Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2021 at 8:07 PM
Is there any way to convert a Sims 3 sim to Sims 2?
Hi!

I was wondering if it's possible to convert a originally made Sim from The Sims 3 to Sims 2 in any way (such as coding or maybe a mod to do so). There are many Sims of mine I'd like to simply convert to Sims 2 instead of recreating, and this popped up at my head.
Same with meshes. Any way I can convert a Sims 3 file (in which case, the Sim) to Sims 2 (the usual .package we use at any CC download etc.)?

Any help will be appreciated, I reeeeally want a way to do it. It'll make it much easier to play for me.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Oct 2021 at 9:57 PM
Nope. Not in a "direct" way, anyway. It's often a lot of work for each individual sim.

The individual pieces of CC, like hair and clothes can be converted. Some CC might be a bit more difficult, like skin (due to it being more of a colored overlay in TS3, plus the UVmap being off), and makeeup is a bit iffy too (UVmap plus the overlay issue). Body size/shape is a no-go (you get only the base clothing, as there's no body sliders in TS2).

You can copy the face features roughly by taking pictures of the TS3 sim and using it as a guide for the TS2 sim, but there's no way to copy the TS3 face to a TS2 sim, since they use completely different systems and aren't compatible in any way.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Oct 2021 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Nope. Not in a "direct" way, anyway. It's often a lot of work for each individual sim.

The individual pieces of CC, like hair and clothes can be converted. Some CC might be a bit more difficult, like skin (due to it being more of a colored overlay in TS3, plus the UVmap being off), and makeeup is a bit iffy too (UVmap plus the overlay issue). Body size/shape is a no-go (you get only the base clothing, as there's no body sliders in TS2).

You can copy the face features roughly by taking pictures of the TS3 sim and using it as a guide for the TS2 sim, but there's no way to copy the TS3 face to a TS2 sim, since they use completely different systems and aren't compatible in any way.

Tee-hee, then I'll have a really long work to go. Thank you for clarifying, I'll try finding ways to convert at least the CC on my Sims from 3.
Xoxo.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aspersim
I don't think so since the sims 2 uses a complete different game engine then the sims 3, and three are no fat or muscular sims in the sims 2 without adding CC.

There are "fat" and "muscular" morphs in Sims 2... they're just.. nowhere near as noticable as in Sims 3.

Am I the only one who is annoyed the "fat" female body still has a flat stomach?

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 7:00 PM
Technically, you can make the "fat" morphs as big as you want them, so you don't have to stay within the confines of exactly the size of an EAxis morph. But not entirely sure how a very large fat morph and a regular sized pregmorph would combine, so that would probably need some testing. They most likely work best if they're not too different from each other and the main mesh in size.

There's no actual muscular morph included, it's just a muscular skin (although it may be possible to mod a mesh/morph in for the muscular part of the skin, but don't quote me on that...)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 10:07 PM
There is a muscular mech somewhere because there are muscular body wares on this site MTS, but I don't know where to find the mesh for those clothing's, don't care currently because I've gotten enough CC in my opinion now anyway

In a completely vanilla game, there is no muscular mesh, just a different skintone. Which has completely blew my mind I SWEAR they were different but I googled it and Simmer22's right. In my defense I don't have many muscular sims.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 10:27 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 20th Oct 2021 at 10:49 PM.
To clarify, I don't know if anyone has tried to link up and/or morph the fit skin to a separate morph, which is why I'm unsure if it's possible (I think the fit skin has separate resources, but I haven't looked much into them, as I've never bothered much with modded skins). Since there isn't a morph for the fit skin already (it uses the regular body), I don't think it's easily done. Maybe a modder can figure it out eventually if it is possible. So far I don't think anyone has done it, but I could be wrong.

There is a muscular mech somewhere because there are muscular body wares on this site MTS, but I don't know where to find the mesh for those clothing's, don't care currently because I've gotten enough CC in my opinion now anyway

Those are just clothes with "bodytypes". You can get various bodytypes as showerproof meshes (meshes linked to skintones, so sims will have the same bodytype when naked), but clothes still work as regular clothes - the meshes just look more muscular.

There's a whole heap of bodytypes over at Insim, if you want some starter kits or just want to see what it's all about (Marvine, Warlokk, Bloom, Netra, to mention a few). There are lots of newer projects on bodytypes going on in various places, too.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 10:51 PM
@Aspersim The huge Bodybuilder sim is on the Insimenator forums; one of the links works but the other is formatted wrongly. They are here in case you want them:
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,41144.0.html
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,43818.html
More bodyshapes here:
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/board,57.0.html
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/board,732.0.html
Mad Poster
#12 Old 21st Oct 2021 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Am I the only one who is annoyed the "fat" female body still has a flat stomach?
She looks nice and curvy -- a lot better that the fat male body. He has a huge, ugly, disfiguring beer belly.

Unfortunately, due to playing The Sims too much, and not taking enough exercise outside, I have the fat male body. (In my case it's not caused by drinking beer. Before the pandemic I drank about half a pint of beer a year! Even less now!!)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 21st Oct 2021 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
To clarify, I don't know if anyone has tried to link up and/or morph the fit skin to a separate morph, which is why I'm unsure if it's possible (I think the fit skin has separate resources, but I haven't looked much into them, as I've never bothered much with modded skins). Since there isn't a morph for the fit skin already (it uses the regular body), I don't think it's easily done. Maybe a modder can figure it out eventually if it is possible. So far I don't think anyone has done it, but I could be wrong.

When mapping meshes to skintones, you can map different top and/or bottom meshes to each of the fit, normal and fat states (described in SimPE as cut, nude, and soft). But I've yet to see any top or bottom mesh with any more than two additional morphs in them, those being the fat and pregnant morphs.

While not being a mesher myself, I would assume that someone could add an additional fit morph to the top and bottom nude meshes (which are the meshes used in making a skintone) but doing so would require more effort, particularly if they wanted to keep the fat and preg morphs. Or there could be a limit to the number of morphs a mesh can have - I don't know. And then I also don't know if within the coding of the game, it would recognize that new fit morph. As you pointed out, the fit state is a change in the skin. The game might be coded to only use the fit skin rather than even look for a fit mesh since they didn't include it in the game originally.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth