Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 15th May 2012 at 2:16 PM
The Woman.

4/10

It was okay, nothing special. It had terrible background music.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 15th May 2012 at 2:47 PM
The Avengers 9/10
Cool movie.
Loved the part where Hulk screams and Iron Man wakes up.
Mad Poster
#53 Old 19th May 2012 at 7:28 AM Last edited by RoseCity : 19th May 2012 at 4:24 PM.
Dark Shadows - 2012
4/10
It starts out and it's slightly comical, mixed with violent moments. But as it goes along the comical goes away and it's just ridiculous. Johnny Depp is somewhat amusing as Barnabas Collins ('Fear not, drunkard.) ; Michelle Pfeiffer is competent, Eva Green is terrible. Of course H Bonham Carter is in it and is also terrible in a pointless role. I give it a 4 because I only had mild urges to get up and leave.

Infamous - Drama - 2006
8/10
This film covers the same material as Capote. I didn't like Capote; I thought this was a lot better. Toby Jones is fantastic as TC; I guess that means he should've won the Oscar that year. Sandra Bullock is really good as Harper Lee. Daniel Craig plays Perry Whatever His Last Name Was, one of the murderers. Also a great performance.
Inventor
#54 Old 22nd May 2012 at 3:00 AM
Apollo 18
5.5 or 6 (being a bit generous) /10

I'll admit that they did do good when it came to setting up the atmosphere and suspense, and did at least a decent job of making you care about the characters, and they seemed to put a good amount of effort into making it seem as authentic as possible. Truth be told, there was really only one major problem with the movie. Unfortunately, it was such a huge, glaring problem that it sunk the entire ship. What was it?
It had the single. Worst. Alien monster concept. EVER.

What could have been so bad about it?

It was so bad you wanted it to be funny, but it was too awkward to really laugh at.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 10th Jun 2012 at 8:30 PM Last edited by RoseCity : 10th Jun 2012 at 8:48 PM.
Prometheus - 2012 - SciFi
6/10

It was okay. Michael Fassbender was good as the android, David. (The spaceship is strangely spacious with plenty of gravity, even though you can't see how they're making it.And that's just the start of the inexplicable happenings.)
Mad Poster
#56 Old 10th Jun 2012 at 8:33 PM
Vertigo - Alfred Hitchcock - Suspense...of sorts?

I'd give it an 8/10. Granted, I slept through portions of it, but the parts I saw weren't as Afredy Hitchcokian as I would have liked. Still, overall, it was an interesting film and I enjoyed the several and various vertigo-inspired camera shots throughout the film.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#57 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 9:42 AM
Shallow Hal - DVD- Romantic comedy
9/10
Guys probably won't like it, more of a chick flick
Inventor
#58 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HelloBethy
Shallow Hal - DVD- Romantic comedy
9/10
Guys probably won't like it, more of a chick flick

I'd always heard that it's usually women who are the ones who hate it. *shrug*

MegaMind -2010 - animation/comedy
8/10

It was funny and kind of cute, but without the stuff that people seem to find annoying in the Shrek movies. It really is a pretty fun movie.
Forum Resident
#59 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 5:12 AM
Lion King 2 Simba's Pride.
8/10
Reason being is that after coming to the disturbing realization that if following the rules of a lion pride, Simba and Nala are actually brother and sister ...disturbing and a little twisted if you ask me...but then again I doubt that the audiance it was meant for would think of such details...

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Top Secret Researcher
#60 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 10:39 AM
Prometheus - 2012 - SciFi

8.5/10

I really liked it, but it just felt like the start of the story and left too many unanswered questions. Think I would have preferred to wait for a sequel and watched them together.

It only had a few stupid illogical bits in it. I found it a little strange that they were sent on a trillion dollar space mission but had to wear bandages instead of underwear!
Forum Resident
#61 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 2:32 PM
Toy Story 3 10/10

I loved it! It's one of those films I stick on for the kids but never properly watch. I actually got to watch it last night and it was fun and quirky with all the charm I expect from Pixar

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
The Avengers

7.5/10

Alright, people are going to kill me for not giving this movie a near-perfect score; but really, the Hollywood needs to put more effort in developing the storyline and scripts, rather than just counting on the shiny special effects, good-looking characters, explosions and destruction, and corny jokes to be their selling points

I don't think I'll ever watch that stupid movie. Sorry. I've watched Hollywood just keep messing up Comic Books to make into movies. Spider-man sucked, Superman sucked, Thor sucked, Ironman was decent.

But every movie that was made from a comic book, they always mess it up. And for some reason filmmakers in the USA, can't remake a movie to save their life. For instance the Japanese horror films they try to remake, suck.

ANYWAY, excuse the rant.

Hanna

9/10

People may disagree with me. But damn, that movie was awesome. That girl was a kick ass assassin. I loved when she supposedly killed Marissa but it was her double. Just the look on her face, was priceless. But there is a lot of action in the film. I am telling you, Hanna was kick ass. I've seen it at least...20 times now.

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Forum Resident
#63 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Levera
But every movie that was made from a comic book, they always mess it up. And for some reason filmmakers in the USA, can't remake a movie to save their life. For instance the Japanese horror films they try to remake, suck.

Oh I don't know about that! 300, Sin City and Watchmen were all kick ass films!

So I don't break the thead.....

Day and Night (a pixar short) 8/10

A great little unique short that carries a good message (which is cut out of the youtube link) but even without the message it's an original idea with great execution.

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
Theorist
#64 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 10:39 AM
War of the Words 2: The Second Wave ( SyFy )

The aliens come back in their mothership, which houses a squadron of spore fighters. George ( protagonist ) and Pete ( Pete is played by Kid from Kid 'n Play ), who passes out at the sight of blood, escape from the mothership and play around an empty town doing stuff. The two guys run into a sick man and his sick-ish daughter who seems on her way to becoming a zombie. The sick man is sick with a sickness that the aliens can't deal with, and the daughter survived all their experiments. This is what we learn from them: The aliens have captured many people and are homogenizing their blood, which somehow makes it fit to consume by destroying the microorganisms inside, so that they can drink it. So George sticks a needle in the sick man and injects sick blood into himself. Then George and Pete go find a damaged alien tripod and get inside it. There is some floating pod in there that all alien vessels have and they are all attached somehow. So Pete injects it with sicky blood, which transmits to all alien vessels, and all the aliens die. Three months later, Pete and George and son are having a bbq and alien talking is heard on the radio, suggesting that War of the Worlds 3 be made.

2/5 sick SyFy blood cells
Top Secret Researcher
#65 Old 15th Jun 2012 at 2:52 AM
The Rocky Horror Picture Show

10/10

Hell yes, just an amazing movie. Love the music. And Tim Curry, just made the best freaking Transvestite. And Susan Sarandon did such an amazing job. LOVE LOVE IT!

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Inventor
#66 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 12:41 PM
Picnic at Hanging Rock
Peter Weir 1975

9/10

A magnificent film, as simple as can be, as complicated as can be, as impenetrable as the Rock itself.

I haven't watched it for a long time but it hasn't aged a bit; obviously timeless as well.

IMDb link
Test Subject
#67 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 12:50 PM
Pan's Labryinth 9.5/10
Forum Resident
#68 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 2:50 PM
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

7.5/10

I thought this movie would be horrible, but it's not! The axe swinging scenes are great, however, things happen out of nowhere and key elements to the plot seem to just pop up randomly.

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Field Researcher
#69 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 3:11 PM
The Ring

7.5/10

I had never been brave enough to watch it! But didn't actually find it that scary, and enjoyed the storyline!

-and in that moment, i was infinate.
Rubric Wrangler
#70 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 5:12 PM
Brave - 9/10

Definitely not what I was expecting, based on the trailers, but still really really good! The art is absolutely amazing, Pixar has outdone themselves creating magnificent visuals. Funny and charming.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Scholar
#71 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 5:51 PM Last edited by minimogut : 9th Jul 2012 at 2:10 PM.
Brave 9.5/10
I gave it a nine and a half out of ten because I loved the storyline, parts of it made me laugh, parts of it made me cry, the acting was great and Merida didn't have to end up with a prince! My mom (who has been to Scotland) said that the opening scenes when it shows the landscape look exactly like Scotland. My only complaint was that Merida did seem a bit whiny at times (and the fact that corsets weren't around at that time period) but those were very small things I noticed. Overall, I can't wait for the dvd to come out so I can watch it again!

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Mad Poster
#72 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 2:13 AM
Pariah - 2011 - Drama
10/10
It's about a gay African American teenager in Brooklyn with an unpleasant, religious, homophobic mother. Great performances, great script. The cinematography is nice - a lot of golden light.
Theorist
#73 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 2:42 AM
People Like Us
/10
Instructor
#74 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 5:52 PM
I saw Brave last night...

Well, either it didn't have a good plot or I didn't understand the depth of it, in my opinion. It was just that Merida was seeming to be pretty... what's the word... I don't know, maybe a little demanding and annoying in the beginning, and it seemed like through the duration of the story, she didn't change nearly as much as she should've. She was still a little cowardly, except maybe slightly less in the end. (which totally contradicts with the name of the story...) After seeing the good reviews everywhere, I really expected more. She just got what she wanted in the end. That's all.

So I think I will give it a 6/10.

♫ She's got sunset on her breath, I inhaled just a little bit now I got no fear of death ♫
Mad Poster
#75 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 12:52 AM
Moonrise Kingdom - 2012 - Dramedy?
I didn't like it, but if you like Wes Anderson films, you might. I guess it's getting good reviews. I'm not going to rate it because I fell asleep about half way through and every now and then I'd have moments of consciousness, and then go back to sleep. I wished I could leave almost from the start - it had a forced quality. I liked Rushmore and that was the last Wes Anderson film I liked. The cinematography was good - super 8? - it definitely had a color feel like snapshots of that era.
Page 3 of 38