Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Apr 2023 at 5:42 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default two questions. kids and their fitness and home screen
hello simmers!, I wanted to ask two questions, one is about the children in the sims2, it is about their physical condition, no matter how much I make them exercise, (jump rope, warm up at the ballet barre, etc..) always they end up fat or not in shape, to get a child in shape, they must spend their entire childhood exercising (for now I only managed it once), is the game wrong in those parameters?
Second thing, when I enter the game I always see the screen of the last installed pack (mansions and gardens), it's not much work, but I'm tired of clicking, when I enter the game, can that screen be removed somehow? (attached a screenshot). Thank you
Screenshots
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 30th Apr 2023 at 1:19 AM
Making people eat only when hungry has a bigger impact on fatness than exercise. If you cook garden meals from "fresh" food, they can gain a lot of weight in one sitting, and you might need to stop them from eating when they are full. I don't like a mod to exit them out of eating because they should still gain a little bit of weight every now and then, and not wash good food in the sink.

I think children don't have access to most heavy duty exercise machines. Maybe they can do freetime football.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 30th Apr 2023 at 1:59 AM
Make them stop eating when their hunger bar is full and put the leftovers in the refrigerator, if their getting fat bothers you. And don't feed them unless the hunger bar is yellow. Fatness doesn't bother me in sims or in real life, and I mostly let the kids run wild as long as their needs are met and their grades adequate (their childhoods are short enough, god wot, let them enjoy them!), but I don't often have fat kids. Any that care to will have plenty of time to work it off as teens, anyway.

Jumping rope builds fitness very slowly. Playing on the playground can give body points but I don't know if there's a fitness effect. They can use the soccer net, bowl, and play basketball, some of which only affects body and some of which also affects fitness, but I couldn't tell you which. Swimming affects both body and fitness. The ballet barre builds body points but has a negligible effect, if any, on fitness state, which is fairly bizarre when you think how underfed and waifish ballerinas feel obliged to be.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Apr 2023 at 11:45 PM
I think you have misunderstood me, it doesn't bother me that they are fat, neither the sims nor anyone else, each one is as they are or as they can be, I just noticed that in the sims2 children, they are always not in shape or fat... So the juices natural fatten?, is what gave them the most. I don't feed sims if they're not hungry. That's why it seems strange to me that they gain weight or are not physically fit, when I want to do this challenge of mine, it's up to me, some things in this game catch my attention, for example, adult sims when they reach a physical state of at shape, and all the physical points, they never get fat, I don't see that as normal, but a child who eats normally and exercises, gets fat, I mean the game, not the people in real life, please you have to Keep in mind that I always talk about the game, not about the life that I have or the one that others have, so there is no mod that fixes that? I say this because it is NOT realistic (in this games ).