Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 5:00 PM
Default tuning the InTeen 'independent teen' switch.
don't judge

The original creator is gone so I dare to ask there.

Does someone ever tried here to peek&poke around the code of InTeen?

The matter is: the famous 'independent teen' feature starts 7 days before the sim becomes an adult, which is fine if you're playing with standar-ish lifespan. If you're not, especially with case of these 'synchronised' ones (1day==year, 2days==year etc.) the things goes weird.

So I was messing around with the InTeen code trying to adjust it to my preferred lifespan, preferrably by creating a overriding tuning package. And besides getting confused and reminding of bad memories of modding Fallout I/II, from the times when I was young(er) and - according to my wife - handsome - I am kinda lost. Putting this lightly. There is a tuning file with ages definition however, it seems to be ignored. Changing the values of Teen/child lifespan have no effect. Seems like the actual arithmetic is hardcoded but I could not find where. It's quite possible that the answer is pretty trivial and I just cannot see it. I have examined as carefully as I could most suspicious BHAVs (like "am I old enough?" called numerously while checking if the teen is able to move out etc.) but I cannot see a damn thing.

So - I'd be grateful for any suggestion if by any chance someone played with the InTeen code before.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 7:39 AM
I eventually figured out this; but also thanks for PM and directing to proper topic [ https://modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?t=647497# ]

case closed.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"