Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#76 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by -simwit-
That's the best Sarah Michelle Gellar sim I've seen so far, summersong86.

(Now I hope the others aren't offended.)
Oh thanks so much. I wish I could get her more accurate with the EA default skin and eyes, but so far it's the custom skin and the custom eyes that make her more Buffy-ish. Otherwise she reminds me of Carmen Rasmussen from Season2 of American Idol.

I wish there was some way we could have custom skins and eyes without them having to be default.

Well if enough people think this is a good Buffy I will try and upload her here. But first I have to read how to do that. I know how to upload to Exchange from my launcher but I've no clue how to get her properly packaged for here.
Advertisement
Banned
Original Poster
#77 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 10:58 PM
Oh wow, I'm in love with your SMG Summersong! She really is beautiful and you got the 'Buffy' nose right. Hehe.

And edejan, thanks a lot for the link! I checked it out and that hairstyle's gorgeous! Would be perfect for Buffy. (And Susan from Desperate Housewives if I ever get around to making her...lol)

Now I'm gonna go read jrf12391's Buffy story. Happy simming, everyone!
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 10:59 PM
Well, I meant both your versions, summersong. Both excellent, as far as I'm concerned.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#79 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 12:15 AM
Guys, this is a great thread, full of creativity and simming enthusiasm. So I'm sorry to play Commander Buzzkill, but we don't allow content to be shared like this in the Discussion forums. I think it would be a great idea for you all to form a mod group and submit your work via the usual channels.

Also, please limit your inline pictures to 4 per post. Thanks!
Mad Poster
#80 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 4:10 AM
Summersong, welcome!! Now that you're here we can all lay back and let you create our Buffy sims!!! :D

BTW, I have that under the lower lip shadow problem too and I haven't found any skin or setting or anything else to deal with it. I think it must be graphics card related tho' I (foolishly maybe) bought a new computer for TS3 and I thought I had a really good card. I find it very, very frustrating!!!

But, great, great Buffy!! But all your sims are wonderful (fangirl) !!
Scholar
#81 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 5:32 AM
Thank you edejan. I have been trying different adjustments with lip thicknesses, raising and lowering the jaw, changing cheek fullness, jaw shape and width--all while trying to maintain the same overall shape and proportions of her lower face--and NOTHING gets rid of the "soul patch". Gah! I can lessen it somewhat, but then the alterations make the sim less Buffy-ish.

I think Buffy is the only one I'm going to be making and it was more due to luck than skill that I got this one finished. I was playing her a bit awhile ago and she's cute enough but sometimes she makes the goofiest facial expressions and her eyes get REALLY wide. She ends up looking almost like Manga Buffy!
Mad Poster
#82 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 7:15 AM
LOL - Manga Buffy...that might be fun!!
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 8:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by summersong86
I was playing her a bit awhile ago and she's cute enough but sometimes she makes the goofiest facial expressions and her eyes get REALLY wide. She ends up looking almost like Manga Buffy!

That's why I removed the slider hack again. Most of the limits were put in there for good reason. A slider-hacked face may look good in a still shot, but when animated some things start to clip.
Banned
Original Poster
#84 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
LOL - Manga Buffy...that might be fun!!

lol she'd be perfect for the Season 8 comics Honestly though, Summersong's Buffy is gorgeous!

Also, I've been thinking about what Managaroo said and decided to create a Sims 3 Buffy Style group for us: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=327

See you there!
Mad Poster
#85 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 6:26 PM
Summersong, how did you get Buffy's nose to be that shape? It's perfect but in all my messing around with CAS, I never could get that look!!! :b
Scholar
#86 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 7:18 PM
Summersong, how did you get Buffy's nose to be that shape? It's perfect but in all my messing around with CAS, I never could get that look!!! :b
It's hard to describe, but you have to coordinate a very incremental manipulation of nose-tip-rotate slider, whole-nose-rotate slider, nose length slider, the nostril size slider (I forget exactly what that slider is called but it's what I used to make the nose tip chunky) and the nose bridge rotation slider.

Basically I tried to make the whole nose turn up a bit, nose tip turn down a bit, and rotated the bridge to make a slight bump. To complicate matters, apparently at some point SMG had a nose job or her nose changed naturally as she lost baby fat and matured, so reference photos of her nose aren't always going to be consistent.

It's a royal pain because you have to move a teensy bit on one slider, say nose tip rotation in the nose tip settings, leave nose tip entirely, then go into whole nose settings to access the sliders in there, make a tiny adjustment in the whole nose section, exit that, go into yet another part of the face, make a tiny adjustment that could throw your previous one off.

I know eventually this will become second nature to me. But I have to confess, it's taken me about THREE YEARS to feel at home with the Sims2 BodyShop sliders. I'm a slow learner.

The thing to be aware of with the Sims3 controls is that you don't become over reliant on manipulating any one single slider. Widening a jaw isn't just widening a jaw. It's going to affect everything else on that face. So before you widen that jaw to where you want it with just one of the sliders, you have to take a look at ALL the sliders that let you widen a face--even the ones that at first glance don't look like they have anything to do with face width. Examine how each of those sliders affects results controlled by another slider. They each play off one another in subtle ways and if you catch onto how they do that, you can predict ahead of time the effect you're going to have on a nose or chin, just by sliding to increase jaw width.

So change a feature just short of where you want it to be, examine whatever else was affected and make sure that you're not inadvertently changing the way something else looks. If you are, there are likely two or three other sliders you can nudge that will help get you closer to the proportions you want without throwing off measurements in other places.

In other words, minimize your collateral damage!

I went back last night and worked on Sarah some more to try yet again to minimize that under-lip shadowing. I found that I could get almost the same final profile by pushing her whole facial profile IN, pulling her nose back out via the nose length slider, and then adjusting jaw and chin sliders to restore what I'd thrown off by squashing her profile in. The end result looks almost the same, but minimizes the underlip shadow. And it's amazing the end result looks almost the same when you see how I actually pretty much smashed her face in and rebuilt it. This time a different combination of slider moves gave me almost the same result but minimized one previous problem.

It's actually quite fascinating once you play around with it. Anyway, EA did give us a far more powerful sculpting tool than it appeared at first glance. Bodyshop was like that, too. The first year or two I used it I thought it was insanely weak and limited. After awhile I felt it was sheer genius how they set it all up.
Scholar
#87 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thanatozz
That's why I removed the slider hack again. Most of the limits were put in there for good reason. A slider-hacked face may look good in a still shot, but when animated some things start to clip.
PRECISELY! Yes, that's correct, and it's one of my beefs with the the criteria that seem to most successfully "sell" a celebrity sim to forums and downloaders. I create sims I want to play, not just look good for an ad campaign. I think most of us have either downloaded or created lovely celebrity sims that completely fall apart in motion in the Sims2 game. I've seen errors like teeth crashing through lips and jaws when the sim was talking. (This happened with one of my Peg Bundy prototypes--my finished Peg I uploaded to Insim's forum was good but not as perfect a resemblance as the prototype. Maybe most people would have preferred the carbon-copy prototype, but I preferred the final version that could talk without having her teeth jump out at you!) I've also seen celebrities whose faces collapsed into mush if you tried to start them off in your game as toddlers. I know from reading comments that most people seem to prize accuracy and realism in still photos above all else. But I just can't enjoy the game that way, myself. I'd rather go the opposite way and give up some resemblance to get a sim that plays nicely in-game.

I've seen horrifically deformed babies result when I test-mated the celebrity sim to potential mates in Create-a-Family. I've got loads of celebrities I've made that I won't upload because they look good as cardboard cutouts but don't play well. Conversely, I've had celebrities rejected, because I sacrificed points of resemblance in order to ensure I'd be able to let those sims have kids or crikey, at least be able to move their faces in game without turning into freak shows.

As far as my Sims3 Buffy goes, I am still testing her out for playability and so far, I've noticed some freak show moments. One time she was turning her head sideways and her nose turned oddly like an ant-eaters nose! It just extended like a trunk! I have a newer prototype I'm hoping whose nose I hope won't do the same thing. It's an intermittent problem so I may let it slide. But when/if I do release Buffy to the public, I will fully disclose all known oddities.

Unfortunately I won't know if I can produce any versions whose facial features are compatible with producing attractive babies. I don't have time to actually breed my sims in-game. Usually in Sims2 I test-breed them in Create-A-Family.

But my minimum criteria will always be fully playable facial geometry. As far as this Buffy goes, I am testing to make sure she's not too unnattractive at other ages. I had one that was more accurate as a YA, but as a teenager she had jowls like a bulldog. I think it's reasonable people can expect to play Buffy as a teenager, after all. So, I scrapped that one.

Also, given that we may all be using different default skins, I'm testing Buffy with some of the popularly used skins. So far she looks okay with Game default, Aikea Guinea/Club Crymyn's, Peggy's, and I'm about to test her with one of HP's face skins. I built her with Peggy's skin, so of course she's always going to have the best look with that skin.
Test Subject
#88 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 3:01 AM
Yay for Buffy! I'm a huge fan. The second sim I made after a sim me was a sim Buffy. (I also had her marry Angel and have 2 kids, as this is my dream world...lol!) I'll try and take a few screenshots and post when I have a chance.

Some of the sims in this thread are great! Props to edejan and summersong! I'm excited to see more content.

Also, one fun thing I did in my Buffy-hood was create a whole bunch of random demons with the neat skin tones. I made their house a converted cemetery too. Adds a bit of fun to the gameplay. My goal is to have Buffy win a fight against each of them with her superior athletic talents.
Scholar
#89 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by summersong86
I've seen horrifically deformed babies result when I test-mated the celebrity sim to potential mates in Create-a-Family. disclose all known oddities.

I have have some unbelievably ugly babies when breeding celebrity Sims. I once bred Lucy Lui and Bill Clinton and it was just...words fail me...

Quote:
Unfortunately I won't know if I can produce any versions whose facial features are compatible with producing attractive babies. I don't have time to actually breed my sims in-game. Usually in Sims2 I test-breed them in Create-A-Family.

I can test Sims for you, if you would like. I have an impregnator I'm trying out, so I need to breed anyway.
Quote:
Yay for Buffy! I'm a huge fan. The second sim I made after a sim me was a sim Buffy. (I also had her marry Angel and have 2 kids, as this is my dream world...lol!) I'll try and take a few screenshots and post when I have a chance.

I've been playing Buffy Sims since the early days of the original Sims. Angel always marries Spike in my game and they live forever...until I do a clean install after every second EP. Spike seems to give birth to better looking kids than Angel does (strangely), but I make Angel do most of the heavy lifting, because watching him waddle around just never gets old for me.
Mad Poster
#90 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 7:59 AM Last edited by edejan : 15th Aug 2009 at 8:21 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by daydreamz10
Also, one fun thing I did in my Buffy-hood was create a whole bunch of random demons with the neat skin tones. I made their house a converted cemetery too. Adds a bit of fun to the gameplay. My goal is to have Buffy win a fight against each of them with her superior athletic talents.

That sounds like a fun idea which can be incorporated in TS3...which has much less "realistic" possibilities for Buffy style play! Thanks!

BTW I found a picture of the actual hotel used as the exterior for the Hyperion Hotel where Angel lived:

And Summersong, thanks for the detailed instructions....I think such detailed work is beyond my talent!!! No wonder your sims rock!! :D
Scholar
#91 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 9:57 AM
I'm getting ready to go out of town for a few days. I'll submit Buffy when I get back. Possibly before...but not likely because the presentation is going to be a bit complicated because I've photographed her with different default skintones on.

Aeval, yeah it would be great to find out if my Buffy breeds funky looking kids. I think she's going to have really odd looking kids with her proboscis monkey nose. I did test some of the prototypes I was talking about but they lacked a bit of charm that my original has, so I will scrap those and upload the original that is shown in this thread.

I mean I will SUBMIT for upload. Looking at her in-game, she's more of a caricature than a photo-realistic copy of any Sarah M Gellar reference photo. That could kill any chances I have of getting her approved. I wonder if I could submit her as a spoof--call her "Buffy Simmers".

Edejan, it's not nearly as hard as I made it sound. It's one of those things you'll just find yourself doing naturally. Describing what you're doing--THAT is the hard part. I'm just not good at putting words to the process.

I'm not that good. I got lucky this one time with one sim that is merely a caricature. There's a Emma Watson sims3 sim that got posted here to MTS recently that is a really excellent likeness. THAT is what MTS is looking for. Not so sure they'd want my cartoony celebrity.
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 10:33 AM
Summersong, you MUST make a Freddie Prinze Jr.! That way we can see a Sim version of the Gellar/Prinze offspring. I'm just kidding, but even without taking the limitations of Sims 3 into consideration, your Buffy is spot on. You really should upload her.
Banned
Original Poster
#93 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rescu911
Summersong, you MUST make a Freddie Prinze Jr.! That way we can see a Sim version of the Gellar/Prinze offspring. I'm just kidding, but even without taking the limitations of Sims 3 into consideration, your Buffy is spot on. You really should upload her.

I'd like a Freddie sim as well!

And thanks for the pic edejan, must have taken you ages to find it. I know it's not easy Googling for Buffy stuff these days.
Mad Poster
#94 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 6:57 PM Last edited by edejan : 15th Aug 2009 at 8:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CharmingFirewaller
I'd like a Freddie sim as well!

And thanks for the pic edejan, must have taken you ages to find it. I know it's not easy Googling for Buffy stuff these days.

You're welcome!! But I actually just fell over while I was looking through Buffy Wikipedia and found a link for TV locations which I recognized from my Charmed searching days. There are a lot of shots of actual places where scenes were filmed.

http://www.seeing-stars.com/Locatio...ocations7.shtml

I was looking for last names for Drusilla, Spike and Angel and the Wikipedia had nothing listed...but since it's all submitted information from you and me, does anyone know this info?? I'm thinking it was never mentioned, but just in case I missed it....
Banned
Original Poster
#95 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 11:03 PM
You're welcome!! But I actually just fell over while I was looking through Buffy Wikipedia and found a link for TV locations which I recognized from my Charmed searching days. There are a lot of shots of actual places where scenes were filmed.

http://www.seeing-stars.com/Locatio...ocations7.shtml

I was looking for last names for Drusilla, Spike and Angel and the Wikipedia had nothing listed...but since it's all submitted information from you and me, does anyone know this info?? I'm thinking it was never mentioned, but just in case I missed it....

I checked out the link, had a lot of useful stuff. So far the most detailed replicas I've seen are of the Charmed Manor and it's probably due to the fact that there are many different versions of its floorplan out there.

I don't think Dru, Spike and Angel have last names either. Spike was just "William" when he was human and Angel was "Liam" which...lol, is kinda like William.

Faith didn't have a last name until they released the book "Go Ask Malice" and from then on her full name became Faith Lehane. Joss probably mentions this in the Season 8 comics as well but I forget.

Speaking of which, is it possible for a sim to just have a first name? I haven't tried it but maybe we could get them to drop their last names at City Hall.
Test Subject
#96 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 1:42 AM
I think Lehane is pretty much canon now as her last name.

Also, i think Wolfram & hart should def be a lot as well, if we are getting into the angel stuff too.
Mad Poster
#97 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jrf12391
Hey guys I wrote this buffy story awhile ago using the sims 2 and I was just wondering if you could tell me if it's any good.

here's the story

Hey, just read your story and really enjoyed it. Your writing is very humorous and funny. The scenarios and action scenes were well done and the dialog is really cute. Reading it made me really miss TS2, tho'. Thanks for the link! I'd enjoy the next chapter if you ever feel up to it - tho' now with TS3 it might be really hard.
Mad Poster
#98 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ivywinter
I think Lehane is pretty much canon now as her last name.

Also, i think Wolfram & hart should def be a lot as well, if we are getting into the angel stuff too.

I think there's a pic of the building used for the outside shots of Wolfram and Hart in the link above.

And I check out if they can driop the last name at City Hall. Right now I've given them all the last name of "the Vamp"...lame, I know, but couldn't think of anything else.
Scholar
#99 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 10:10 AM
I always used Aurelius as a last name for any of the fanged four. It was the vampire bloodline they came from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_Aurelius

I think Cordelia also listed him as Angel Jones when they took Connor for his post-natal check-up.
Mad Poster
#100 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval99
I think Cordelia also listed him as Angel Jones when they took Connor for his post-natal check-up.

LOL...Jones...too funny!! But I'd completely not put together the info on the Order of Aurelius in my mind. Thanks for that link, the info was very interesting. So Aurelius makes sense. Thanks!! :D
Page 4 of 19