Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#76 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 3:39 AM Last edited by vhanster : 2nd Jul 2012 at 8:35 AM.
Men In Black 3 - 8/10

Yes, I enjoyed this movie more than I have enjoyed watching the Avengers. Problem?

(And when I think about it, giving Avengers a 7.5 is too lenient. Should've given it 6.5 at most )

Quote: Originally posted by missy harries
Oh I don't know about that! 300, Sin City and Watchmen were all kick ass films!

Well, that's YMMV. I don't want to start a debate about comic-book based movie adaptation, but just because you say it's kick ass, doesn't mean it applies for others (who may think those movies you mentioned are worthless crap. I haven't watched any of them, so I say no comment).
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#77 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 4:03 AM
Love My Life

10/10

I am sucker for lovey dovey movies. I am more of a sucker if it is based on a Yuri (GirlxGirl Anime/Manga). And that is what Love My Life is. It is such a cute movie. I loved every moment of it. Eri is in love with Ichiko, and vice versa. And Eri would do anything for Ichiko, and vice versa. Some cute scenes, and of course there are some sad scenes. Why did I rate this a 10?

Because finally I can say there is a decent love movie between two girls. I know there are more out there. But I think this is my number 1 choice ^.^

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Test Subject
#78 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 4:30 AM
The most recent movie I saw was The Last Airbender...
I though this movie did not do justice to the tv series at all. And being a huge Avatar fan, I was horribly disappointed.
Theorist
#79 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 11:26 AM
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Should have been the fun, asskicking massacre we wanted. Instead tried to be real and failed, but succeeded in killing my wallet and time.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xXxPrince Of DarknessxXx
I don't think I'll ever watch that stupid movie. Sorry. I've watched Hollywood just keep messing up Comic Books to make into movies. Spider-man sucked, Superman sucked, Thor sucked, Ironman was decent.

But every movie that was made from a comic book, they always mess it up. And for some reason filmmakers in the USA, can't remake a movie to save their life. For instance the Japanese horror films they try to remake, suck.

ANYWAY, excuse the rant.

Hanna

9/10

People may disagree with me. But damn, that movie was awesome. That girl was a kick ass assassin. I loved when she supposedly killed Marissa but it was her double. Just the look on her face, was priceless. But there is a lot of action in the film. I am telling you, Hanna was kick ass. I've seen it at least...20 times now.

I love that movie!

Chronicle
8/10

I really liked this movie, but some of it was just a bit too 'seen it before' for me.
Undead Molten Llama
#81 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 10:06 PM
I saw Brave and Moonrise Kingdom last week.

Brave was, to me, just OK. It's been a long, LONG time since I've seen a movie in 3D (I don't often see movies in theaters, preferring to wait for the DVD), so that was interesting to me. But the movie itself was, to me, nothing special. It was certainly (a lot) less than I've come to expect from Pixar. (Up is one of my favorite movies, period.) I just couldn't connect with the heroine; she annoyed me more than anything. However, I did like her mother in both, um, incarnations. But overall the movie was just a timefiller to me. I think I actually liked the short before it better than I liked the movie! As far as ratings...Meh. 5/10

I loved Moonrise Kingdom, though. But that's not surprising because, if it's a Wes Anderson movie, I'm pretty much guaranteed to at least like it, if not love it. But in this case, I was very impressed with the kid actors, mostly because they didn't come across as Standard Hollywood Kid Actors (TM) and felt more like real people, for all that the characters they played were VERY dysfunctional. I was also impressed with the very low-key Bruce Willis; I've always liked him. And a similarly low-key Bill Murray, too. I think I actually like him better when he's being more serious than comedic. The cinematography was just wonderful, too. Great film, IMO. Rating: Loved it. 9.5/10, the half-point removed for what was, to me, very pointless doggie bloodshed.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Test Subject
#82 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 2:36 AM
I recently saw Chronicle. I'm giving it a 5/10, and that's being generous. I was somewhat excited by the trailer, but the movie really failed to deliver. There was no plot other than "Teens get super powers; shit happens", and that really disappointed me. The special effects were okay, but the only character that I could relate to, the main character, Andrew, turns into the antagonist.
Mad Poster
#83 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 2:37 AM
The Woodmans - 2010 - Documentary
10/10
It's about a photographer I like a lot - Francesca Woodman - and her family. I thought it was excellent - about the life of the artist and the mysteries of life and death.
Instructor
#84 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 4:31 AM Last edited by piggypeach : 12th Jul 2012 at 8:47 PM.
The new spiderman...

9.5/10

I loved this because it had a plot I could keep up with while still being really intriguing. Something my mom pointed out about it that I completely agree with is that in the movie, none of the good guys or the bad guys were completely and totally "good" or "bad". They all did some bad stuff and some good stuff. It was realistic in that sense and I liked that. I didn't even notice or mind the length of the movie (2.5 hours) because I was very into it the whole way through. Good job Hollywood!

(Also, Andrew Garfield is sooo hot! :lovestruc )

It lost 0.5 because... I don't know, it's got to be a movie that really went off the scale and then above and beyond, and then above that for me to give it a 10... I'm a critic in that sense.

♫ She's got sunset on her breath, I inhaled just a little bit now I got no fear of death ♫
Theorist
#85 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 4:50 AM
Brave 9/10. I love how it's about mother/daughter relationship and I can totally relate to Merida, we're similar in a lot of ways and I just can't believe how Elinor is just like my mom. It's like they made the movie just for me. It really hits home. The only animated movie that has ever had. Scratch that, it's the only movie that has ever had.

The Amazing Spiderman 8/10. Andrew Garfield isn't that attractive to me but overall it's pretty good. Not the best though.
Test Subject
#86 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 6:14 PM
Avengers... 10/10
Just amazing, The only bad part was my mom drooling all over Thor the whole time.
Men In Black 3... 8/10
Could've had a better intro but all of that story stuff and the end. OH GOD T_ T
It is good, And I do recommend seeing it, Just not at a drive-thru that you're going to be at until 2 in the morning!
Theorist
#87 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 3:30 PM Last edited by vhanster : 11th Jul 2012 at 4:43 PM.
The Amazing Spiderman - 7/10

Much better than the original trilogy, IMO. At least Peter isn't a dorky loser like the the previous Spiderman; he's still a nerdy genius but his also confident and sarcastic personality makes him seem less of a failure. And the leading lady (Gwen Stacey) isn't some sort of Damsel in distress whose only impact to the plot is to be kidnapped by the bad guy and get saved by the hero.
Instructor
#88 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 2:23 PM
Mean Girls 2.
0/10, and I'm not even kidding.
If you are a big Mean Girls fan like me, don't ever watch this movie. Actually, do, so you realize how great the first one is.
This one is so corny and children-aimed that it's almost grotesque. The worst words said were "testosterone" and "virgin".
It's pure blasphemy, I'm not surprised it was one of the biggest flops of 2011.

Sucker Punch.
9/10
Ok this is one of my favorite movies of all times, even though it's almost unknown to everyone. It came out in April 2011 and it's pure, concentrate, glossy eye candy.
The cast is great, the soundtrack is amazing, the visual effects are Oscar-worthy. It wasn't very successful because the storyline (even though it's nice!) wasn't as good as the technical side of the movie, but I adored it. I saw it in the theater and bought the DVD the day it came out. If you're looking for an action movie with girls fighting, in a '50s mental house/high-end brothel atmosphere, and you like samurais, dragons, robots and WWII nazi wastelands, this movie is for you.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Mad Poster
#89 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 5:51 PM
^ I liked Sucker Punch too - I loved the production design. I'm not sure but I think a lot of people said they hated it without ever having seen it. I liked it more than Moonrise Kingdom.
Theorist
#90 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 12:46 AM Last edited by Phoeberg : 15th Jul 2012 at 4:06 AM.
Dirty Girl.

9/10.
I'm really surprised how much I liked this movie. I thought it would be a comedy, a sort of stereotypical high school set up, but it was actually really touching; I almost cried! And it's amazing how a bag of flour can be so cute.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Forum Resident
#91 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 10:38 AM
I saw "Sleeper" on Netflix. A '70s Woody Allen film.

WTF / 10.

"Given enough time, hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going." - Edward R. Harrison
Alchemist
#92 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 7:25 PM
Wanted 7/10
it was pretty good,i loved the car chases and the gun fights and the other little bits in the film.but it was predictable i know what was going to happen in the end but i would so watch it again.

I Know Who Killed Me 3/10
for me it was not scary at all and the plot of the film was not very good.i knew what was going to happen,nothing special or good happends so i would not watch it again i found it hard to sit through it the first time.

Scary Movie 2 and 3. 4/10
they are good and funny and worth watching if u need a laugh or like films that take a piss out of other films

Lion King 2 3/10
it was good but not as good as the first,it does not have as good of music as the first.some of the charaters i love and i laughted alot.i would watch it again.

The Hills Have Eyes 2 4/10
it was good its what i expect from The Hills Have Eyes,but not as funny as the first one but i still liked it and would watch it again.

30 Days Of Nights 2/10
it was ok i could not sit through it.not enough happend found it abit boring.

Stomp The Yard 5/10
i liked it,the normal kind of plot for a dance flim.i loved the dances moves and would watch it again.

up 8/10
i loved it,it was funny and also sad.i loved it so much i would watch it a million times lol

Wanderlust 5/10
was good and funny,the plot to it was very good but was abit boring in parts but also found myself laughing very hard in some parts.

Men in black 3 4/10
it was ok but not as good as the first or secound.not as funny either i thought the plot was ok but i would not watch it again even though i love the men in black films

those are the films i have watched this week.

Whatever people consider to be normal, it never is.
My Simblr
My Youtube
Alchemist
#93 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 3:44 PM
I know its a double post i am sorry
These are the films i have seen this week.

A Cinderella Story: Once Upon a Song - 5/10
It was a good film with a good storylike,it was a typical disney kind of films.there was good music and singers in it,Lucy Hale has a really good singer voice and i am very happy she got to sing in this movie.

Labor Pains - 5/10
the film was funny in parts.i think they could of done some thing diffrent to make it better,the acting was ok but would of chose i diffrent female lead.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 - 2/10
the film went on for a very long time and it did not really hold my attention,i think they could of cut some stuff out,this film is not as good as the first couple of Harry Potter films,i enjoyed the special effects they where my favourite part.i love the Harry Potter films but each films got more boring then the next.

Harlem Hostel - 1/10
was rubbish i had to force myself to watch it,it got boring in the first 10 mins.

Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer - 5/10
i love the Fantastic 4 movies the first one was my favourite,this one was good and it held up to the first movie but was not as great,and it had less funny bits in it.

The Love Guru - 3/10
was good and funny but would not watch it again,they could of made somethings to make it better.

Thunderbirds(2004) - 4/10
this film was not as good as the old ones but it does still stand on its own.it was good but i would not watch it again because it does get abit boring.

The Tourist - 4/10
i only watched this film because it had Angelina jolie,it was not her best film or her best actings,it had a very nice plot too it and some great racing scenes in it.

Geek Charming - 5/10
typical disney movie but i found myself enjoying it,a good storyline and the ending was better then i thought it would be and it was sweet.

Unspoken - 6/10
this is a short film only around 15mins long but i wish it was a long film that would be shown in cinema's.i enjoyed watching it and i did not want it to end,they handled everything great and a great plot too and the acting was better then i thought it would have been i would watch it forever.

Scary Movie 4 - 4/10
i found myself laughting from the start,these kind of films i cant watch again because they wont be as funny.but i do hope they keep making those movies.

Devil - 4/10
this was a good movie i have never watched a horror film that revoles around a elevator.i like how the day keep going back and they try to figure out who the killer was,i guessed who the killer was from the start but i liked the way the people where killed and the special effects make up was very good and not corny at all.

The Da Vinci Code - 1/10
if i could i would rate it zero,it was rubbish and boring and went on for too long,the storyline was rubbish and the acting was bad.i would not recommend this movie to anyone.

My Simblr
My Youtube
Mad Poster
#94 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 5:53 AM
London Boulevard - 2010 - Drama
7/10
The story is cliché - man gets out of a prison and tries to go straight. It's a good B movie with a stellar cast - Colin Farrell, Keira Knightley, David Thewlis, Ray Winstone.
Field Researcher
#95 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 6:39 AM
"The Da Vinci Code" (Not only is this the last movie I've really watched, but, I feel the need to give a more in depth review than that above me - I know it's supposed to be kept short, but, if we're going to review, people should get some kind of substantial idea and I, unfortunately, have never been good at keeping it short).

8/10 - I've just purchased the book (as I was just able to get my hands on a fairly decent copy), so, I don't know how much I would have liked the movie had I read the book (which I'm planning to do just as soon as I make my way through the "Left Behind" series), but, as for the movie:

- It's got Tom Hanks. I'm being completely biased, and the movie probably got 5 points from me merely on his role, because, I love Tom Hanks. He's always been a fabulous actor, and, no matter what role you stick him in, he does great.
- Great production. Doesn't surprise me, as Brian Grazer and Ron Howard were involved, but, I especially liked the production aspect of it all. Clean-cut presentation.
- It got a bit confusing at times. I pride myself in being able to keep up with the up keep in most situations (that could just be the Gemini in me), so, I don't appreciate being out of the loop, even for a few seconds, which I was a few times throughout the movie. Though, I'm sure it wouldn't have happened had I read the book, but, this is based solely on the movie.
- Great story line. Yes, it was long, and yes, it was daunting at times, but, when I did understand it, I was able to follow it, and, it kept me intrigued the entire time. This following statement is not at all being said to insult the above reviewer, but, it takes thought to watch. We all have some movies we like to just plug in just to have a good time or watch mindlessly to blow some time off, but, this isn't one of them.
- Strategic Line Placement. Any good writer/director/whoever does it knows just when to have the Comedic Relief come in and I thought they did a fantastic job with this movie. It kept the moments light without making them hilarious - which would have not only been grotesquely out of place, but, distracted from the whole purpose of the film.
- It made you think. I think that was one of my favorite parts; I'm really into religious studies, so, I, of course, had to buy "Breaking the Da Vinci Code" with the aforementioned book, because I imagine if the movie had me thinking "Well, what if Mary was married to Jesus? What if we got that wrong?", the book would be so much more intriguing. I had to get both view points of everything.

Queen of the Land of Typos.

Check out my simblr.
Theorist
#96 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 9:06 AM
The Dark Knight Rises - 8/10

Okay, while Nolan's directing is excellent as always, I do not appreciate having Catwoman stealing most of the action spotlight when this is supposed to be a Batman movie. Wayne himself spends too much time of the movie angsting, though he did get over it. Love the fact that a lot of the cast from Inception here... Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Tom Hardy, Cillian Murphy... Too bad there was no Ellen Page
Inventor
#97 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 9:47 AM Last edited by GigaRevival : 24th Jul 2012 at 9:59 AM. Reason: Goonies never say die.
I *just* watched Catfish.
I give it a 7.5/10. It's certainly an intriguing look at online dating/relationships - and even if it might be a fake documentary, it was still pretty darn good.

"Goonies never say die."
Alchemist
#98 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 8:24 PM
Here are the films i have watched this week so far (i am not writting much because i dont want to give away the storyline to people who have not seen it)

Teeth - 5/10
This film is about a girl who has teeth in her lady parts and it keeps her safe from guys who are trying to take advantage of her. This film was good and i thought bits of it where very funny and the whole plot of the story really goes well with the story and i think it would speak to some people but without the teeth ofcourse.

The Watermen - 3/10
This film is about a group of watermen who find a group of people and torturn and kill them really.I got told this film was good and intrested so i watched it and not much really happends,i was expecting something great to happen and it never did so i was kind of disapointed.i usally laugh and horror/gore films and this one did not make me laugh or freak out at all.bad storyline too.

Deadgirl - 2/10
Two high school boys discover an imprisoned woman in an abandoned mental asylum who cannot die. This film sounded great but it was very disapointing and not much intrested happend and the acting was not up to par either.

Stick It - 7/10
After a run-in with the law,a girl is forced to return to the world from which she fled some years ago. Enrolled in an elite gymnastics program,the girl rebellious attitude gives way to something that just might be called team spirit.This film is one of the best films i have seen in some time,it is funny and shows true spirt.a great storyline and acting too,i would watch this film again.The gymnastics where great and the ending just made me very happy.

Rumor Has It - 5/10
a woman who learns that her family was the inspiration for the book and film "The Graduate" and that she just might be the offspring of the well-documented event.This film is avange but very funny,i dont really have much to say about this film but i would watch it again.

Raising Helen - 6/10
After her sister and brother-in-law die in a car accident, a young woman becomes the guardian of their three children.Its and funny and a heart touching tale and it made me cry.

Unstoppable - 4/10
With an unmanned, half-mile-long freight train barreling toward a city, a veteran engineer and a young conductor race against the clock to prevent a catastrophe.This film did bore me abit but i liked the ending.

The Lorax - 6/10
A 12-year-old boy searches for the one thing that will enable him to win the affection of the girl of his dreams. To find it he must discover the story of the Lorax, the grumpy yet charming creature who fights to protect his world.This is about a young boy who go in search of a tree to win the heart of the girl he wants,along the way he learns why all the tree's are gone and he get to meet the cute and love animals.some good musical numbers in it and the ending is lovely and throughout the film is funnny and made me laugh.

Ella Enchanted - 5/10
Ella is under a spell to be constantly obedient, a fact she must hide from her new step-family in order to protect the prince of the land, her friend for whom she's falling.a great funny film,children and adults will enjoy alike and some great musical numbers in it too.

Snow White and the Huntsman - 5/10
In a twist to the fairy tale, the Huntsman ordered to take Snow White into the woods to be killed winds up becoming her protector and mentor in a quest to vanquish the Evil Queen.I love the special effects,i had to watch it over 2 days because it went on for over 2 hours.i hope they make a number 2 because they left it kind of on a clifthanger.

Fly Away Home - 6/10
A father and daughter decide to attempt to lead a flock of orphaned Canada Geese south by air.i love this film it reminds me so much of my childhood and i have watched it so many times i would recomand this film to people,it is funny and heart touching.

LOL - 2/10
As a new year at school begins, Lola's heart is broken by her boyfriend, though soon she's surprised by her best friend, promising musician Kyle, who reveals his feelings for her.it was not that good at all the storyline was ok but the way they went about it was rubbish,my favourite part was when they had clips of them falling in love to music that is the only good part in the film.

My Simblr
My Youtube
Mad Poster
#99 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 12:49 AM
The Dark Knight Rises - 2012 - Super Hero
9/10

I liked this a lot. Usually I hate the blue filter, but despite that, this film has a great look. And great direction. Also this film has a lot of Christian Bale out of the bat suit, so if you enjoy looking at Christian Bale, you're in luck. See it on the big screen if you can.
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 2:07 AM
Funny Face (1957) - Musical/Romance

6/10

There's no doubt that Audrey looked stunning and Fred Astaire's dancing was top notch, as always. But there was no chemistry between them whatsoever and no reason why I thought they might like each other. Scenery is fantastic, though, and a pretty decent spoof of the fashion industry for its time.
Page 4 of 38