Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#126 Old 18th May 2007 at 1:29 AM
Thank you so much for this. But whenever I make custom bodyshop stuff (makeup, brows, eyes, clothes, etc.) it doesnt show up in the "saved sims" folder. Why is this?

Playing since 2004.
“Marsh's Sim Shit” —Sims, challenges/legacies, stories, lots, and edits (updated March 2020)
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#127 Old 19th May 2007 at 10:40 AM
Shan-Chan - you're not doing the last 'import' step perhaps?

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#128 Old 22nd May 2007 at 11:44 PM
Great tutorial, but I can't get past the export step. I name the file and click on the checkmark and nothing happens
Test Subject
#129 Old 24th May 2007 at 5:30 PM
hi,Im really sorry for bothering you but I dont have photoshop or gimp and everytime I try to download gimp,I end up by some packages I have when I downloaded something.Im really desperate now because Im thinking Im to stupid to download the gimp .can u tell me how to get it to work???
Test Subject
#130 Old 24th May 2007 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BisHouj0
hi,Im really sorry for bothering you but I dont have photoshop or gimp and everytime I try to download gimp,I end up by some packages I have when I downloaded something.Im really desperate now because Im thinking Im to stupid to download the gimp .can u tell me how to get it to work???

I meant,that there is no ,download' button and the links just lead me to these damn packages!^^'
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#131 Old 24th May 2007 at 6:43 PM
BisHouj0

#1 use the EDIT button to add stuff to a post you've made, do not double or triple post
#2 please don't ask questions about gimp in a photoshop tutorial, maybe if you found the GIMP tutorials you'd be happier

Instructions for installing GIMP: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=182601
They are a bit dated, but the links seem to work, so give it a try.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Test Subject
#132 Old 25th May 2007 at 6:26 PM Last edited by einahpets65 : 25th May 2007 at 6:35 PM.
Wow! I can't beleive i actually recolered something!!! I really like this tutorial too, its very simple, which is good for poeple who can be retarded with computers, like me... Anyways, Thank you for making this!!
Test Subject
#133 Old 26th May 2007 at 7:31 AM
i love this it helpe me alot and i must say you step bby step is easy too follow
Test Subject
#134 Old 29th May 2007 at 12:50 AM
i have a question. would it be at all possible for me to use paint instead of photoshop to redo coloring and stuff? I have basic ideas of computer software but im still pretty clueless. I can't figure out how to get photoshop, and i don't have it. what do i do?
Test Subject
#135 Old 29th May 2007 at 12:55 AM
Default help for shan-chan
Shan-chan. I figured your problem out the hard way. doing something like that takes lots of patience. every time you add a skin color, eye color, etc. you have to export it to the game and re-open the project. it is confusing, thats what i have to do, if im wrong sorry, but i tried.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#136 Old 29th May 2007 at 8:40 AM
kittyamber

Photoshop costs $$ - find an older version (anything from 7 on is adequate, 5 is even okay) or see if someone you know has one.

Or go get yourself The Gimp, it is free, and follow the gimp tutorials instead. You will not be able to do much with Paint.

Test Subject
#137 Old 30th May 2007 at 6:09 PM
Is this just included in the computer game? Because I have the PSP sims 2 game. Can you like use a USB cord to import your cloths into the PSP? Can you download bodyshop too?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#138 Old 31st May 2007 at 6:52 AM
Orisshenyan, This is only for the PC and Mac games, nothing on this site is going to work for your on any of the console games.

Test Subject
#139 Old 10th Jun 2007 at 7:13 PM
omgomgomg . thank you so much !
this is my first ever edited outfit (i edited colors and the added a pattern to the jacket)
Test Subject
#140 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 1:00 AM
I have a question will Photoshop CS 2 work?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#141 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 1:25 AM
Sidney1993Player - photoshop is pretty much photoshop. If something looks different you might need to go figure out where the command is in your version, but generally the answer is 'of course'. I use photoshop 7.

Test Subject
#142 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 6:50 AM
people were asking for good alternatives to photoshop, this one's free:

http://ftp10.serif.com/FSSDownloadM...up/FSS_PH60.exe
Test Subject
#143 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 12:46 PM
Default Ughhh
I read through everything and got to the save part. I'm using Adobe Imageready, which is almost equivalent to Photoshop. Anyway, I have 4 save settings, "Save, Save As, Save Optimized, Save Optimized As", and I have tried every one of them to try and change to bitmap, but I don't have a Format scroll down bar and I can not change it! Please Help!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#144 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 2:45 PM
Tiana1214 - I haven't used image ready nor do I know which version you are running.
According to this page, it should export bmp format.
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/vie...29599&sliceId=2

On the other hand, almost everything I see says it comes *with* photoshop, maybe it's depending on a photoshop plugin to export in different formats -- the program is designed for 'editing web graphics' which would not be bmp graphics, but jpg and gif.

This site has image ready tutorials AND a forum - perhaps someone there might be using imageready and will know what to do:
http://www.pixel2life.com/tutorials/adobe_image_ready/
I was not able to easily find an answer - and most folks use photoshop - but someone might know - just give your question a good descriptive subject

There might be other sites, this is just *1* that I found. Good luck to you. (and maybe someone here will know, of course they are welcome to help!)

Test Subject
#145 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 12:22 AM
Thank you for a great tutorial. I've been itching to get creative but was totally clueless about Body Shop.
Test Subject
#146 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 5:24 PM Last edited by tiggerypum : 22nd Jun 2007 at 11:19 PM. Reason: cut the quote - please don't quote entire messages for no reason
Default Worked for me
Quote: Originally posted by Faylen
Welcome to skinning! This is a tutorial on the most basic of techniques, recoloring.......

I just printed and followed these instructions and you're a life saver!! What information wasn't directly on this thread was clearly stated on the thread you refferanced in the beginning of the tut. Just when I was feeling completely ignorant, it all came together. I know the replies and statements on here are pretty old but I thought I should say, "Thanks a lot!!" KO :D
Test Subject
#147 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 1:14 AM
Thank You, Faylen this was a very helpful tutoriol!
Test Subject
#148 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 6:09 PM
Hey! I have a problem and hope you will be so kind to help me solve it. I found fabulous mesh from Sim Chic but it doesn't have any recolour. When I open it in any graphic program (Photoshop) I can see only white square. What should I do? I prepared some textures and have an idea for an outfit but I'm not even able to start. I will be extremely thankful for any kind of help.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#149 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 9:31 PM
Amitri - is the white square 1024x1024? If so, that's your place to put your texture. Most meshes are modified from Maxis - so what I'd do first is throw a maxis outfit graphic there, and see how it fits. Then I'd make adjustments to it (even if it's just drawing lines where I guess the hem is or whatever) on any spots that don't fit.

Another thing you can do is get the uvmap for their mesh (but that involves using a 3d meshing program and SimPE - so it's a bit more advanced).
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=144329

A third way to approach it: You could also look at the uvmaps already posted in the stickies and try one of them as your texture and then look carefully at how they fit - and then try to block in some basic solid color clothing on it to make yourself a custom template.

I often block things in with bold solid colors and look at them carefully in bodyshop so that I can be sure I know exactly when a hem or neckline is before I do my final graphic.

Field Researcher
#150 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 9:39 PM
Thank you for this tutorial, I have been wanting to try recoloring but did not know how, I followed the steps and was able to create my first ever recolor! The tutorial is very easy to follow for us beginers. Much thanks. :D
Page 6 of 15