Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#126 Old 28th Aug 2009 at 6:53 PM
You know, for all the years I've been playing with Buffy Sims in my game, I've never really thought about doing Buffy-type things with them. I've always just played them like any other Sim (except they never die).

Of course I generally play Angel and Spike the most, so it's usually about them having a normal life...and lots of babies

In Sims 2 I did usually have Anya running her own business or sometimes the Magic shop with Giles. In fact, I often paired them up I usually had Buffy marry Riley and have an enormous brood too.

I do wish we had magic again. I loved that EP so much, and I had a blast with Willow and Tara playing it. *giggles* I also gave Angel a wand and let him turn Xander into a toad constantly. Ah...good times
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#127 Old 28th Aug 2009 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CharmingFirewaller
I know I've already commented on your Dawn, edejan, but just to give this thread a bump--she's adorable!

Did I already post this? I know I tried the other night but I kept getting blown out..sorry if I'm repeating myself...

Aeval, you're right. I played my Buffy sims before any magic came out (tho' the stake and garlic vampire kit was a pretty early mod...so much so that I couldn't track them down once I let go of The Sims and started TS2.) So I guess it'll do to play them as normal again. I just got spoiled with TS2 and AL and other mods.

I didn't like Riley so my Buffy usually ended up with Spike but they never really started a family. Buffy was too focused on work and Spike was too lazy. Usually had Joyce marry Giles and have a bunch more kids. Usually had David Boreanaz as Seely Booth marry one of my favorite CAS made sims and have a son named Angel. Of course Willow and Tara always together with lots of kids, magic and gardening.

This time around I have paired Willow with Tara but I'm also going to pair her up with Oz so he can be rock star.

And Summersong, I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT XANDER'S MUMMY GIRLFRIEND!!! YES!!!! I hope the mummies are playable or designable. Yay!! Now I can't wait!! (Oh, and thanks re Xander. I haven't played him yet!)
Scholar
#128 Old 28th Aug 2009 at 8:11 PM
Dawnie is up on the blog. And she is fantastic!

Have you seen Michelle T recently? OMG she is all grown up and makes me feel so old. She's about eight feet taller than SMG now too, as witnessed in this photo . (and just to be catty) Look ma! Buffy has boobs for the first time since early season 3!
Test Subject
#129 Old 28th Aug 2009 at 11:08 PM
Hi everyone! I'm super excited to have stumbled upon this thread! I have been working on finding locations and a map of Sunnydale. So far, I've found this website to be the most hopeful: http://community.livejournal.com/osiooc/103984.html

I've also been collecting uploaded factories, cemeteries, and churches to 'fill in' the rest of Sunnydale.

I just finished deleting a Sunset Valley map to prep for Sunnydale.

ps. Thanks for giving me something fun to work on when I'm not working... :P
Mad Poster
#130 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 5:06 AM
OMG! My little Dawnie has grown up...I'll still think of her as the cute little girl tho'. And re Buffy's non-boobs...you can't really have boobs when you weigh 85 lbs...lol.
Banned
Original Poster
#131 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 5:08 AM
Awww, thanks for the link Aeval99! So nice to see Michelle Trachtenberg at SMG's baby shower. It's like the Buffy reunion all over again--and OMG boobs! No, that wasn't meant to sound dirty.

I haven't actually played Buffy in the Sims 3 yet, mostly just building lots for Sunnydale. I have downloaded the characters you guys have uploaded and I'm really looking forward to playing them sometime in the near future.

Welcome aboard, dottie! Saw you on Whedonsims as well. It's nice to have someone else working on Sunnydale lots. I've built a few but not knowing what goes where can be quite frustrating so the map you've linked to will definitely come in handy. Thanks!
Test Subject
#132 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 6:09 PM
I read in a review that in the new EP sims can train in China to learn martial arts which will be a new skill, so I'm pretty excited about that for my Buffy sim.

Dawn looks great btw!
Mad Poster
#133 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 7:14 PM
Thanks and Yay!! Now I can't wait for the EP!! Martial arts and maybe a mummy girlfriend...woohoo!! :D
Test Subject
#134 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 5:19 AM
Where have all the Buffy fans gone?

I've been having some fun with my Buffy and Angel sims.

Check it out: http://simusing.wordpress.com/
Banned
Original Poster
#135 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 5:49 PM
Cool, I'm going there right now.
Mad Poster
#136 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daydreamz10
Check it out: http://simusing.wordpress.com/

Cool story! I can't wait to see the next installment!
Scholar
#137 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daydreamz10
Where have all the Buffy fans gone?

Hee! I think we have all gotten our hands on some Buffy sims and are happily playing away.

edejan Did you ever upload your Drusilla Sim? I really would like to get her in my game. Faith has the heartbreaker lifetime wish and I need some sims to couple her with. Didn't you also have Xander and Anya's apartment hanging around somewhere?

Summersong I'm still playing your Buffy and I have to say that she looks better and better as time goes on. She's great from every angle. As soon as she ages into an adult I will pollinate her and see what her offspring turns out like. Do you have anymore Sims in the works? *is greedy* :P
Banned
Original Poster
#138 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 7:51 PM
I miss this thread too!

I'll be honest, I haven't been doing anything Buffy related lately. My last upload was Faith's Motel and I started (but haven't finished) working on Dracula's Castle and the Doublemeat Palace. I might upload my Sunnydale High School though, if I'm happy with it...lol

In my game most of these lots are located downtown but the residential area is practically empty. Would anyone want to create lots similar to the Summers Residence or any other type of suburban home that may be found in Southern California?

That way our Sunnydale wouldn't look so...naked.
Test Subject
#139 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 11:35 PM
Hey all! Just wanted to let ya know I created a cemetary for Sunnydale. I sent the link and all the info over to the blog.

Hope you guys like it!

When in doubt: stake first- ask questions later!
Banned
Original Poster
#140 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tjaty81
Hey all! Just wanted to let ya know I created a cemetary for Sunnydale. I sent the link and all the info over to the blog.

Hope you guys like it!

Cool, I'm gonna go check it out!
Test Subject
#141 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
Cool story! I can't wait to see the next installment!

Thanks for checking it out! I posted part 2:

http://simusing.wordpress.com/2009/...olume-1-part-2/

Let me know what you think.
Test Subject
#142 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 4:11 AM
Daydreamz, your story is great so far! I can't wait to see what happens next!
Test Subject
#143 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miss-Resa
Daydreamz, your story is great so far! I can't wait to see what happens next!

Thanks so much! Here's part 3: http://simusing.wordpress.com/2009/...olume-1-part-3/
Test Subject
#144 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 1:21 AM
Default I Love Buffy & Sims 3
I am very intrested in having my very own Sunnydale in Sims 3!
I have been making my own characters from Buffy too.
So everyone who is working on it kudos for you.
Especially CharmingFirewaller, your creations for the lots are fantastic.

I have a blueprint of the set for buffys school here it is:

I hope that helps.
Any questions? PM ME please.

I am working on creating the school too. Alot of work it needs.
Banned
Original Poster
#145 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 7:42 PM
That's great, slayeralicia! I've been looking all over for the Sunnydale High floorplan and could never find one. All I managed to do was design the area around the school rabbit hole to make it look like Sunnydale High (with the courtyard and everything).

But I lost ALL my Buffy Project files recently (which means Dracula's Castle and the Doublemeat Palace won't be uploaded until I recreate them again). At least my other lots are still up on Aeval99's blog though, and I'm really glad you like them.

Maybe someday, when we get around to completing all the lots, we can upload Sunnydale as a Save game. Have fun creating the high school, slayeralicia, and keep us posted on your progress!
Test Subject
#146 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 6:40 AM
Default I'm trying...
I'm in the process of making some characters, nee constructive criticism so i can get 'em right...
Xander:
Screenshots
Test Subject
#147 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 6:42 AM
Default Still trying....
And next...
Buffy:
Screenshots
Test Subject
#148 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 6:44 AM
Default Trying...
I can't seem 2 get willows face, I want it 2 look more willowy and less kelly osborne....

Willow:
Screenshots
Banned
Original Poster
#149 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 7:27 AM
Hey, not bad! I think the outfits fit the characters (I recall seeing most of them in Seasons 1-3) and don't worry, your Willow looks nothing like Kelly Osbourne...lol
Scholar
#150 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 8:13 AM
Hi guys,
Glad to see people are still working on this. I hadn't even been playing Sims3 in a long time. I had been playing Sims1 on a laptop for awhile and working on Sims2. I only recently got back into Sims3.

I just made a few custom sims for Sims3 for my daughter. She's a fan of a Nick Jr. show called The Fresh Beat Band so I am trying to make the 4 main characters for her. I'm not having much luck, but I have decent approximations and my daughter is happy enough with them, so I guess that's okay. I'm not really playing much with them, though. We've had so much to do, working on our house, kids birthday parties, that sort of thing.

WinifredKrueger, Sorry I'm having trouble seeing your photos large enough to give any feedback on them. They look good from what I can see but Willow's head looks wide in the tiny shots but that could be thumbnail distortion. I can't see her face in enough detail to say anything, same with Buffy.

Will Stefan did make a fabulous SMG that he uploaded a short while back. I haven't downloaded it but she looks pretty in his screen shots. My own Buffy I think could still use some work. I don't know if I got the chin right and I think maybe I could thin the nose tip down a little to avoid in-game distortions in some facial expressions. But with Will Stefan's SMG available I don't know if I should bother trying to fine tune mine. Dang...it's like 3. am. and my kid is STILL up. She should have been asleep hours ago but she's at my office door bugging me about something else. Sigh...brb...

I loved seeing the photo of Michelle Trachtenberg at SMG's baby shower. I always wondered if Allyson Hannigan ever got together with SMG, since they both had their babies the same year. Allyson's baby was born in March, I think. Their girls could play together, I guess. But I'm not sure Allyson and SMG are still friends in real life. Was she at the baby shower for Sarah?
Page 6 of 19