is this because of your sims autonomously going to sleep? Perhaps echo can stick in a check for whether the sim in question is a resident and use the original sleep threshold value, otherwise if the sim is a visitor, then use the new higher threshold.

Alternatively, maybe check if the lot is a community, and only use the higher threshold then? In which case, if you have a BnB or hotel running out of your residential lot, you would get the same problems as before... however, this would be a much simpler check to add.

The check for whether a sim is a resident or a visitor may be just as simple, except maybe when it comes to dorm lots, assuming you can run businesses on dorm lots. If you can't, then it should be a fairly simple check to add as well (probably just check if the sim in question is part of the current family on the lot you are playing). Otherwise, if you can run businesses on dorm lots, then you'd have to add another check in there, if the lot was a dorm lot, and then do further checks if a sim has a college key, since dormies are actually classified as visitors. I ran into this issue when I was working on my college assignment hack. :P

Anyways, just a suggestion.

Ste
Inventor
#45 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 10:41 AM
So useful ! Thank you for this xxx
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 11:52 AM
syberspunk: Sounds feasible. I'm working on another project atm, but when that's done I'll come back and try it out. Thanks for the tip.
Test Subject
#47 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 3:08 PM
Default Thank you!!
OMG, i have been looking all over for this.. ever since OFB was release my first business for my sims in mind was a hotel or resorts.. but found out sims cant sleep on bed on community lots which was verry irritating since they said you can open any business you want.. anyways.. thank you for doing this.. this is my first post in modthesims2.. but i can't just download this great stuff without saying thak you.. well done.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 7:07 PM
I am just wondering if vamps will sleep in coffins on community lots?
Scholar
#49 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 10:06 PM
My managers are now sleeping on business lots Yay, thanks echo, I don't think I'd let them get tired enough before.

My Sims 2 videos
Test Subject
#50 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 11:21 PM
Yes finnaly I'll be able to have a running dragonfly inn for my Stars Hollow town! You are a life saver!
Page 2 of 4