Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 10:24 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default CAW vs In-game WE
I’ve been working for about a week, customizing my neighborhood by bulldozing buildings and lots, and adding new lots, some in different sizes, etc. I was googling something else and came across a forum that said never to change lots in World Editor because they will corrupt your game. I don’t think there’s a lot I haven’t touched! They recommended only moving and changing lots in CAW. Do I have something to be worried about? My neighborhood currently has no Sims, and many of the lots have been rotated multiple times. Some are EA lots, some downloaded from various sites, some are my own creation. I also create custom size lots to best fit the terrain and other constraints. Now I’m afraid all this work is for nothing, and my game will be corrupt once I add Sims and start playing live. I do have all the NRAAS modules - overwatch, master controller, etc. Should I be worried?

goderguy
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 11:13 PM
I have never heard of such a thing. I'm currently playing a revised version of Riverview that I have changed extensively in the regular Word Editor by adding, deleting, changing existing lots both residential and community. No issues.
Alchemist
#4 Old 24th Feb 2022 at 12:19 AM
Doing those changes won't corrupt your game but adding completely new lots to an empty terrain can and most always do break the routing in random places. That means you can play but most likely will get some level of lag, which in the worst case can render your world totally unplayable. It's better to do this kind of world editing in CAW because there you can rebuild the routing when you're finished. World editor is a mess and EA did not fix it. I lost 2 towns by using world editor and learned my lesson the hard way. You can still import your town into caw and fix the routing so all is not lost. You can, of course, just play and see what happens.

Writin_Reg answered this same question here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...omment_10105370