Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#351 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 4:27 PM
Sango_91 if u have deleted the vertices then... thats the reason, and make sure u didnt add them either. and Tig did mention it in the tutorial.
If not, then try to do it all over again
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#352 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 5:17 PM
$RamRom$ - uvmaps and vertices are not the same thing, the error is about uvmaps. You're right that deleting vertices will cause problems - the mesh will display 'exploded'

Sango_91, what program are you using to edit the obj file?

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Lab Assistant
#353 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 5:33 PM
I used Wings 3d to edit my Mesh.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#354 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 6:36 PM
With the vertex mapper? I'm not sure what other settings you might need, are you following the directions here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=57446

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Lab Assistant
#355 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 8:02 PM
I think I'm going to read it through carefully tomorrow because now I'll have to learn for my class test.
Test Subject
#356 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 5:16 AM
Im having problems with steps 8 & 9. It wont let me RIGHT CLICK > Mine doesnt even say "Geometric Data Container: yada yada . . . [you know]" I'm so confused.
Instructor
#357 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 1:36 PM Last edited by $RaMRoM$ : 7th Apr 2007 at 1:40 PM. Reason: wanted to add a quote
Quote: Originally posted by MonkeyBuisness
Im having problems with steps 8 & 9. It wont let me RIGHT CLICK > Mine doesnt even say "Geometric Data Container: yada yada . . . [you know]" I'm so confused.

MonkeyBuisness,
Its the new SimPE, it doesnt show Geometric Data Container before the name anymore, a picture would help me understand, cause im not sure about the right-clicking thing
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#358 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 5:27 PM
Right click? DOUBLE CLICK is not RIGHT click. Look for the thing ending with GMDC, I do see that SimPE has changed and is no longer writing the long name out. I'll try and update the pics sometime soon. But the name is still there. Do not get LOD get the other one. Look for the 4 endings.

I gave you plenty of information so that you could find that data. I gave the exact names in the text (and I did not write things like "Geometric Data Container" in front of it.) I gave you the name of the filename it will be in also (Sims03, etc)

Test Subject
#359 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 5:52 PM
My mesh is finished, everything is done, o I wanted toexporty it from milkshape,with wavefront obj. but everytime I want to do this, it says:
This version has expired, you cannot save your work anymore...

What o do, how can I export it than?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#360 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 8:17 PM
strovod - pay for milkshape

Test Subject
#361 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
strovod - pay for milkshape

I can't I'm just 14 and my parents wouldn't lett me, and I'm not sure if its worthed...I will search for something else, there must be another way, but thanks for replying so quickly!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#362 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 8:33 PM
Strovod, if you want to edit body meshes, there are not many free choices at all.
You could try blender or wings 3d - if you follow the _extra_ directions as listed in the faq/infocenter - both have specific plugins/routines that are needed to do the edits.
At that point you are limited to doing meshtool edits - only moving vertices, and not too far.

By the way, your game cost money too. It could be your parents want to know that you will really use it - but learning how to edit something in 3D is a pretty neat skill. There are some talented 14 year olds who do make things for the game. Maybe you can convince them over time if you do stick with meshing. (I'm a parent too) Good luck!

Test Subject
#363 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 6:26 PM
RIGHT I REALLY CONFUSED..i did what it said but i can't open my file on the simep thingy...do you no what i've done wrong..
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#364 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 6:40 PM
Not without more information, no. Like exactly what are you trying to do, on which step, and what is the exact full text of any error messages you're getting?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#365 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 3:23 PM Last edited by _-Rowena-_ : 14th Apr 2007 at 7:10 PM.
Hi,

I finished my Mesh (thanks), but I don't see the dress in Bodyshop. I saved the mesh in My Documents--> EA Games--> The Sims 2--> Downloads. I copied it and put it in SavedSims, but it didn't help.
So where do you have to save it? And is the dress then suddenly in your game?

(sorry if my English isn't correct, English is not my first language)
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#366 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 11:17 PM
Rowena, in the InfoCenter there is an article 'my mesh doesn't appear'. Generally speaking though, when a person is doing a beginning tutorial and having this problem the answer is to go through carefully step by step and do it again. For testing purposes when it comes time to edit your mesh, just do something really simple, like pull on one vertice and make a big point on your mesh, and then finish the instructions. Then you can see if your new mesh is showing up easily without taking extra time. If that works, go and do the edit again with your planned changes.

Test Subject
#367 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 7:15 PM
My thing won't load for #10. What's happening?
Instructor
#368 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by moppyXD
My thing won't load for #10. What's happening?

What do u mean by #10? do u mean step 10 in part 1? give me more information 2 make me see if i can help u
Test Subject
#369 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by $RaMRoM$
What do u mean by #10? do u mean step 10 in part 1? give me more information 2 make me see if i can help u

Never mind, I fixed it. But now I'm stuck on # 30 in the "Editing Your mesh (finally!)" part. my computer just doesn't have the thing that says EXPORT or XYZ. Do you know why?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#370 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 2:45 AM
because you don't have plugin view up? or you're not clicking on the gmdc but on some other part, like the gmnd?

Instructor
#371 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moppyXD
Never mind, I fixed it. But now I'm stuck on # 30 in the "Editing Your mesh (finally!)" part. my computer just doesn't have the thing that says EXPORT or XYZ. Do you know why?

Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
because you don't have plugin view up? or you're not clicking on the gmdc but on some other part, like the gmnd?

or maybe u dont have directX 9.0c!?

try getting it here
  • Scroll tell u see "Needed Software to run SimPE"
  • Click on "Managed Direct X 9c (only if you want to work with Meshes)
    "

and continue the download!
Test Subject
#372 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 11:07 PM
Hi, Tig .
Thank you for this wonderful Tutorial
But i have make a mistake, and i dont know whats going wrong, perhaps you have an idea ?
The problem is, that the skintone of the body looks darker than the skintone of the head , and there is a "border" between body and head at the neck ( sorry, my english is not so good, i dont know how better to explain ).
Have a look at the pictures , and you know what i mean...
old mesh :

new mesh:

Instructor
#373 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 8:59 AM
hmm..., I made "MakeUp" before and It came with a wierd skin color, but i think its because of the graphics, cause when I changed it, it looked better!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#374 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 10:23 PM
Darksister, this is a new one. I expect something happened to your normals, but I am at loss as to what or how.

Did you try the project a second time? If not, please do that. Perhaps you accidentally hit a key that did something to the mesh that we've not seen before.

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#375 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 10:37 PM
It's also possible to get an effect like that if you have tried to replace the bump map in your recolour file with a new one and haven't done it quite right. Using the standard import/build DXT functions does work but you have to set the image format to 8BitRaw after that in order to have it work properly, or you'll get weird shading like that.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Page 15 of 21