Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2021 at 12:49 AM
Default Custom Default Replacements Crashing Game
Hello! I've been messing around with adding maternity morphs to custom content and decided to add a customized morph to my in game clothing as well. I used the same files as another creator did when they posted individual files of each clothing item enabled for maternity wear and simply took them into TSRW, extracted the meshes, added the custom morph to them in Mesh Tool Kit and imported them back into TSRW. These files worked in my game before I added the custom morph but now they crash CAS every time it loads. I did compress all of these files using S3PE like I do all of my other CC and am wondering if maybe this is what's causing the issue? I ran all the files through the re-compressor before I compressed them into one which I do with every item I edit. I made a mistake the first time by putting the file in my packages folder but then moved it over to my overrides but that didn't fix the problem. The game will start to load in the clothing section when I open it up but none of the thumbnails will actually show up before it crashes out. I'm hoping I've given adequate information on all of this, I have added lots of edited CC to my game using the exact same method without any problems--only have had issues with bad CC--so I'm at a loss as of right now.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 25th Sep 2021 at 11:20 AM
Can you post one of your TSRW project files?

I may be wrong on this, but I think TSRW doesn't make default replacements? So things might be getting renumbered and confusing the game when you import/export into/from TSRW.
Edit: this thread confirms it: https://modthesims.info/t/491462

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Oct 2021 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Can you post one of your TSRW project files?

I may be wrong on this, but I think TSRW doesn't make default replacements? So things might be getting renumbered and confusing the game when you import/export into/from TSRW.
Edit: this thread confirms it: https://modthesims.info/t/491462

Thank you so much! Thought I was just crazy, the information in the link you posted is exactly what I need to get it done. Thanks again!
Alchemist
#4 Old 1st Oct 2021 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PrimaryMinds
Thank you so much! Thought I was just crazy, the information in the link you posted is exactly what I need to get it done. Thanks again!

Glad to hear that helped!

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!