Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 8:04 PM
I just want the 90s stuff, my childhood right there. Everything else can go away
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#52 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 8:10 PM
There are like... 7 90's things, which aren't even all that 90s. XD

We don't even get a new fugly gaming console and mp3 player disguised as a CD player.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zandvoort
Yay! More 70's stuff for Mid-century homes!

The 1970's were NOT mid-century, either by math or by furniture design.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#54 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 10:08 PM
^Then what would you call it?

Test Subject
#55 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 11:12 PM
I might actually buy this one. First Stuff pack I'll have purchased since S3 came out. Abuhwhut?
Mad Poster
#56 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 11:26 PM
I am getting it because I really want the hairs and the objects. Although the '70s are not midcentury per se, lots of the mid-century and retro modern homes had the furnishing in them, I lived in one as a teen. So my homes will be getting an upgrade, or downgrade...however you see it.

I like it.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Inventor
#57 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 11:39 PM
Finally, a worthy successor to Katy Perry Sweet Treats.

Field Researcher
#58 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 12:00 AM
I really thought we would get door-knocker earrings with this SP and I was hoping there would be a high-top fade haircut. Oh well, my Salt-n-Pepa and Big Daddy Kane sims will have to wait.
Forum Resident
#60 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
^Then what would you call it?

Craptacular?

I mean that in the nicest way possible...

The reason I find this disappointing is I was looking for things more like this:

http://www.tvhistory.tv/1970-79-UK.htm

The whole egg- or round-shaped aesthetic is something that appeals to me, especially when looking at 1970s stuff. I honestly don't know what you'd call it, other than streamlined or egg.

I'd love to have had one of those egg chairs that is almost like a cave you sit in, instead of just faintly rounded (think the game already has a modified less-eggy chair).

Even shoes and hairstyles in the early to mid-70s had that rounded aspect. (Remember Toni Tenille's hairstyle, or Dorothy Hamil's wedge?)

Crunchy-granola macrame items and other craft-y things like people made in the 1970s would've been great deco.

What I'm saying I guess is that the disco stuff is okay, but it seems a lot like all the other boxy-modernesque items we already have, so I was hoping for things which would expand my options for a 1970s environment and clothes.

It's not that I hate this SP... it's just that I'd want it to be a lot more awesome than it is. So I'll get it, eventually, but it's not a must-have for me as soon as it comes out.
Test Subject
#61 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 12:49 AM
I have to say this might be the first SP I'm not interested in in the slightest, I prefer modern stuff. Of course I don't count Katy Perry Sweet Crap as a proper stuff pack But this will be great for people who make themed neighborhoods etc., maybe for storytelling...

I'm glad they try to give us something different, at least. I don't think there was a stuff pack like this in Sims 2, correct me if I'm wrong
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#62 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 1:25 AM
Pets had all the mid-century stuff in it. University was the 70s (and some grunge so 90s as well, I guess). The 80s was void from the Sims 2, for obvious reasons. It's fugly. Not really a pack, but the bits and bobs were there.

Speaking of packs, when are we going to get an architecture SP for this game?

Mad Poster
#63 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 1:47 AM
I still wish they would've gone with Decades Stuff to avoid the, "what era had what," debates.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Alchemist
#64 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 2:04 AM
Hmm, that 80's leotard looks hot. Darn, I miss the 80's. Such fun times.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#65 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54

Speaking of packs, when are we going to get an architecture SP for this game?
An architecture and a clutter pack. I agree, we need one.
Eminence Grise
#66 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 5:58 AM
I miss the SIXTIES. Now THAT was a REAL decade. We thought we were changing the world And we did, kinda, in a few places

Seventies and eighties were fun too... less meaningful but more hedonistic...

As for the nineties, I don't even really consider that the past, lol. I guess nostalgia stops after you turn thirty

What I don't understand is why EA had the likes of Sarah and King presenting this stuff pack. They are not old enough to understand those times!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#67 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 6:09 AM
The only person old enough to do-so is Lucy (From my memory) and she's more than likely waaaaaaaaaay too busy. :p

Instructor
#68 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
I miss the SIXTIES. Now THAT was a REAL decade. We thought we were changing the world And we did, kinda, in a few places

Seventies and eighties were fun too... less meaningful but more hedonistic...

As for the nineties, I don't even really consider that the past, lol. I guess nostalgia stops after you turn thirty

What I don't understand is why EA had the likes of Sarah and King presenting this stuff pack. They are not old enough to understand those times!

I have to agree with you Sri. I was born in the early 60's and doubt very much any of those "kids" have a real grasp on the 70's and 80's.

As an aside, that particular leotard was pretty much exclusively Olivia Newton John. I never saw anyone at the gym in anything like that. I mean, we did all wear DanSkins and baggy sweat pants over them, or sweat shirts. Occasionally we'd see leg warmers. I'm not suggesting that Long Beach, CA is the hotbed of fashion, but. . .

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Field Researcher
#69 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 7:56 PM
I like this SP, if only for the 70's items. My grandma and grandpa sims can now have appropriate furnishings for their homes! And, it can be fun to have pieces trickle down through the generations. I would love for there to be just a pure 60's SP, too.
Instructor
#70 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 8:24 PM
I'm really excited about the new music categories which are Rock, Rap and Disco They finally added Rock genre!

Fear is only in our minds ♡ Taking over all the time..❤
Scholar
#71 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 9:51 PM
Okay, I'm having to necro a thread about a SP that isn't out yet. Scary

New community blog up on the UK sims site: http://gb.thesims3.com/community/blog
Mad Poster
#72 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 9:58 PM
Don't worry about it, I was looking for this thread the other day. Got sidetracked and had to leave the computer, glad it's on the front page again.

I find it troubling that it wasn't on the front page.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#73 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 10:01 PM
It took dogged determination... It had fallen to page 15

We are so fickle.
Forum Resident
#74 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Periandre
It took dogged determination... It had fallen to page 15

I would've quit at seven... :D
#75 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 12:23 AM Last edited by fairycake89 : 13th Jan 2013 at 12:40 AM.
you never lived through the 80s if you never had to scold your bf for wearing more eyeliner and hairspray than you.
you never lived through the 80s if you don't find men in kilts kinda hot. Dudes In Kilts

Dudes Not In Kilts But 80s Hot
you never lived through the 80s if the whiff of hairgel and the sight of a sharp dude inna suit doesn't get your dander up :P

Fairycake89 80s babe
Page 3 of 7