Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

BodyShop Mechanic [Updated March 14 2009]

by Dr Pixel Posted 9th May 2007 at 12:21 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:11 PM by Nysha

131 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 121 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 2:55 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#27 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 5:31 PM
Thank you, this is amazing, you are amazing, I love it.
Scholar
#28 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 6:39 PM
This doesn't seem to work with BV...When I click "Run Bodyshop" it greys out like it's starting up then goes back to normal 2 seconds later.
Test Subject
#29 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 6:31 PM
I can't sem to get the file every time I try it says: diagnostic message the file is dammaged or has an unknown size
Scholar
Original Poster
#30 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jonesi
This doesn't seem to work with BV...When I click "Run Bodyshop" it greys out like it's starting up then goes back to normal 2 seconds later.

No, the "run BodyShop" option won't work with BV - unfortunately Maxis didn't provide any way to automatically tell what the folder name is with new expansion packs so I have to code them in myself with each new expansion.
Once I can afford BV I will update the program. It won't be until next month, though - things are a bit tight this month.
Test Subject
#31 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 8:42 PM
it works!!!! :D

Thank you soooooo much!
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 8:13 AM
hello!i installed it in the config folder but it still says i can't find it
Test Subject
#33 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 5:19 PM
Thanks bunches for this cool tool! I seem to be having a problem with the screen size though. It won't open at 1024x768 and BSM won't run bodyshop for me. It does everything else it's supposed to though!

So long and thanks for all the fish!
Test Subject
#34 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 3:56 AM
Nice.....Hey!Does my pic show.

MD
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 8:04 PM
I cant seem too get this Fantastic program too work either i have all Ep's an Stuff Packs except Teen Style Stuff it worked before i got BV please Dr.Pixel i need this great Tool will you be updating it soon? Please.......................

"The only thing too fear is fear it's self."- FDR
"As you slide down the bannister of life,consider me a splinter."~Jason Crawford
Test Subject
#36 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 12:19 PM
This is everything I've been looking for. I hate the Bodyshop lighting and I hate how you can only use 2 poses in Bodyshop. My prayers have been answered! Thank yoooouuuu!!!

Please. DON'T ask me who Frazier is, or I'll hurt you.
Test Subject
#37 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 7:01 PM
Wow, I don't know what to say,but thank you so much!

I'm not a poster; I'm a downloader, because I'm interested in the products here. :)
Instructor
#38 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 11:23 AM
Default Dumb questions
Firstly, thanks so much for this idea. For a creator like myself that hates loading the game and taking pics this is a God’s send!

Sorry about sounding dense (I’m going to pretend it’s a problem with me not being a English native speaker )

I have a doubt about changing the poses: we have to close BS to chose another one (that I get) but we don’t have to close Mechanic, right? Than we chose another pose and hit “run BodyShop”… am I right?

How about the files in Config: if we don’t want to be using Mechanic – I use it for photos – do we have to take them out somewhere?

Thanks again!

When all Courage is necessary, all Hope is justified!

To know something about me read: this interview
Scholar
Original Poster
#39 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexasrosa
Firstly, thanks so much for this idea. For a creator like myself that hates loading the game and taking pics this is a God’s send!

Sorry about sounding dense (I’m going to pretend it’s a problem with me not being a English native speaker )

I have a doubt about changing the poses: we have to close BS to chose another one (that I get) but we don’t have to close Mechanic, right? Than we chose another pose and hit “run BodyShop”… am I right?

Yes, that is correct.

Quote:
How about the files in Config: if we don’t want to be using Mechanic – I use it for photos – do we have to take them out somewhere?

Thanks again!

You do not need to remove any files from the Config\ folder.

When you run BodyShop again (not using the Mechanic program) it will still use the last pose and lighting you had selected with the Mechanic program.

If you want it to use the Maxis default pose and lighting instead, you can use the Mechanic program to change back to those after you quit BodyShop - you don't have to run BodyShop again at that time. What it does is to change the extension on all the pose and lighting files in the Config\ folder that you are not using from ".package" to ".off"

BodyShop will also have the last background picture or color that you set still available.
Test Subject
#40 Old 22nd Dec 2007 at 8:50 AM
Thanks for updating this for BV. I missed being able to use this tool.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 1:23 AM
Thanks this rocks!!! I love the background changer amazing job!

Sims Utopia...where your sims dreams become reality!

Click above to check out my site for more updates :)

New Roleplay site Sims Utopia the town that never dies..
Field Researcher
#42 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 4:01 PM
Just calling to say, I have BV and TSS, and it works! Thanks for the update! :D

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Instructor
#43 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 11:23 PM
The Bodyshop Mechanic is saying it cant find Bodyshop!! What's wrong, it won't load Bodyshop!! It was working for awhile now all the sudden it's not...

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 5:29 AM
It stopped working for me when I installed the Glamour Life stuff pack. When I installed Nightlife expansion pack, it started working again. So it depends on what you recently installed. It may not be able to find the new folders.
Instructor
#45 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 4:12 PM
But I never installed anything else...it just stopped working all the sudden. How can I fix it????

**edit** I'll try and reinstall it...

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 7th Feb 2008 at 1:10 AM Last edited by eletrodj : 9th Feb 2008 at 12:17 AM.
Is it work with BV and Teen Style Stuff? I have all expansions packs and stuffs.

Edit: Works well with BV and Teen Style.

It's alright to make mistakes you're only human. Inside everybody's hiding something. Take time to catch your breath and choose your moment. Don't slide.
Instructor
#47 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 1:13 PM
0.17 and 0.18 worked with Bon Voyage, they don't with Free time though =/
Instructor
#48 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 3:05 PM
Are you gonna update for Free Time? I hope so, because it doen't work with FT now and I like this tool a lot.
Forum Resident
#49 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 10:57 PM Last edited by SparkleSim : 19th Mar 2008 at 2:53 AM.
It's freakin' awesome! However, I did put the files in a folder (I called the folder 'Bodyshop Mechanic') and then put that folder in: MyDocuments/EA games/Sims 2/Config like you said but the poses and lightings are still greyed out. Are you supposed to put both the notepad and the "pocketknife thing" in that folder? Or are you supposed to put something somewhere else? Do you separate the two?

Please come check out my SIms 2 Story "Love Child" Caution: Must be 18+
Test Subject
#50 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 6:46 PM
That's so awesome thanks!!!

I just don't get people who say they "don't listen to music."
That's just wrong, that's like saying you hate life...
Page 2 of 6