Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#11576 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 8:53 PM
I reckon a fame mod could be done with traits. I have actually made a Superstar trait, but it doesn't really do anythin right now because I don't know enough about modding. I kinda want to make it so Superstars can influence for free, maybe give them the beauty wish treatment and have randos drop off date rewards, that sort of thing.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#11577 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 10:08 PM
I'd love to see a sims 2 get to work mod that is similar to the sims 4 GTW game pack where you can follow your sims to work, have them do work related tasks that ties in with your promotion,have set hours like 9 to 5. After your sim is done with their work tasks, you can shoot the breeze with other employees until your shift is done and go back home. Of course sims would still have the requirements for the job at hand, friends, charisma, logic, creativity, etc. I would love to see a hands on, scientific, detective, and a musical career with singing or dancing or both, or maybe a movie star career like the get famous TS4 pack.
Mad Poster
#11578 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
I'd love to see a sims 2 get to work mod that is similar to the sims 4 GTW game pack where you can follow your sims to work, have them do work related tasks that ties in with your promotion,have set hours like 9 to 5. After your sim is done with their work tasks, you can shoot the breeze with other employees until your shift is done and go back home. Of course sims would still have the requirements for the job at hand, friends, charisma, logic, creativity, etc. I would love to see a hands on, scientific, detective, and a musical career with singing or dancing or both, or maybe a movie star career like the get famous TS4 pack.

Chris Hatch has made a mod that lets you follow your sims to work and set up workplaces for them.
Mad Poster
#11579 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 8:15 PM
Quote:
- a minor fix mod that makes the sim look burnt or shocked as soon as lightning strikes them (like in the beta) as it looks odd on how the screen freezes for a split second after they get shocked to show that they are now burnt. i probably worded that horribly but it just doesnt sit right with me

As far I've had it happen, they not only look shocked and burnt, they usually make a puddle on the ground. Then they either fix themselves up in the bathroom, (feeling outwardly ashamed of themselves) or go home if they're visiting. They definitely do not look normal!

The reason the screen freezes for a second is the amount of animation that it requires to make that bolt of lighting. it's pretty heavy-duty animation, and some computers do freeze badly on it. My older one didn't even start for about a minute after one.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#11580 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 9:10 PM
I wish there was a mod where hunting for bugs just involved taking their picture and releasing them - I hate that they kill them for the bug box! Also, why isn't the bug box worth anything? It should be sellable.
Forum Resident
#11581 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pickles89
I wish there was a mod where hunting for bugs just involved taking their picture and releasing them - I hate that they kill them for the bug box! Also, why isn't the bug box worth anything? It should be sellable.

You can say they just take a pic of them and put the pic in the box, can't you? I don't think there's a whole lot of evidence to suggest they don't do that, right?
Scholar
#11582 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
As far I've had it happen, they not only look shocked and burnt, they usually make a puddle on the ground. Then they either fix themselves up in the bathroom, (feeling outwardly ashamed of themselves) or go home if they're visiting. They definitely do not look normal!

Yes, and if they are townies they can wander around for some time looking burnt. I had 4 different sims get hit in one night on a community lot and it took me forever to track them all down and Gussy them up.
Field Researcher
#11583 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 2:47 PM
You can say they just take a pic of them and put the pic in the box, can't you? I don't think there's a whole lot of evidence to suggest they don't do that, right?

I tried telling myself that but you can see the pins!
Field Researcher
#11584 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 2:50 PM
I don't suppose there's a way to stop gardeners from nicking my money tree simoleons is there? If not that would be a great mod to have!!
Field Researcher
#11585 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 3:22 PM
You could fence them and lock the gate? Put the in the attic and lock the door?
Theorist
#11586 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 4:29 PM
I don't suppose there's a way to stop gardeners from nicking my money tree simoleons is there? If not that would be a great mod to have!!

I know I used to have a mod that stopped vistors from touchin the money tree. However upon searchin my download zips I can't seem to locate it. I Googled and found Visitors can't take from Money Tree . It says I thanked it so this must be the mod I once had

There is Landlord only gardens communal areas

So maybe between these two it might save your money trees
Mad Poster
#11587 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 5:46 PM

Pescado's mod left gardener untouched, saying it seems to be intended for him/her to take money. You can keep your trees in room with "removable" door, just in case if gardener ignores locks.
#11588 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 4:59 PM
I'd love a social worker overhaul.
I like the idea of the social worker coming to take neglected or orphaned kids, but I will never get over the fact that the kids disappear into a void until they're adopted and that they lose their memories and relationships/family tree.

My ideal social worker overhaul mod would be that the kids can still be taken away, but that they're transported to a lot that you have designated as an orphanage. They're still playable and have their memories and relationships intact. They can be adopted, but when they're adopted they're still shown on their original family tree. The "Found Family" mod can be used with the kid and their adoptive parents so they are still family but the tree won't show that they are biologically related. Parent Sims would still get the memory and consequences of losing their child. Parent Sims could also put their kids up for adoption to be sent to the orphanage. Children would get the memory of being taken away and adopted. And maybe when they aged to a teen if they were never adopted they would get the "Never Adopted" negative memory. I think this would add so much to the game, I would totally pay someone to create a mod like this.

Edit: Oh also it's important that after/if they're adopted that their adoptive parent gets wants/fears and memories relating to their adoptive child (wants them to go to college, memory of them getting married, the child counts towards LTW wants)
Field Researcher
#11589 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
I'd love a social worker overhaul.
I like the idea of the social worker coming to take neglected or orphaned kids, but I will never get over the fact that the kids disappear into a void until they're adopted and that they lose their memories and relationships/family tree.

Not sure how much this will play into what you are looking for, but kids taken away by the social worker don't lose their memories until they are adopted. So, if you want them to keep their memories and be at an orphanage, you just have to move them into the orphanage using Sim Blender or something like that. You can also use Sim Blender to make a child into a relative of new parents, without it changing the family tree.
It doesn't allow for memories of being adopted, and I don't think the new parents get the same kind of wants about their new kid moved in in this way that they would from an adopted kid. And there isn't a memory of never being adopted, which would be cool.

I think there may also be a mod where you can choose to have your children adopted, but I am not sure.
Scholar
#11590 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 6:05 PM
I'd like to see the names of the items in CAS. If I download a bunch of hair and check it out, if there's one that doesn't look good, it's really hard to find it to delete it.
Mad Poster
#11591 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 11:34 PM Last edited by sushigal007 : 2nd Oct 2020 at 11:07 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
I'd like to see the names of the items in CAS. If I download a bunch of hair and check it out, if there's one that doesn't look good, it's really hard to find it to delete it.

Download Cat's Tooltip Adder. Plop all your Bodyshop content through it so the tooltips are the filenames. Then turn boolProp on, hit Shift and N, and hover over the thing.

ETA: While I'm here, I'd love a plugin for SimPE that allows me to edit mesh morph names and comments without having to export the whole thing to Milkshape. I understand having to do it to add a morph, but when all I want to do is change ~01MORPHMOD.0 to ~01MORPHMOD.1 to make it look neater, it's a little tedious.
Alchemist
#11592 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 9:18 PM
In another thread, someone was asking how to get Sims to read in their library, and it made me think it would be nice to be able to set appropriate behaviors for lots. E.G. - this is a library. Read or do homework, don't play punch you punch me.
Mad Poster
#11593 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
In another thread, someone was asking how to get Sims to read in their library, and it made me think it would be nice to be able to set appropriate behaviors for lots. E.G. - this is a library. Read or do homework, don't play punch you punch me.

"Read Books Autonomously" by mrclopes. Requires Freetime and Apartment Life.
https://modthesims.info/d/318284/re...tonomously.html
Mad Poster
#11594 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 11:37 PM
I want a mod that makes collections available in dorms by default. I put all my CC in collections and hide it from the catalogue, so it's especially annoying for me. There's no reason at all for them to be disabled. Yes, I know there's a cheat for it, but you can only have it aliased in the userStartup.cheat and I'm sick of having to keep reactivating it every time the lot loads when I want to buy a CC sculpture or painting or mod item or change the wallpaper.
Forum Resident
#11595 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 7:35 AM
I'd like a simblender style of mutual ignore this sim autonomously. It would be great for enemies and also for sims that annoy the crap out of your sim. Mutual being target sim won't interact with your sim anymore and your sim won't interact with the target sim autonomously.
Mad Poster
#11596 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 8:49 AM
@pianogrinder -I couldn't agree more about wanting that because EA coded sims to behave like they're in kindergarten towards others they don't get along with and even older kids know better than to interact with somebody they don't get along with and ususally choose to ignore them and not interact together.I wish autoanomous interacting with sim enemies was fully disabled though user-directed to try to fix the relationship could be done.
Field Researcher
#11597 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 1:21 PM
I'd like a mod that stops YAs from. Automatically going to class. Maybe a pop.up tells you it's time for class, but you have to tell them to go.
Mad Poster
#11598 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 7:05 PM
Someone asked in another thread how to fix their messy roof/wall interactions, and it got me thinking with all the clever modders out there, there's someone with the chops to throw together a few pieces of fake roof that could be put on the angled OMSPs that already exist and pull colors from the actual roofs installed, or that have to be recolored to match, one or the other, that could be used that way. Be awful useful for fixing up fancy roofs like House of the Rising Sun, err, Falling Leaves, in downtown, and I'm kind of surprised I've never seen it.

(For our non-USAian members, House of the Rising Sun is a folk song about a real place, that was, depending on who you ask, a brothel, a gambling establishment, or an opium den, or all of those, and definitely haunted. It's a fairly simple tune and ends up in beginner instrumental music lessons commonly often, leading to interesting and sometimes awkward explanations to elementary aged students' parents. You know, if you don't tell your kid the lyrics, they'd just think it was a song with a weird name for the next six weeks . . .)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Theorist
#11599 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 10:34 PM
@Sunbee
The title of the song sounded familiar. I didn't pay attention to the lyrics. I usually understand a few words or sentences when listening to anglophones songs.
I know of the French adaptation of this song called Le pénitentier by famous singer Johnny Hallyday.
Alchemist
#11600 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 11:11 PM
@Coriel_Muroz the closest I've seen is Dizzy's random go to class:
Quote:
random-goto-class: Requires Uni EP. Makes the "Go To Class" impulse somewhat random. [P + O <= 2 * (R - G), where P = playful, O = outgoing, R = random(0..2000), G = grade

If you want to try it, ilikefishfood uploaded Dizzy's AL mod archive: here (the archive is for AL, but the mod says it just requires Uni).

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Page 464 of 576