Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

BodyShop Mechanic [Updated March 14 2009]

by Dr Pixel Posted 9th May 2007 at 12:21 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:11 PM by Nysha

131 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 121 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Test Subject
#76 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 7:26 AM
I'm having trouble getting this to run. I tried checking the help .html and it says there should be a window that shows all my expansion packs and yet I never saw it the first time I ran the application. It segways immediately into "cannot find bodyshop.exe". I've tried to get into the application and change it using the 'Setup' button on the toolbar but nothing happense.
Dunno what I did wrong.
Test Subject
#77 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 12:40 PM
thank you very much
Scholar
Original Poster
#78 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Warbourne
I'm having trouble getting this to run. I tried checking the help .html and it says there should be a window that shows all my expansion packs and yet I never saw it the first time I ran the application. It segways immediately into "cannot find bodyshop.exe". I've tried to get into the application and change it using the 'Setup' button on the toolbar but nothing happense.
Dunno what I did wrong.

The program first looks at the registry to see where you have installed the game. The problem here seems to be that it can't find the registry entry.
If it can't find any folders the window will not open since there is nothing to show.

What expansions and stuff packs do you have installed?

And were any of them installed without a disc - that is, through the direct download option on the EA site?

If this is a standard install (all from discs) I would try these things, in this order:

1} Shutdown and restart your computer and try the program again.

If that doesn't work -

2} Delete the entire Bodyshop Mechanic folder, then download it again and re-install it.
Test Subject
#79 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 12:00 PM
I have the same problem that "cannot find bodyshop.exe" and try the 2 ways. But nothing changed = =|..and when I clicked "Run bodyshop", just opened my original game installed folder(like this --> X:\The Sims 2).

Could it be set manually?

p.s.I have installed all expansions and stuff packs except celebration use the default folder name. And all of them were installed without disc.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 3:21 PM
Thank thank thankyouthankyou thankyou for updating this! And now it's way faster than the earlier edition I was using.
Scholar
Original Poster
#81 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaxReni
I have the same problem that "cannot find bodyshop.exe" and try the 2 ways. But nothing changed = =|..and when I clicked "Run bodyshop", just opened my original game installed folder(like this --> X:\The Sims 2).

Could it be set manually?

p.s.I have installed all expansions and stuff packs except celebration use the default folder name. And all of them were installed without disc.

The new version (.27b) will now ask you to manually set the game installation folder if it can't find it.
Test Subject
#82 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 3:55 PM
now it works well. :D

really thanks! it's so useful
Test Subject
#83 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 10:40 PM
I have set it up to use Apartment Life, yet it still won't let me use the poses or change the background. Why is that?

I have Doubled Deluxe,Free Time,and Apartment Life.
Test Subject
#84 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 10:47 PM
Wait..I think I've fix it. XD
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 1:45 PM
Thank you for the updated version, DP!

However, I seem to have run across a glitch of sorts. I used this program to disable my Downloads folder and it seemed to be working fine. Unfortunately for me, a bad file in my SavedSims folder crashed Bodyshop, and when I returned to the mechanic's window, a blank pop-up box appeared that didn't go away no matter how many times I clicked on it.

I did find my way around it though, but I had to end Bodyshop Mechanic's task and go into my Sims 2 folder to restore the "Downloads_off" name back to "Downloads" manually in order to do so. When I started Bodyshop Mechanic back up, it started working like normal again.

Other than that, I haven't had any other problems with it, and all the new features are extremely useful. Great job once again!

Contests? Challenge? Custom Content?
Find it all, and more, in the link below!
(~☼ Sim Oasis ☼~)
Scholar
Original Poster
#86 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TenshiiAkari12
I used this program to disable my Downloads folder and it seemed to be working fine. Unfortunately for me, a bad file in my SavedSims folder crashed Bodyshop, and when I returned to the mechanic's window, a blank pop-up box appeared that didn't go away no matter how many times I clicked on it.

Thanks for letting me know. This problem is corrected in version .28 which is available now.
Test Subject
#87 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 11:07 PM
Love the program. Enjoyed using it back when I was still creatin' stuff. Very handy.

I have had the same problem for several versions now...it seems that everytime I attempt to load a custom .bmp or .jpeg, I get a BSM crash. Everytime. All other featuers (I have several custom poses, the modelling hack available here is a great source for those,btw) work fine. Regardless of version of BSM, regardless of which version of BS I run (Mansions and Gardens, FYI), regardless of the size of the .bmp/.jpeg, regardless of which directory I put them in, I still get the same error.

Thanks!

Fionn
Scholar
Original Poster
#88 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fionn
Love the program. Enjoyed using it back when I was still creatin' stuff. Very handy.

I have had the same problem for several versions now...it seems that everytime I attempt to load a custom .bmp or .jpeg, I get a BSM crash. Everytime. All other featuers (I have several custom poses, the modelling hack available here is a great source for those,btw) work fine. Regardless of version of BSM, regardless of which version of BS I run (Mansions and Gardens, FYI), regardless of the size of the .bmp/.jpeg, regardless of which directory I put them in, I still get the same error.

Thanks!

Fionn

Hi, Fionn.

Does this happen right away when you click on the Background Image button?

Or does it happen after you have chosen the image? At that time, the large image preview/options window would open.

Have you tried the most recent version - .28 ?

I optimized the large image preview window in this version, maybe it will help if it is the large window causing the crash.

Oh, also what version of Windows do you use?
Test Subject
#89 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 11:45 AM Last edited by Fionn : 9th Feb 2009 at 11:55 AM.
Didn't think to give you the OS...Vista x64. As goofy as Vista is, that's prolly the problem.

Anyway...

It happens after the image has been selected. Still happens w/ version .28.

Fionn
Scholar
Original Poster
#90 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fionn
Didn't think to give you the OS...Vista x64. As goofy as Vista is, that's prolly the problem.

Anyway...

It happens after the image has been selected. Still happens w/ version .28.

Fionn

I just posted a v .29 which handles the images in a slightly different way. I hope this fixes the problem, but I really don't know since I don't have Vista to try it on and I can't duplicate the problem here so please let me know.

Also, if this doesn't help, you could try setting the program's compatability to Windows XP if Vista has that feature.
Test Subject
#91 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 2:14 AM
Hey...thank you so much for the replies and the revision.
It didn't solve my issue, unfortunately, but I'm very grateful for the effort.

I did try running in XP compatability mode, but it didn't help. I'm sure it is just some weird bug with my system.

At any rate...thanks again, and I'll continue to use the program a lot, even without the background feature. You da man.

Fionn
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 9:36 PM
I thought I'd never see this program again! Thanks for bringing it here Dr. Pixel will definitely use this
Test Subject
#93 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 11:14 AM
I downloaded Mechanic and poses and followed the instructions.

They are all saved in the correct place and appear in Mechanic but when I load BodyShop with my selected pose it doesnt show up.

Background change does work.

PLEEEASE HELP!!
Instructor
#94 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 11:58 AM
This version works for me! It is brilliant!!!. This has to be one of the best tools around...thank you so much for updating!!!
Zen

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Test Subject
#95 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 11:41 PM
When I run the installer I get version 25b, is this the most recent one ?

Thanks
Scholar
Original Poster
#96 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by charliea1376
When I run the installer I get version 25b, is this the most recent one ?

Thanks

The most recent one is .36b - I just downloaded it to check, and the download is the correct version.

When you open the .zip file, you should see:
Install Bodyshop Mechanic v36.exe
inside.

If not I would suggest downloading it again, there may have been a glitch becuase of the recent hard drive problems.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 11:44 AM
I am getting the message that the file is damaged when I try to open the download to install, just so you know
Test Subject
#98 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 10:56 PM
Thx but the link is dead
Test Subject
#99 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 1:07 PM Last edited by massnetwork : 7th Apr 2009 at 1:33 PM. Reason: Various
It says 'cannot find bodyshop.exe'. The problem is that the bodyshop in the programs folder is named 'TS2BodyShop.exe'. Help what can i do? I dont want to rename the file in case it destroys it!

EDIT: i forgot to say that i use a mod to make the once CD installed game to run without a CD if that helps at all?

EDIT2: oops, it didnt break. i just clicked the wrong one of my sims 2 directories

EDIT3: Oops, i didnt realise it DIDNT need a directory, that it can also detect it if it runs
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 6:16 PM
I am still not able to open the file, it continues to say the file is invalid or I get the archive is damaged message. Please help. thanks
Page 4 of 6