Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 2:47 PM
I think we have new chest hair.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 4:08 PM
Is it just me (as I rarely have my Sims dance. Sad I know) but does it look as though there is a new type of dance being shown in these screenshots? With a new dance floor too?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 4:36 PM
I guess this is another SP I'm going to pass, though I want those MC Hammer Pants.

Also I heard they teach 80s and 90s for kids in history classes nowadays. It's a sad day when you realize your history now
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 4:38 PM
You're right, actually, that could be a new dance. Also, another possibility: Might we see a new radio station with this pack, perhaps retro-themed? It wouldn't be unprecedented, Fast Lane Stuff added the Rockabilly one years ago.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 4:46 PM
Love the 70s furniture! It reminds me of my granddad's house *memories*
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 5:31 PM
Was the "Hi-Five" interaction always there? D:

Field Researcher
#32 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 5:31 PM
Nope, old dance moves in the screenshots. Just high hidden dance skill.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 5:49 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 9th Nov 2012 at 3:26 AM.
Edit: This wrong, NVM.

And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#34 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 5:53 PM
I'm digging that new 70's fireplace that hangs from the ceiling.

Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
You're right, actually, that could be a new dance. Also, another possibility: Might we see a new radio station with this pack, perhaps retro-themed? It wouldn't be unprecedented, Fast Lane Stuff added the Rockabilly one years ago.
I would LOVE some new stations. Maybe a disco one, and an 80's new wave style.

Edit: Here's the official trailer, since it was just posted on you tube, and I didn't see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVvU1hbPATI
Alchemist
#35 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 6:11 PM
Yay! More 70's stuff for Mid-century homes!

I come in peace
#36 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 6:49 PM
The dance floor lights up and changes colours! Just saw it in the new Trailer they just played in the live chat event.

New music channels are Rock, Rap, and Disco.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 7:04 PM
Didn't rap come with Late Night? I think they're just adding new songs to it, but it's not really new.

And I wonder if the dance floor is actually a dance floor object or just a glowing rug.

Mad Poster
#38 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 7:06 PM
The entertainment system with the smaller TV in it reminds me of the first one I bought. Could only afford the 19 inch TV, 25 inch TV's were very expensive. I thought it looked great too, now not so much. LOL!!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 7:32 PM
To be honest, this stuff all looks fucking horrible. Why oh why, EA? Just why?

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Field Researcher
#40 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 8:17 PM
i like the grunge stuff, and i think some of the 80s stuff would work for me (if not recoloured...) but i doubt i'll get this one. too much stuff i'd rather not see my sims randomly wearing out to the park on any given afternoon. i'd think about it if i had lots of expendable income, but i'd rather just download custom content that is usually of better quality anyway, and save for expansions.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
New music channels are Rock, Rap, and Disco.

*looks up from keyboard*

If they don't include Simlish AC/DC and Led Zeppelin, I will have lost all faith in humanity.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Theorist
#42 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Was the "Hi-Five" interaction always there? D:

The high five I think is from the "Woo!" interaction that party animal sims get during parties. Late Night gave us hip-hop so rap is new. Three new music genres in a stuff pack, that's definitely a record. As good as the new furniture and clothes look I wasn't sure if there was enough content to justify the price but the new music did it for me. Or old music in some cases. Not only does this pack look at some pop culture history but some of The Sims' actual history as well. Nice touch.

I hope at least some of the stuff like the Freezer Bunny shirt is available for teens. Collection folders for each decade would be really nice, too bad they didn't answer my question in the chat.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 11:08 PM
Originally I wasn't interested in the pack, I know I won't be using the clothing but the furniture is fantastic!! I'm excited.

19 - Female - Australia
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 11:28 PM
From the demo, I think EA has actually reached a new level of stingyness. I'm shocked that with three very distinct decades, they have left out so many different possiblities. I mean, when they showed the CAS for male sims it was near barren. What? Obviously they didn't females but even the number of items looked pretty scant. Have a feeling that this is another stuff pack I'll be skipping (haven't bought any since Master Suite). It's a shame too because it was such a good idea for a SP.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#45 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 12:01 AM
Stuff packs for the most part don't come with too many clothing items to begin with. It's usually about the items, and there seems to be some cool stuff in there.
Forum Resident
#46 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 12:13 AM
I agree with Justin about the lack of male clothing items in this. HUGE disappointment for me on that score. I also found the 80s furniture, for the most part, hideous. Loved the paintings, but the dining chairs and sofa looked nothing like anything I ever saw at the time.

I'm sad to say I'm skipping this until I can get it for a $10 price point...
Field Researcher
#47 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 1:42 AM
I can't read your comments over the awesomeness of the parachute pants. I'm sorry.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 10:20 AM
i'm really not liking this one. it looks like it will enable 70/80s clothes for our townies sims to wear so they will be permanently stuck in the past. do not want.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#49 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 1:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by writerchick
I agree with Justin about the lack of male clothing items in this. HUGE disappointment for me on that score. I also found the 80s furniture, for the most part, hideous. Loved the paintings, but the dining chairs and sofa looked nothing like anything I ever saw at the time.

I'm sad to say I'm skipping this until I can get it for a $10 price point...

EA's goal with the Sims 3 is to over exaggerate everything. The Sims 2 gave us nice, realistic sets/items to to with, and over the tops silly items as well. The Sims 3 doesn't do that as often, which is a bit annoying. The 90s set in this pack is a very understated. Also, it looks like the 70s is the main set of this EP, similar to how racing was in Fast Lane.

While I love most everything about the 70s set, 90's is lacking. There was, what...? 3 Outfits, a painting and table, a chair and a bookcase. Not even a matching grunge couch - which is sad, because that 80s couch is useless, where as the grunge chair is useful.

Forum Resident
#50 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 4:31 PM
If they include the "Hammertime!" dance to go with those parachute pants, I'm sold!

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Page 2 of 7